TEFL Zorritos, Peru
TEFL Zorritos Header Image TEFL Zorritos Header Image

TEFL Zorritos, Peru

Confidence & knowledge

The small group size was a main reason for picking TEFL Zorritos in the first place. I like that we are all like a little family leaving this course; it was very personal and we got more hands-on teaching experience because the class size was so much smaller.
The teaching practice classes were extremely valuable. At first the thought of teaching terrified me, but by my 10th class I wasn’t even nervous and was actually excited about the lessons I was planning. I think it was a good amount of teaching practice.
Ellie’s an amazing trainer. Her experience in a variety of different teaching environments gave good insight as to what to expect after the course as well. Having her teach from experience is very valuable.
I would not have the confidence to even think of teaching without this TEFL course. Before the course I had no idea what I was doing and it would have been disrespectful to the students to teach them in that state. The TEFL course gave me the confidence and the knowledge I need going forwards.

A great month

Ellie was great! She was very knowledgeable and made the course interesting and fun. She created a supportive learning environment and her own experiences in teaching added valuable insight into what we might come across after the course.
The practice classes were very useful in giving an insight into what we could come across with a great variety of ages, levels and sizes. It seemed like a daunting task at first but I think we were given a good amount of support to be able to learn from the experience and successfully reach our goals. In the time of four weeks I think 10 hours was a good amount.
Really enjoyed being in the small group. It felt like we got a lot of one on one feedback and support which was great.
It was great month; I learnt a lot and really enjoyed getting to meet Ellie, Adan and the rest of the group doing the course.

• Course Instructor

Teaching classes were the best part

The teaching classes were the best part of the course. They were extremely helpful in the learning process and made me feel a lot more confident in teaching. I learned how to build a lesson plan and how to give a successful lesson. I think the amount was perfect. Ellie was WONDERFUL. She was super excited about teaching the course, and this really carried over into the lessons. I really hope she continues with teaching these courses for as long as possible - she’s obviously really good at what she does and is super inspiring.

• Course Instructor

Change of career & a different future

A great and challenging course in a wonderful location, was even better than I had hoped. I went in with a lot of doubts as hadn't studied for quite some time, it’s given me the confidence for a change of career and a different future.

An Awakening Experience

Every day proved to be an awakening experience. I kept saying (to myself), how in the world does our trainer gather such a firm foundation in the knowledge that she is bringing to the class? The delivery of the material was very engaging . . . and her energy was like “the Energizer bunny” – never ending!
The practice teaching classes made the class gel into a unified product. The 10-hours was just right as this allowed for a building of the necessary skills in developing lesson plans, working on classroom organization skills, and working with various levels of students under constantly changing situations.
I am very thankful for this experience. The trainer brought a group of individuals unrelated in many ways into a group of cohesiveness that was able to produce a quality product (TESOL) in 4-weeks.

An incredible course

I think I could of given teaching a go without having completed this TEFL course, although not with confidence and structured lesson planning that I have now. The practice classes were the best hands on experience for preparing you to be a teacher, I learnt how to properly engage with the students and read their expressions on successful an activity was. I think it was a good length of time, more experience is always the better.
Our TEFL trainer was amazing, passionate, pretty on the eye, assertive, and very professional.
Being in a small group was a nice experience and it meant we all got the help that we needed, I think that in a group of 20 you could easily get lost in the crowd.
The location at Sunset Club was one of the most amazing qualities of this course, the best classroom I have ever had.
Overall it was an incredible course, an amazing accomplishment for it to be over and I am excited to take these skills out into the big bad world!

