TEAN: Palmerston North - Massey University
TEAN TEAN

TEAN: Palmerston North - Massey University

An Epic Middle-Earth Adventure!

TEAN was amazing! Both their state-side and in-country staff were extremely helpful and very kind. My semester abroad in New Zealand started off with a bang as TEAN offered a pre-semester trip to Fiji. The way that TEAN creates a group dynamic is incredible and before I knew it, everyone in my program became a lifelong friend. TEAN provided an incredible orientation session at the beginning of the semester and they even offered several excursions and group meet-ups throughout the semester. TEAN helped me make the most of my study abroad experience in New Zealand and I can honestly say that my entire experience would not have been anywhere near as exciting without them.

A Dream Come True - My Semester in New Zealand

TEAN was a great program to study abroad with. They were very informative and helpful with any and all of the questions that I had before, during, and after my abroad experience. TEAN is great at introducing the country and culture to the Students. TEAN staff is very caring and one of the best aspects of the program is that TEAN is very personal; they know who you are before you even meet them!

Interesting and diverse classes.

I felt extremely integrated with the local culture. Rather than staying in one specific area of New Zealand to learn about the culture, I chose to travel the country and explore what I like to call the greater 'country culture'. TEAN began our cultural immersion with amazing activities that involved a day partaking in outdoor adventure activities - Canyoning & Rugby on Piha Beach - and the other day with familiarizing the students with the local Maori culture.

TEAN's on-site staff was incredible! They had the perfect balance with staying in touch with students, as they were neither too over-bearing, nor impossible to contact. If needed, the staff was a simple text or phone call away. Other than that, they met up with us monthly to see how we were doing and discuss our trips, classes, and plans for the remainder of our time. Although they did give us our freedom in the country, they were always looking out for us; a perfect example, was my incident in Queenstown, New Zealand. I ended up dislocating my shoulder during my trip to Queenstown, and within 24 hours (me, still being slightly unaware of everything) I had on-site TEAN staff, along with US-based staff and even TEAN-staff in other countries send me emails, texts, and other notifications to see if I was okay and if I needed anything. The feeling I got from all those messages was incredible, it was nice to know that TEAN actually cared for my safety and well-being.

Amazing

The TEAN New Zealand programs are amazing. A pre-semester trip to Fiji, Spring Break options in Asia, and ever-present help if you need it- this program has it all. They help you with every step along the way from applying to choosing a location to housing and even an in-country orientation when you arrive. I had the time of my life when I went abroad with TEAN (to Massey University- Palmerston North). I would do it all again in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Since I don't, I highly encourage you to take advantage of the option instead.