FSU International Programs - Internships: Valencia, Spain
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Social Work
Specific dates listed on website: offered Spring, Summer, and Fall
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
The fee includes all registration and instructional costs for up to 16 undergraduate or 10 graduate credit hours for fall/spring session; housing in central Valencia; an extensive program of social/cultural excursions and activities (optional); health insurance; international student ID card; T-shirt; full-time academic and administrative support, visa.
The fee does not include round-trip international airfare; passport; food; books and supplies; personal travel/activity/spending money; class-related performances and events.
Salary & Compensation
Note: Internship applicants must have an advanced level of proficiency in both Spanish comprehension and conversation. Total immersion in Spanish language and culture is part of the internship. Education Interns at the primary and middle school levels are not required to have a Spanish language background.
Competition for international internships is keen, as the sponsoring organizations are seeking highly capable interns. Only the most qualified candidates are selected. While we make every effort to find the best placement to match your academic and career goals, we cannot guarantee a specific placement. Placements are dependent upon your credentials, the availability of suitable positions, and a possible interview. When requesting a placement, students should carefully consider the commitment,maturity, level of responsibility, and qualifications required for an international internship. Please keep in mind students may be required to work during scheduled social/cultural events, including semester breaks. An internship is a serious commitment which, when accepted,must be fulfilled.
* Applicants must be full-time, degree-seeking students with at least a 3.0 GPA (3.5 for British Parliament and DLA Piper Rudnick Carey).
* Interns in Valencia and Panama must have a strong background in both Spanish comprehension and conversation.
* Personal qualities and recommendations are important.
Students who derive the most from professional internships are mature, self-motivated, reliable, friendly, attentive to details, flexible, intellectually curious, and have a strong initiative.
* Interns complete a mandatory internship orientation.
Credit Hours and Academic Requirements
* International Programs offers full-time internship placements during a semester, typically earning from 12-16 credit hours in fall and spring and from 6-12 credit hours in the summer.
* Academic requirements, including assignments during the internship, will be specified by your department, the instructor of record, and the International Programs Internship Coordinator. Students must meet their advisor and/or departmental intern coordinator or professors to obtain academic approval for their internship. Non-FSU students must obtain approval from their home school.
* Graduate-level internships are available. Prices may vary depending on the credits approved by the academic department. Contact the Internship Coordinator for more information.
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Physical Exam/Health Records