Tanzania: African Cultures & Landscapes
The Experiment in International Living participants with a local The Experiment in International Living participants with a local

Tanzania: African Cultures & Landscapes

Never to be forgotten

The trip to Tanzania was an amazing experience that I will always remember. The trip gave me sight into my future career of becoming an international English teacher. The time I spent teaching the students at the schools inspired me and gave me the little push to see that this is what i truly love doing. I made many connections on the trip that I will never forget, and I even got offered a internship there which I will definitely take up on in the up in coming years after college.

Go to Tanzania now!!!

I loved this whole trip and the people who experienced it with me. Everyone from my leaders, to my peers, and the people who were guiding us along the way. This trip was the best experience of my life so far. It was so beautiful and eyeopening.I bought back so much knowledge, built life-long bonds, faced fears, stepped out my comfort zone, and most of all had fun. I would definitely go back and do plan on going back and I hope next year’s group enjoys it as much as I did.

Tanzania Tanzania

My trip to Tanzania was unforgettable. I experienced many thing that I will remember for the rest of my life. I had many highlights throughout my trip but one of my favorite parts was staying with my home stay families. I love children and I got really close to my little sisters from the moment I met them. It was really hard to say goodbye to them. I'm thankful for my home stay families because they taught me a lot about there culture and traditions. I know I wouldn't have learned as much as what they have taught me, just by reading a textbook in a classroom. I got to experience there way of life and I stepped out of my comfort zone to do so. Another part I enjoyed from this trip was The safaris. I took many beautify pictures of the wild life animals. Spending a full day outside in the nature, looking at all the animals was just incredible. Overall my experience was amazing and I am so thankful to have been a part of the EIL 2017 Tanzania group.

An unforgettable summer

I'm not the most open person. I keep to myself. I'm not really a people person. I'm the quite kid in the back of the classroom that has his head stuffed in books about animals around the world. But being a part of the experiment opened my eyes in a way I thought I'd never be able to. I made new friends, met the most inspiring people in a place I never thought possible. I honestly choose this program because I wanted to see exotic African wild life. I did have that experience but the best part of the Experiment was getting unbelievably close to my group. Being to open up and not just be some tourist but actually be welcomed into the homes and be part of the local community. They accepted us and included each and everyone of us. We formed bonds that will be part of us for the rest of our lives. I'm so glad I didn't let my fear the unknown if I'd have fun hold me back. Because I in fact did have a lot fun and an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Tanzania: language and cultural discovery

This past summer I went on a five week trip to Tanzania with eleven other students I had never met before and it was an invaluable experience. This trip was focused on language and cultural discovery so we would have daily Swahili lessons and were always learning about the new areas we traveled to. As a group we really clicked right away, none of us knew each other before but when you are with new people in a new place it is very easy to relate and connect. Our two group leaders also really helped with bonding and debriefing after days filled with excitement, we would talk about questions we might have about this new place, or funny stories that happened from the day. Our group was filled of many different personalities but we were able to connect and relate. One of my favorite parts of the trip was the homestay, we got to stay in a small coastal village with a family, we ate meals together and would spend whole days without seeing the other group members. At first this was scary, having to be with a family that didn’t know English very well and I didn’t know their language very well wither but it ended up being the best and most memorable experience. We saw elephants, beautiful mountains, artwork, performances, this trip was just filled with so many learning experiences and amazing things. The Experiment really focuses on being students and not tourists and I really enjoyed that aspect, we weren’t standing on the sidelines observing, we were relating, getting involved, and asking questions about the real culture.