TEAN: Seoul - Korea University
TEAN TEAN

TEAN: Seoul - Korea University

Fall in Seoul

I'd never been to Asia before, and studying abroad in Seoul, South Korea was the perfect place to start! Not only was Korea University an incredible school (both beautiful and prestigious), but Seoul itself was lively, and the perfect mix of old culture and new experiences. The combination of wildly flavorful food, natural wonders, and shopping was amazing! Plus it was easy to do weekend trips to other countries as well!

TEAN made the experience so smooth by taking care of the logistics, and being great with their communication and transparency. I was able to reach out to the coordinators about anything and everything- from details about my visa and class registration, to suggestions of things to do like hikes and rice wine tasting. TEAN was also a great way to meet people, and do activities that would have been more difficult on my own, or that I would have overlooked. Overall, it was a life-changing experience!

The most wonderful time of my life

Everyone comes back from their study abroad experience saying that it changed their life, but trust me, it honestly will, and TEAN does everything in their power to help you have the best experience possible. Being in Seoul with TEAN was something that I recommend anyone looking at their program to do. They communicate well, and always keep you in the loop. If you have any questions, they're always quick to answer them, and that made my entire semester in Seoul easy. I was able to eat, explore, and experience everything I wanted to, plus now I hope to go back soon too. You'll meet lifelong friends and TEAN will help make your experience the best that it will be. If I go back to Korea then I would go with TEAN again and again a thousand times over.

Best semester of my life

As probably obvious from the title, my semester abroad in Seoul was the best semester of my life. I've been wanting to go back since before I left! TEAN was extremely helpful in the months before I arrived, helping with paperwork, registration, and applications. This let me get excited for my trip without too much stress about getting everything ready! When I finally arrived in Seoul, I had the best time eating to my heart's content, exploring all around the country, and meeting so many new people who helped me work on my Korean speaking skills. The food is amazing, and so cheap! There is so much variety just around Korea University alone, and many other neighborhoods that each have a unique atmosphere. Getting around Seoul is super convenient, and the subway system is easy to navigate. Beyond Seoul, there are buses and trains (or plane for Jeju Island) that can get you wherever you want to go. There are so many possibilities for weekend trips! It was amazing to interact with locals, and to get an idea of what life is like in different cities and towns around the country. Studies are important, but for me, what was more important was making the most out of my time there, and exploring as much as I could!

The most memorable five months of my college career

I’m very glad I decided to study abroad with TEAN at Korea University after exploring my options to go abroad. It was my first time abroad and both TEAN and Korea University were incredibly accommodating to the international students. It’s difficult to sum up five months worth of experiences but I can confidently say it was nothing short of incredible. During my time in South Korea I was able to explore many parts of the country, from the caves in the easternmost part of the country, to a weekend trip touring the natural parks in the southernmost part of the country. The food was an adventure in itself as I was able to experience the culture through the cuisine. The most meaningful parts of my semester were the memories created with the friends that I have made abroad. I’ll always appreciate that and I still keep in touch with them! I’m grateful to TEAN for giving me the opportunity to explore the country of my heritage while furthering my studies.

Once in a lifetime experience at Korea university

I absolutely loved South Korea and my experience working with TEAN. TEAN helped me organize everything I needed for my trip abroad as well as gave helpful tips on how to adapt to Korean culture. I've been interested in Korean culture and customs for a while prior to applying to this program and when I found out TEAN had a semester program for Seoul my mind was made up. Korea University is a vibrant campus that is welcoming to all it's students both local and international. I was set up with a group called KUBA (Korea University Buddy Assistants) along with other international students and they made me feel right at home. We went on trips and did fun activities within Seoul every weekend. We ate dinners and lunches together which made me feel as if we were one big family. I made so many life-long friends in this group. Seoul itself is an amazingly beautiful city with never ending activities going on. It's a mix of tradition and highly advanced technology. It is built on convenience especially when it comes to public transportation (best subway/bus system ever!). I made so many great memories in South Korea and leaving was honestly one of the hardest tasks I've had to do. I definitely plan on going back. It's all thanks to TEAN for giving me this wonderful opportunity and allowing me to experience a place I only dreamed of going to!