A wonderful program

My practice teaching classes were very useful, and practical. I learned about what different levels of English learners sound like and this is helpful for me going into teaching on my own. I think 10 hours is just the right amount of teaching practice. I learned how to design a lesson plan from scratch and how to hit the target of 70% STT and 30% TTT, which I think is extremely useful for being a better teacher. I am incredibly happy I chose this program for many reasons, but specifically because of the practice teaching that I had.
Ellie is incredibly knowledgeable about the subject of TEFL and Grammar. She delivered the course materials in an engaging manner, and she ensured we understood. The pace of each lesson was good, and she managed to cover a lot of material in a very organized way. She truly cared.
I am very happy I had a small group. Six people was a good amount for peer teaching, and pair work. I felt like a real person in the class, and that my opinions were heard, and that I mattered.
I do think I would have been able to teach English without this course as I have some experience with EAL and an EAL specialization from my Education Program. However, I would not have been near as knowledgeable about the grammar, concept checking, STT and TTT. Therefore, I would not have been as well rounded and able to teach effectively.

A Very Casual & Positive Environment

I really liked our small group. We had the opportunity to learn from each other, but it was small enough that we could ask lots of questions. I thoroughly enjoyed my course here in Zorritos. I learned everything that I hoped to and more. I can't think of a better location to take a month long intensive course than right on the beach. It was a very casual and positive environment to learn in. I feel confident and prepared after completing this course.

Keep Up The Good Work

I think I would have been able to teach (without having completed this TEFL course), however I wouldn’t be very focused or know what I am doing. Creating the lesson plans has been a great learning experience. The practice teaching classes were the most useful part of the course. I learned a lot of lesson planning, time management, and thinking out of the box from the practice classes. I feel 10 hours is a good amount of time. Anything more might be too much. I feel the 10 hours prepared me well. The trainer was very well prepared and it was obvious they were very knowledgeable and experienced with the material. The delivery was very easily understood and interesting. Having only 4 trainees was great! I feel I got lots of personal attention from the trainer because of the small group. With only a couple other trainees we were able to get to know each other better and develop more trust.
Awesome location. I wish it was closer to Zorritos to eat at night etc. however I love the Sunset Club! It’s a very relaxing location and allowed to me focus on my learning. My room was nice, more than adequate for the month. So great to have an ocean view! Love the access to pool, beach, ping pong etc.
I really enjoyed my time at TEFL Zorritos. The instructor was awesome and went above and beyond her duties to help us all. I think the location was great to take the course. I feel extremely prepared to teach because of our ten hours of teaching experience from the course. I really had a wonderful time. Ellie has been such a great resource for so many different things. Keep up the good work.

A Wonderful Setting

My classes were very helpful. I have taught in the past, but not as organized. I learned how to properly organize a class. This was the perfect amount of practice. I felt challenged, but sometimes that is what's needed. Ellie is a pleasure to be around, and very competent. On top of this, she is a big help with things that pop up outside of class. She is always willing to help. As for delivery, she was always prepared and stayed on track. I much prefer a small group. When there are many students, you don't receive as much individualized attention. Sunset Club is a very wonderful setting. It made coming to class a pleasure. My hosts were very nice to me. The bungalow was kept clean and provided with everything I needed. My experiences here in Zorritos have been wonderful. I can't think of a better environment in which to take a class. Ellie is a fantastic teacher. She has a lot of patience with us! Overall, I feel that I have learned a lot this month.

A Good Gateway Experience To Working & Living Abroad

I was very happy with the cost and experience. Ellie is professional but also goes above and beyond with assisting in all matters. I thought she would balk when I first mentioned that my whole family was coming along. I was very grateful for her acceptance and over the top help with finding just the right place. I also appreciated the choices she provided. I in no way felt it was her obligation so I was thrilled with the very personalized service. We all bonded with Karen and Flavio. The young dog running around was fine for us even nice but I imagine not for everyone. I think Ellie is very talented and running a very professional operation with a personal touch. I really applaud the whole experience and her efforts. I was thrilled with the TEFL Zorritos experience, I think that this is a really good "gateway" experience for anyone interested in working and living abroad.

