TEAN: Christchurch - Lincoln University
TEAN TEAN

TEAN: Christchurch - Lincoln University

TEAN semester abroad in Christchurch New Zealand

My experience working with staff at the TEAN program was nothing short of awesome. Everyone at this organization is so well-versed in what they do and know such specific things about each program that their ability to help students is top-notch. Studying abroad is a pretty big decision and absolutely stressful when the process first begins. However, TEAN was so helpful and answered every single question I could muster up, and managed to get me excited about this amazing experience I was about to have. I would have to say my favorite thing was having an on-sight TEAN advisor. My advisor was actually born and raised in New Zealand and attending graduate school so she was super helpful when it came to travel advice in the area, any questions I ever had about the way their universities worked there, and even just what hikes she liked or coffee shop she recommended. I haven't stopped thinking about my semester abroad since I've come home, and it's been about a year now since I started the application process. I made life-long friends, which I was honestly super nervous about at first, but it was so easy. Every single student going through TEAN that I met at orientation was so excited to be there and so adventurous and accepting; we were all in the same boat, trying to meet people and have fun, so it was so easy to make friends. My friends that I met at Lincoln University are absolutely, without a doubt, life-long friends now. Living in an international section was probably the best decision I made because I got to meet people from literally all around the world. I was traveling the incredible and beautiful country of New Zealand with American, Norweigian, Dutch, German, Swedish, and Brazilian friends. Who could have even imagines that? It was so surreal, and I wish I could relive every single second of my semester in New Zealand. I always felt like I had a safety net with in-person help from TEAN as well as over the phone and online as well. They were always there in the background which was amazing, and I was still able to explore and travel and be adventurous without being held back. Overall, I would 110% recommend this program to anyone looking to get out there and adventure a little bit; you won't regret choosing this program!!

An Adventure in Mind.. and so much more!

Because I attend a small ag school in PA, our study abroad office is virtually non-existant, but thanks to a TEAN rep who visited campus, I became hooked on the idea of studying abroad in New Zealand. From the start, TEAN made the 'getting there' process fool-proof, with friendly staff on hand to cheerfully answer any and all questions and do everything they could to help get us there. Between phone calls and emails, I was soon underway, and my parents loved the value of the program and how easy the process was. TEAN handles everything from helping us book group flights to figuring everything out with our chosen Uni so everything is sorted upon our arrival. The pre-semester Fiji trip was absolutely unforgettable, and I will cherish the friends and memories I made there forever. Between the Aukland orientation and excursions throughout the semester, not only could TEAN students build lasting friendships with eachother, but also with the TEAN staff members, who were absolutely incredible people in every sense of the word. No matter what, they were only a phone call away to help us out with anything!

Lincoln is a smaller ag-based school, and I absolutely loved it. While not in the heart of Christchurch, it's just a bus ride away and I was happy to escape the chaos of the city for a different sort of experience. Living on Farm Road was the best decision I made, most of my friends being kiwis or other international students from all over the world. If you're interested in anything ag, environment, or anything at all, Lincoln could be the place for you, and I would recommend TEAN to get you there; it was the best decision I could have possibly made when I chose to go abroad.