Hawksbill Conservation Volunteer Program in Nicaragua and El Salvador
El Salvador: Usulutan
- Animal Welfare
- Biological Research
- Community Development
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
1 week 280 USD, 2 weeks 525 USD, 3 weeks 750 USD, 1 month 950 USD
- Pre-departure orientation and information package.
- Welcome meeting and arrival orientation at the project office.
- Three full meals a day
- In-country orientation and training course on sea turtles by long term experienced staff
- In-country team & 24 hour emergency support
- Registration fee
- Guest House
- Physically in good condition
- Minimum age of 18
- Travel & Medical insurance
- Being able to work in remote areas under basic conditions
- Available to volunteer for at least 1 week
- Know some basic Spanish or English
Applicants are not required to have prior experience working with sea turtles. During the first days of your stay, you will receive a full training in biology of sea turtles and field methodology. We are looking for people who are self-motivated, conservation-minded, and who are able to get along well with others. A positive and hard-working attitude and a love for the outdoors are a must. Any health problem must be communicated before making the application.
- Written Application