International Internships in Shanghai - NEW PROGRAM
The Intern Group participants The Intern Group participants

International Internships in Shanghai - NEW PROGRAM

TIG Shanghai internship

During my internship in Shanghai, I had the opportunity to meet Tommy. He is one of the most understanding people I have met. That being said, it was very efficient to coordinate with him during the course of my internship. Also, he encouraged us to take part in events and socialize and have a great time. Overall, I had a great time working and living in Shanghai because of Tommy's obliging personality.

An insight into Chinese social and professional culture

Living and working in China for a month as part of this program was one of the most rewarding and enjoyable experiences of my life. Granted, I did not particularly enjoy my internship on a personal level but being a part of the workplace offered a great deal of knowledge and understanding of a professional culture that is entirely different to anything I had seen before.
Socially, I was able to enjoy many of the attractions that Shanghai offered and lived in the city as if was comfortably my home rather than just a tourist destination. The Intern Group handled the entire process professionally and I never found myself concerned at any time during my stay. A lot of this is due to the way in which my stay was handled by The Intern Group.

Best experience of my life, Tommy is the GOAT

My "leader" was tommy. Tommy did a fantastic job of being there for me whenever and for whatever I needed. He would answer any questions I had quickly and would give me many many ideas of things to do and places to see. He was someone I could ask anything and he would know the answer. He was very professional and made sure I were learning, but was also a great friend and someone I enjoyed hanging out with and spending time with. Overall tommy exceeded expectations drastically and would recommend him and the program to any and everyone in the future!

Recommendation for The Intern Group

I would highly recommend The Intern Group for anyone who is looking for an internship abroad. Not only do they do a great job at finding the right internship for you, but they include cultural activities that you can't learn in a classroom. Communication was great between the supervisors and staff. Overall I think everyone should do an internship abroad (preferably with The Intern Group) because it helps you grow as a person, your knowledge of other cultures & business scenes, and even pick up on another language. I would 100% participate in another internship program with The Intern Group.

Great opportunity!

I was so grateful to have done my first internship in China. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is seriously considering working abroad long-term. My program coordinator, Tommy, was incredible and honestly made the experience so much more enjoyable. For a new program, things ran relatively smoothly. The only changes I might suggest would be better communication before the program starts (more help with the visa application process, a better breakdown of projected costs of living upfront, more accurate descriptions of internship positions, etc). Overall, I had a great experience.