So Thankful For The Education I've Received

The practice teaching classes were essential to my understanding. Working with local ESL students provided the realistic classroom experience that took my learning to a new level. I not only had a chance to practice my teaching skills, but to work with students of different levels. I believe that you can never practice too much, but what practice I had was enough to feel confident in my ability.
Ellie was wonderful. Her wealth of knowledge and effortless instructional style made the course informative and enjoyable. Her kind and gentle manner are both reassuring and comforting.
I couldn’t imagine taking this course with 10-20 people. I wouldn’t have gotten enough Ellie time. The personalized instruction that results from the small group is so much more helpful.
I would have been able to teach English without having completed this course. I considered it. I’m glad that I didn’t, because it would have been quite a struggle to navigate the unknown world of TEFL without the understanding that I currently possess. I am so thankful for the education that I’ve received as I venture off to the real world.

I would recommend TEFL Zorritos to anyone

I have looked at other English teaching classes and this one was the one that looked and sounded the best. I would recommend TEFL Zorritos to anyone interested in teaching English as a foreign language. The practice teaching was invaluable, the students were non-English speakers and it gave me real world experience. I learned to not have a pre-conceived thought of what the class would or should be but to be able to adjust the lesson to the needs of the class at the time of the class.
Ellie was an excellent trainer. She is very knowledgeable and clearly passionate about teaching. She explained grammar points well and was great at modeling how our teaching roles should be done.
The class I was in was only 4 students. I liked the small size it was a more intimate process of learning.
I don’t think I would have even tried to teach English without this course. I would not have had the ability to explain the grammar point. I would not have been able to experience teaching non English speakers and would not have any idea how to.

Absolutely Amazing!

Our TEFL trainer Ellie was absolutely amazing!!!! I am in amazement of her professionalism and ability to deal with difficult people. She is very knowledgeable of the information, and her delivery was very smooth, organized, and simplified enough for laymen to comprehend.
The teaching practice classes were very useful. The challenges and unexpected situations, such as maintaining peer relationships with difficult personalities, all build experience. The 10 hours was a good introduction. I tend to over-plan, so more practice teaching would be nice, but I couldn't imagine fitting more into the time allotted during this accelerated program. 3 hours per week, was plenty.
I wouldn't have been able to teach English without completing this course. It would be like trying to drive a car without ever seeing someone drive nor ever having been inside a car before. TEFL Zorritos gave me the building blocks of a foundation to teach a foreign language to non-English speakers.
Lunch was always delicious. Sunset was very accommodating for my dietary needs (gluten allergy). Trying to organize my own lunch would've only taken away from time to relax after eating & added stress of watching the clock and trying to get back to class on time. A prepared lunch and one hour break works well together.
And a beautiful location!!! The employees (Oscar, Juan, Cesar, etc.) are all amazing people!!!

An Amazing Time

The practice teaching classes were a great way of getting some experience and a grasp of what to expect in the future. After 10 hours of practice teaching, I feel more confident and adapt to handle classroom issues and common pitfalls that a teacher might face. 10 hours of teaching practice was perfect.
Ellie was a wonderful and passionate teacher. She showed professionalism and experience throughout the course. If I were to retake the course, I will choose a similar class size. The individual attention and feedback made the experience enjoyable and effective.
I had an amazing time and will recommend to all friends.

I LOVED IT!

