TEAN: University of Wollongong
TEAN TEAN

TEAN: University of Wollongong

When can I return

When I look back on my life choices so far, choosing to study abroad with TEAN in Wollongong will be one of the best I have ever made. This program had the perfect balance of adventure and education; within the first week we had an amazing lecture on what to expect in Australia( along with a fantastic Aussie lingo course) and got to dive the Great barrier reef and explore the rainforest. When I lived in Wollongong for the semester, the TEAN staff organized great events and loved hearing about the trips we were doing on our own. They provided me with a stable support system I knew I could contact if I needed help or just some travel advice. The program in Wollongong has opened so many new doors for me, it allowed me to become more confident in my field of studies and more adventurous as a person. If you're looking for the semester of a lifetime filled to the brim with adventure, this is the program for you.

TEAN Wollongong: the ultimate immersion experience

TEAN allowed for such a smooth transition from my home university to the University of Wollongong. From the application process, to orientation, to my pre-semester excursion in Cairns, and finally to Wollongong I was able to just have fun while they helped out with the rest. The orientation was set up in such a way that I felt really immersed in the Australian culture from the very beginning which made making all of my Australian friends that much easier. During my stay in the Gong I lived at Weeroona College, which I would highly recommend when choosing a dorm. Everyone is so friendly and there are so many Australians that making friends with the locals is super easy. I still catch myself using their slang even 3 months after leaving. The TEAN local staff member in charge of Wollongong was also able to host a lot of exciting events throughout the semester. This allowed a chance to continually check-in with the program, and participate in incredible excursions such as surfing at Bondi Beach or catching a local Rugby game. I can honestly go on and on about how amazing my experience was in Australia, and I definitely have TEAN to thank for that!

An Adventure I'll Never Forget

Going abroad was the best opportunity I have ever had and one of the best experiences. I have gained so much from studying abroad in Australia. The Education Abroad Network program gave me the opportunity to go on the greatest adventure with amazing people I met along the way. Being a photography major, this semester gave me the chance to open up to a new environment and explore my talents in a creative and adventurous way. Going abroad has changed my outlook on life and shown me what's important. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Wollongong 2013

The Cairns trip was the most memorable experience of the trip. Each day we had a new activity which brought the group closer together. The week was full of high adrenaline activities and non-stop excitement.

I chose TEAN because they were highly recommended and provided lots of help along the way, while including a comprehensive and immerse program.

I lived in Campus East housing at the University. The accommodations vary significantly throughout all University housing. Every area has its pros and cons, but overall the housing is quite good.

Gong Fall '13

The trip abroad began with a comprehensive orientation in Sydney where you are guided around the city by TEAN staff and you get to experience the country for the first time. It is a great way to learn about the city and get your first taste of the foreign culture. After the orientation I went of the TEAN Cairns Great Barrier Reef trip. It was the trip of a lifetime and allowed all of the students to engage in amazing activities every day while making new friends in the process. The University of Wollongong is a highly rated school with modern facilities and many great programs. The school is large and welcoming with great professors and staff. The proximity to Sydney is great and the train is just a few steps away from the housing area which makes traveling a breeze. The area is beautiful and you can get housing just a few minutes from the beach.