Japan: Japanimation - Anime & Manga
The Experiment in International Living participants with a local The Experiment in International Living participants with a local

Japan: Japanimation - Anime & Manga

• Personal Development

A culturally enlightening and overall amazing experience

This program, Japanimation: Anime & Manga was an unforgettable experience in which one can explore the culture and language of Japan, while also exploring and reflecting on yourself.
I had felt extremely safe during the trip and my leaders were exceedingly helpful, whether pointing your group towards a point of interest or giving insight into adapting into the culture. There were several oppertunities and activities which encourage one to work outside their comfort zone that had created a sense of a wonderful and inviting community. This program had also aided in the development of my own leadership skills as well as providing encouragement to work outside my comfort zone more offen. There were also a variety of other things to do other than animation and manga such as admiring Japan's natural beauty, plentiful cafés, and Arcades. This program had become an unforgettable experience to me as I look forward to going abroad with The Experiment again.

Japan

My experience living in japan was amazing. My animation got along with each other pretty well. The food over there was delicious! The architecture were outstanding. The program was great because of my leaders in my group. They made sure we were safe. They made each day of our trip fun! One thing to prepare for this trip is being out your comfort zone. At one point you will taking bath in a public bath. Also, you will be walking a lot. I got to learn more about the language and culture. The animation classes were super exciting. Looking at your drawing skills improving gives you a great excitement. My homestay family was amazing. I got to participate in the shrine festival and walked around the forest with the family. Overall this trip is 100 percent worth it and safe.

Japan was lit fam

Everyone in my group, including myself, really enjoyed their time in Japan. We got along fairly quickly and learned and did so much in such a short time. We were going somewhere different just about every day. There was a lot of walking, bootleg Japanese language and gestures and trying to find wifi at seven eleven's. It was a lot of fun and I would recommend this program to just about any human being anywhere.