The practice classes were enriching and lovely, once I was in the teaching role with the
students. The lesson planning was the hardest part, and required the most
concentration and effort. I feel the amount of practice teaching was just right, although
more is always merrier, I can't imagine feeling prepared with any less. I was able to
practice techniques of classroom management, such as working with diverse student
abilities and learning styles. I also gained experienced with adjusting my lesson plan on
the fly, adapting to less students than anticipated and late students arriving which
boosted my class attendance from one to seven.
Ellie is an amazing resource of TEFL wisdom and real-world experience. She has
infectiously high energy, which was very welcomed especially after three nights of
practice classes in a row. Her board-work was very clear and easy to follow, and she
always allowed us time to write it all in our notebooks or take photos of the board for
later studying. She mixed up the day so nicely, ensuring we had activities between
longer grammar lessons. Her relentless assistance and availability while we planned our
lessons was invaluable, and no matter how stressed we seemed to be, she always took
the time to nudge us back on track and encourage us to not give up.
I honestly can't imagine completing a TEFL course with more than 8 students. With 4, we
had the opportunity for detailed feedback from Ellie and personal attention, which as a
middle-aged adult I really appreciated. We got to know each other's learning and
teaching styles, allowing us to utilize strengths and help each other out. With a smaller
trainee group, we were able to get all of our individual questions answered, and had
access to Ellie when we needed her. I believe smaller groups of trainees make for a much
better experience as a learner, and produce a higher quality of TEFL teacher.
A LOVELY location... Being able to walk on the beach at lunch time to let off some stress
and steam was amazing. The weather, breeze, and sunshine made learning enjoyable.
The WIFI was fast and reliable, and the food for lunch was hefty and delicious! Everyone
who worked at Sunset was lovely to speak with as well.
I just have to say THANK YOU to Ellie, all our lovely students, Oscar and his family at
Sunset Club, Cleo and Willy at Casa Kresala, and everyone in Zorritos for taking such
good care of us as we adjust to life in Peru! I am so happy we chose TEFL Zorritos over
any online or course elsewhere...

Perfect!

It was all perfect. All the classes helped me to find my voice. I got better with every class. I learned that I am and forever could be an English teacher. Thank you for this key to the doorway of the world. This was definitely the way to get my TEFL certificate.
I give the course location at Sunset club a 10! Educational on all levels! What better way to train students to be living in another country.
Ellie kicked ass in all departments and still managed to take care of us like we were her children. I would recommend Ellie’s course and location to the world. If you need a TEFL, come to Zorritos to get it!

Such a Great Course!

This was such a great course. I can’t recommend it highly enough!
Ellie is a fantastic trainer. Her exceptional knowledge of teaching methodology will be amply apparent to you after your first day of class. Ellie has both the know-how and the patience and ability to deliver said know-how in a very clear way. She was always willing to give us an extraordinary level of individual help and attention. Ellie seems to have the valuable, and certainly uncommon, ability to elicit the best in her students. She helped us to developing teaching strategies that utilize each of our unique abilities and interests. I certainly didn’t expect myself to feel this confident in my teaching ability after just four short weeks. I cannot recommend Ellie’s course highly enough! ...and, no, she didn’t pay me to write that.
I think that without this course, I would have been able to teach English...poorly. The
observed practice teaching combined with the grammatical explanations were very helpful. The practice teaching classes were invaluable. I can’t imagine entering a TEFL classroom for the first time without having had this experience. The first week’s segment on teaching theory and other practical knowledge left us well prepared to take on our first lesson, although Ellie certainly provided us with a good deal of help in lesson planning to get us on our feet. The feedback we received after each lesson from Ellie and Barbara was extremely helpful. I thought the structure of the course in regard to practice teaching was excellent. We were “weaned off” of our aid from Ellie at an appropriate pace, and I now feel well prepared to dive into the wide world of teaching English abroad. The fact that we taught real, local students with a variety of ability levels was unbelievably helpful. If a TEFL course doesn’t offer teaching experience with real, non-English-speaking students, don’t take it!
I'm very happy with my experience! It was a great course and I feel very well-prepared to enter the TEFL world.

Do it!

If you want to teach TEFL in South America (especially in Peru), take this course. Ellie’s the best. Zorritos and Sunset Club are the perfect locations for an intensive, one-month program. The teaching practice is invaluable. Do it. Seriously, do it!
The practice teaching classes were incredibly useful. I had no idea what to expect, when it came to teaching language-learners, but practice teaching gave me the training and preparation to excel in my future TEFL career. The 10 hours of practice teaching was the perfect amount.
I cannot imagine a better TEFL trainer than Ellie. She’s vastly knowledgeable, totally approachable, forever patient, and an all-around lovely person. She makes the TEFL Zorritos experience, and, because of her, I would recommend the course to anyone.
Yeah, sure, I could have gotten a gig and taught—in the long term—effectively, but this TEFL course provided me with the experience and opportunity to excel in teaching English right off the bat. Certainly, it’s been worth the time and money.
Sunset Club has been downright majestic! The staff and facilities are first class. And if you find yourself with a case of the Peru Belly, just holler at Juan and he’ll hook you up with a coconut, right off the palm tree, baby!

A Great Experience

Ellie is absolutely fantastic. I could not imagine doing this course with another teacher. Ellie is one of the best teachers I have ever had and never once did I question her knowledge.
I do think it would be possible to teach without a TEFL course, however I personally would not want to do it. My confidence is through the roof right now and that is due to TEFL.
Sunset Club was extremely relaxing and made for a great learning environment. The staff was very kind to us and quickly became our friends. The rooms and facilities were very nice as well.
I had a great experience and would not have changed a thing.

An Incredible Program

Practice teaching is what makes a TEFL course relevant. You can sit in a classroom and learn teaching methodologies but until you are given an opportunity to implement them, it means nothing. I learned how to be confident in front of students, how to engage students of all abilities and how to deliver content accurately and insightfully. The practice teaching was as useful as an ax in the forest.
I’ve taught a number of private lessons informally to interested individuals in the past, but now I have the base to bring formality to these lessons. I could have taught English without this course, but now I KNOW how to teach English.
Ellie is one of the most professional, personable and dedicated teachers I have ever interacted with. She was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
The course location at Sunset Club was the best classroom in the world. An hour at lunch to swim in the ocean.
Thanks for helping me finish university! You can guarantee my positive solicitation of your program back in the United States. Incredible program overall and the cultural experience is worth every minute.

A Phenomenal TEFL Course

TEFL Zorritos was phenomenal, I could not have asked for more. Ellie, my instructor, absolutely went above and beyond the call of duty in every way and provided an incredibly satisfying and comprehensive course. I wholeheartedly recommend this program to any and all who are interested.
The practice teaching classes were incredibly useful, particularly considering the fact that we were teaching non-native speakers. The amount of time devoted to practice teaching and preparation seemed completely appropriate.
I absolutely would not have been able to teach English without having completed this TEFL course. I would have had no idea where to start. With the knowledge gained in this TEFL course, I feel much more confident that I will be able to conduct an ordered, logical, and worthwhile class in a classroom in the future.
The course location at Sunset Club was nothin’ but a little slice of paradise.

Very Hhelpful

Classes were very helpful. I learned how to change my approach with different ages and different levels. I learned the importance of both lesson planning and thinking on my feet when teaching. Some activities might be beautiful, but if the class is not catching on, it might be time to move on to something else. I think it was a nice amount of practice teaching, anymore might have been too much as the planning took up so much of our time.
I loved the small group as it was possible to get any individual attention needed. It also felt intimate and safe for all.
I would not have been comfortable teaching English without the course. I might have been able to stumble through it, but I am not comfortable delivering any form of work without being qualified. I certainly needed the grammar review, the practice planning, and teaching in order to feel confident in delivering quality lessons.

Extremely beneficial

The practice teaching classes were extremely beneficial, covering a range of student ages and abilities. It was a great way to build confidence in both lesson planning and delivering.
Our TEFL trainer was very knowledgeable and her presentation, delivery and additional course material and relevant articles was great
I liked the idea of a small class size as it allowed for more individual attention and group discussion.
Overall I really enjoyed the course, and the month was a nice time to somewhat assimilate and experience the culture under the umbrella of routine and familiar faces each day.

Equal attention for everyone

It was refreshing to have a small group to interact with as it felt less pressured. Every trainee was given equal attention - which doesn’t happen in large groups.
I don’t think I would have been well equipped to teach English to locals without having completed this TEFL course. The TEFL course was hands on and the practice teaching sessions really exposed me to the real world of teaching.
The course and location were perfect. Keep up the good work.