Teach English in Vietnam - TEFL course and Job Guarantee!
TEFL Heaven participants TEFL Heaven participants

Teach English in Vietnam - TEFL course and Job Guarantee!

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Apply now, you won't regret it :)

I had always dreamt of teaching abroad... not sure if this doesn't sound a little cliché? But as life happens I didn't get the chance until I was 33, I was a little concerned about the age thing but as it turns out I had nothing to worry about. From the first meeting with my class mates I felt comfortable and welcome. The students on my course were of all ages and from all over the world & best of all the mostly friendly, funny and helpful bunch of people I had the pleasure to study & become friends with! Four months down the line and we still keep in touch and I look forward to seeing them when I go back to HCMC.
The itself was also good, it taught me well in the four weeks how to manage a class room and lesson plans as I had previously had no experience of doing this, our teachers were knowledgable and fun. In the second week I found myself teaching a class with an assistant observing and although this was daunting I felt prepared from the information i had been given.
I am now working in Ha Long City, which is beautiful. The Peter the owner suggested it after hearing that I wanted to work in the North of the country and they were able to get me an interview and within 8 days of finishing my course I had a job. This is a great course and I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of coming to Vietnam. Vietnam is beautiful, the Vietnamese people are so friendly and helpful, the food is fab and your money goes a very long way here!

TEFL course in Vietnam

A great course and a great experience!
The course is very well structured with a good balance of theory and practice. Lessons are delivered in a very fun and supportive way, and are very practical. You also get hands on experience of teaching students of different ages and abilities.
Greatly enjoyed the course. Trainers and support staff are very good and very helpful with everything you need to start off your TEFL journey.
Highly recommend the course!

Overall a quality experience

Everybody answered my questions very promptly and was very friendly. I would have liked a little more transparency and accuracy of information when it came to actually living in Vietnam and taking the course but everything still managed to work out just fine. The course instructor was great and the practical, hands-on experience in the classroom was extremely helpful. The curriculum covered a variety of topics which related to learning and teaching ESL. The one thing I would advise prospective students of this course is to save a lot of money before coming over! While they do provide job-search guidance, employment probably won't be instantaneous.

• Course Instructor

Best decision I ever made!

I started my TEFL course in Vietnam in November 2016 and I loved it. It was intense but the course is progressive so you build upon your teaching skills over the course of the weeks - from observing a real life class to finally teaching one alone! By the end of the course, I was confident enough to teach in local schools - even though I came from an office job and had never taught before! The programme is very supportive and will provide assistance for anything - from finding a doctor to getting your laundry done! Now I've moved out of that district, I do miss the life I had when I was doing my course which included a morning smoothie from the local vendor which cost 70p as well as the best beer bar which sold a glass of beer for around 15p!

I am now living in Ho Chi Minh city and got a job within 2 weeks of finishing the course in one of the largest language schools in the city (it would have been sooner but I went travelling for a week!) and I am now settled in the way of life here. I have my own apartment for around £270 per month with a salary of around £1600 per month with the potential to work more hours if I choose! Ho Chi Minh has many districts which can cater for whatever experience you want from Vietnam and that doesn't include all the nearby rural areas that are desperate for teachers if you don't like the city life!

It has been an incredible experience and the people I met on the course has meant that I have made life long friends with a similiar mindset, which I love. I was also given the opportunity to meet the students on the course after mine and so I now have a large network of people who have become like my family!

It still doesn't feel real to me that I'm actually a teacher now and I don't regret moving to Vietnam from my previous life at all. It has been the best decision I ever made.

TEFL heaven Vietnam

Overall i enjoyed my month on the course. The practical teaching practices were the most helpful thing about this course, especially the opportunity to teach a range of ages. I completed the course feeling ready and prepared to teach and Jane was amazingly helpful with finding us work. I felt as if there could have been more focus on grammar - at least one thorough session and also more guidance with the essays - i know a lot of people on the course struggled. Although i understand confidence to present in front of a class is vital to teaching (and this was helpful during the our time in the classroom) I feel there was a little too much focus on sometimes irrelevant topics and important things (grammar, essay assistance) were skimmed over. Maybe this could be better balanced.

• Course Instructor

Doing a TEFL in your host country is a smart move!

I really enjoyed my course for many reasons but the main reasons are as follows:

1) The course offered teaching practice hours which really built my confidence as a teacher. After completing the course, I was able to jump right into teaching English. I had a wealth of knowledge under my belt and the practice behind me to feel prepared for this job.

2) