Spain: Technology & Innovation in Urban Culture
The Experiment in International Living participants with a local The Experiment in International Living participants with a local

Spain: Technology & Innovation in Urban Culture

The best summer ever

On this program we learned a lot about different cities in Spain and what changes they have been through and are currently going through. From this information, we brainstormed and came up with many ideas on how we change these cities for the better. On projects we used 3-D printers, laser cutters, models, etc. We also had tons of fun throughout the trip too. We did things such as travel to beaches, bike rides, tours around the city, to staying up late playing cards with each other, and etc. Over all this trip was amazing and it's the people that I met that made this trip so amazing.

Eye opening

This was an experience I will never forget forget. It taught me to go out of my comfort zone and try new and crazy things, but it also taught me to be humble and not forget what my up bringing has taught me and to see life from other peoples perspectives as well

• Personal Development

A decision you won't regret

This program was an amazing opportunity to both discover and understand an urban culture that is very different from what you're used to. You'll be able to design and create your own 3D models using 3D printers and laser cutters, while simultaneously learning about tourism and it's effects to urban designs.

An unforgettable experience

My time in Spain has made it the most memorable summer I have had so far. I worked with 3D Printers and laser-cutting technology. It was also very eyeopening to witness the effects of tourism, which are often overlooked. My homestay experience immersed me into the local culture. Overall, I cannot wait to study abroad in college.

My awesome summer in Spain

Reflecting from my whole experience, I realize how vital it is to visit different countries. The culture, lifestyle, history, and language made me appreciate Spain and life outside of the US. When the trip was over, I told my family that I wasn’t ready to leave yet. I miss siesta, my host mother’s seafood and chicken paella, strolling through Las Ramblas in the middle of the night with my friends who I’m still in contact with, and my group dinners where we were always laughing. These moments shaped and made a stressful year into one of my most memorable. This trip inspires me to continue learning Spanish and to take advantage of the study abroad opportunities in college. I was also thinking about pursuing a career where I get to travel to different countries. Even though I dislike long flights, I love being exposed to new cultures and meeting people. My goal for this trip was to find myself and have fun, and this experience exceeded my expectations.

Once in a lifetime

The experiment is a great program for student to be apart of. When I was in Spain I was able to learn about the culture and visit important sites, while still being able to pursue my interest of technology and urban development. My group was able to create a model, using 3D printing and laser cutting, to help develop a new park in Madrid. In Valencia we helped promote bicycle riding and bike lanes. Lastly in Mallorca we helped paint a wall to bring color to the area. Through the experiment I have made many relationships and I was able to immerse myself into cultures outside my own. The experiment really gave me an amazing opportunity and I highly recommend others to take part in this program.