Vietnam: Ecology & Conservation
The Experiment in International Living participants with a local The Experiment in International Living participants with a local

Vietnam: Ecology & Conservation

Impressive Vietnam

The trip does a fantastic job of making you feel like you're actually living in the country and not just visiting. It's focus on ecology and conservation fits perfectly with the area and the different excursions that we went on during the trip. Leaders and staff based within Vietnam were extremely accomadating and were a wealth of information during our stay. I would definitely recommend this experience to others and I hope one day I can go back.

A season of growth

My summer in Vietnam with EIL was an absolutely amazing experience. I loved how EIL combines both social, cultural, and educational aspects of the country in all of their programs. I feel as though this was especially evident in my program, as we had many opportunities to interact with other people, whether it be local high school students, community members, or even each other. We also had quite a number of cultural exchanges integrated into our schedule, through dance, art, music, etc. The educational aspect was also strong, present almost everyday, since there was a new learning experience wherever we'd go, in the streets of Ho Chi Minh City, the lectures we attended, conversations we had, in our homestays, at our excursions. We learned not only about the Vietnamese efforts on climate change and conservation, but their history and the people in it played a big part as well. I definitely grew as a person and I couldn't be happier with the group that I had. I am so grateful for the experience given to me, the memories, and the friends I had made.

Impressive Vietnam!

I had a truly amazing time on the Vietnam: Ecology & Conservation journey.
In my opinion, the schedule had a perfect mix of structured time, personal time, and thematic focus-oriented work and learning. Each day had different activities to do, whether it be visiting farms or participating in a cultural exchange. We also were able to hang out with our group outside of the scheduled activities and take initiative to explore in group or plan our own events.
Our group did many things that one could only do with deep connections - such as visit a family and their home in the middle of a mangrove forest or practicing Zen meditation in the private section of a Buddhist monastery.
Although it is a bit scary to be in a foreign country, I felt very safe with the support from the Experiment. My group was amazing, my leaders were both very confident and experienced in travel, and there was a great staff in-country that we got to know well!
I would highly recommend this trip - I think about it every day and wish I was back!

Great experience

I did EILs Viet Nam study abroad program and absolutely loved it. I was nervous about leaving home for an entire month for the first time but it was definitely worth it. I ate delicious food, saw beautiful places, bonded with both of my homestay families, and made great friends within my group as well. It's really an experience to remember. It can be nerve wracking and it definitely takes some adjusting but once you get in the swing of things it's an adventure the whole way through. Dont get me wrong. it's hot. and culture shock is real. But, when you come back home you'll have amazing stories to tell and you may even find yourself missing it.