TEAN: Seoul - Korea University
TEAN TEAN

TEAN: Seoul - Korea University

The most memorable five months of my college career

I’m very glad I decided to study abroad with TEAN at Korea University after exploring my options to go abroad. It was my first time abroad and both TEAN and Korea University were incredibly accommodating to the international students. It’s difficult to sum up five months worth of experiences but I can confidently say it was nothing short of incredible. During my time in South Korea I was able to explore many parts of the country, from the caves in the easternmost part of the country, to a weekend trip touring the natural parks in the southernmost part of the country. The food was an adventure in itself as I was able to experience the culture through the cuisine. The most meaningful parts of my semester were the memories created with the friends that I have made abroad. I’ll always appreciate that and I still keep in touch with them! I’m grateful to TEAN for giving me the opportunity to explore the country of my heritage while furthering my studies.

Once in a lifetime experience at Korea university

I absolutely loved South Korea and my experience working with TEAN. TEAN helped me organize everything I needed for my trip abroad as well as gave helpful tips on how to adapt to Korean culture. I've been interested in Korean culture and customs for a while prior to applying to this program and when I found out TEAN had a semester program for Seoul my mind was made up. Korea University is a vibrant campus that is welcoming to all it's students both local and international. I was set up with a group called KUBA (Korea University Buddy Assistants) along with other international students and they made me feel right at home. We went on trips and did fun activities within Seoul every weekend. We ate dinners and lunches together which made me feel as if we were one big family. I made so many life-long friends in this group. Seoul itself is an amazingly beautiful city with never ending activities going on. It's a mix of tradition and highly advanced technology. It is built on convenience especially when it comes to public transportation (best subway/bus system ever!). I made so many great memories in South Korea and leaving was honestly one of the hardest tasks I've had to do. I definitely plan on going back. It's all thanks to TEAN for giving me this wonderful opportunity and allowing me to experience a place I only dreamed of going to!