Intern in Israel - Summer, Spring, or Fall
Top Israel Interns participants Top Israel Interns participants

Intern in Israel - Summer, Spring, or Fall

Life-changing experience!

Hey!

I'm Joleen from North Carolina.

I went on this program, and can't say enough good things about it!

The placement they found me was perfect for my professional development. I interned at "Teva" which is Israel's largest pharmaceutical company. It gave me experience that I carried on to my future roles, and serves as a stepping stone for me - for sure!

Also, the the group of interns with me were great, and we traveled around the country as part of the program.

Great Professional Experience, and Awesome Accomodations

Hi,

I participated in the most previous group of interns during the Fall. It was a 5-month program, and I made a lot of great friends.

I am happy to say that the accommodations are probably one of the best you will find of any other Masa trip provider.

I highly recommend this program to all those looking to intern in Israel, while also applying for the Masa grant.

Can't thank you enough...

I was a participant on Top Israel Interns- 5 month internship program. Not only did the program meet my expectations, but it exceeded them! I made amazing friends and my internship really helped give me a leg-up in the professional field. My internship placement gave me the opportunity to learn and develop critical skills to succeed in my field (VC/investment banking). Now I have a way better job than I could have ever gotten had I not done this internship.
The trips were so fun. I got to see things in Israel that weren’t the typical “birthright” touristy things. The apartments were in THE BEST location in tlv and so much nicer than any of my friend’s on other programs! I loved how close we were to all everything and anything we would want to do in the city!
There were a few little inconveniences right when we arrived, but all-in-all none of those little annoyances (like wait time to get my blinds fixed) weren't significant enough to make me not LOVE LOVE LOVE the program and my time spent in Israel!
Thanks TII for an awesome 5 months!

If you're looking to do an internship in Israel- USE TII!

Do Not Go On This Program

After being back in the states for 4 and a half months after the program, I cannot believe I am still have issues. This is the most unprofessional and unreasonable company I have ever worked with. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS PROGRAM, IT IS A SCAM. I will start from the beginning.

We show up in Israel to an apartment that is dirty and smells. We were told we would be living in Central Tel Aviv on the website, but we were located in South Tel Aviv (Florentine). A couple weeks after that, mold starts to grow (which is kind of normal in Israel), but how they dealt with it is not. They sent someone randomly to "clean" it by using clorox. Of course, just a day later it grew back stronger and worse. We dealt with this for months.

I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but then Ulpan starts. The Ulpan was taught by a very nice, but very unprofessional teacher. They didn't even give us workbooks. They stuck us in a room and expected us to learn from nothing. They are so cheap they couldn't even provide some framework or send us to a legitimate Ulpan like Ulpan Gordon.

Two and a half weeks into the program, I am taking a nap in my room when someone walks in. I believed it to be my roommate. When I received a text message that she was coming home, I started to get nervous. I later found out three men (who I do not know), were coming into our apartment and walking into rooms they shouldn't have. I felt UNSAFE for the rest of the program and even requested that this didn't happen again. Of course, it happened two more times. The CEO finally came to try and calm us down (3 months after this happened), and was less than helpful. He said he was suing the apartment company, and would keep us updated. Not only has he not kept us updated, but if he does win, he is the one who get's to keep the money.

My internship placement was a nightmare. I got an internship months before starting the program, but little did I know it would be an hour ride outside of Tel Aviv and an hour back. Being in a new country, these things need to be told to the person paying thousands of dollars to be there. I quit my internship as I did not feel comfortable traveling that far every day, and spent one month doing NOTHING.

If this wasn't bad enough, I am now dealing with them getting our security deposits back. In our contract, it says 6-8 weeks. It took them 4 and a half months to send us any money and bills (which we asked for since week 1 of the program) and the bills are suspicious at best. Every month, we somehow consumed the same amount of electricity and water? They also sent my roommate back more money than me. We spent months trying to figure this out with them. Most of the time they wouldn't answer.

I can go on and on about this program, I just want you to be aware that this is the LAST internship program you should go on. Every other program (including Career Israel), I have heard nothing but great things. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO TOP ISRAEL INTERNS. THEY STEAL, CHEAT, AND LIE.

• Top Israel Interns responded to this review July 06, 2017 at 12:10 AM

Dear NotPleased123,

We are so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience on Top Israel Interns program. We understand that it will not change the experience that you had during your time here, but we would like to take this time to address some of your points and explain how we have made improvements for future participants.

Some of our Tel Aviv apartments are located in the Florentine district. This is an extremely sought out neighborhood, in the center of Tel Aviv’s nightlife. Apartments are a 15 minute walk from the Mediterranean Sea, an 18 minute walk from the Shuk HaCarmel and a 10 minute bus ride to Dizengoff Center Mall. They are a bit south of the city center as you mentioned, but the apartments are very centrally located. We are sorry you were unhappy with the apartment location.

Regarding the cleanliness of your apartment, as you mentioned mold is an, albeit unfortunate, part of life living in the humid Mediterranean climate of Tel Aviv. There are ways to prevent and try to avoid mold growth but there is little to do about the problem at large. Standard mold remediation procedure is the use of bleach (Clorox®, is a bleach product) to scrub away and sanitize the area of mold spores. If in a bathroom, making sure the windows are open and there is always proper ventilation of steam during and after showering is critical in prevention of mold growth all year round. We apologize you felt as though you were suffering from this situation. We took care of it as best as possible, as we would do in our own homes. We will make sure to explain to future participants the significance of proper ventilation in order to maintain appropriate expectations.

This is already our second session using a different Ulpan (intensive Hebrew language course) system. We took the feedback from you and your peers and are now partnered with Ulpan Or, the most highly rated Ulpan in the country. We also use private teachers after the one month Ulpan course for the duration of the program to have follow-up lessons and practice session to maintain and potentially improve Hebrew level achieved during the organized Ulpan sessions.

We are still shocked and upset by the situation you had with maintenance workers coming into your apartment and room without any warning. We have never had a situation such as this before and never since this stand-alone occurrence. We have stopped working with this management company. As you mentioned we have sued the maintenance company and are still working through the legal battles. We hope to have updates for you soon.

We are upset to hear that you were unhappy with the internship placement process. Being registered for the program early gives the placement team a longer amount of time to work with you and make sure that each participant in satisfied with his/her internship options and final placement decision. Thanks to your feedback, it is now policy to discuss commute with interns as part of the placement process. We have also recently hired another internship placement coordinator to join our team to make sure that each intern gets more personalized attention. There is a standard procedure for quitting an internship and switching placements to prevent the intern from being out of work for an extended period of time.

Our accounting department also recently hired another person to join their team in order to run more efficiently. We have changed security deposit/utilities fee policy and are working toward making sure participants get their deposits sooner. The apartment that “every month, we somehow consumed the same amount of electricity and water?” is because aforementioned management company, (with whom we are no longer working) fixes a flat rate with the city. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience and clerical error between you and your roommate’s refund.

Again, we understand that this response can and does not change the experience you had on Top Israel Interns, but I hope you can understand the program is working towards productive changes for the future.

Best,