Ireland : Irish Culture & Leadership Development
The Experiment in International Living participants with a local The Experiment in International Living participants with a local

Ireland : Irish Culture & Leadership Development

Irish culture and tradition

I learned that Irish Culture is very strange and it is also very educational. The Irish have created many things. They have created River-dance, Gallic Soccer, Rugby, Hurling, the Bagpipe, and the Harp. The Irish believe in many things, such as Fairies, Banshees, Evil Spirits, and they are Split between Being Catholic And Protestants.

Amazing experience traveling to Ireland

Traveling to Ireland was a life changing experience. It's one thing reading and learning about Irish culture, but going through the experience yourself is truly amazing. The part of the program in which you learn most yourself is the homestay. During the homestay you get to spend a few days with your host family and get a sense of the daily life of an Irish family. You learn more about their customs and culture through their amazing food and getting to know them on a personal level. Another highlight of the program in Ireland is the leadership conference. While you attend the conference in Maynooth University, you get to meet Irish kids that come from all over the country. You make new friends, while developing and putting to practice your leadership skills. The workshops are fun and change the way you view yourself. Overall, you are constantly being pushed out of your comfort zone, so if you want to get the most out of the experience you should ALWAYS step out of your comfort zone. In all, this was a great summer for me and I am glad I was able to be part of this program. If I could go back I would without any doubts!

Great!

I learned a lot from being in Ireland in three weeks. Not only was I able to learn a lot about myself but if not what a leader is and the importance of being one. I was also able to do things I did not think I would do before which is pretty cool. Honestly I had an amazing time and I wish I could go back!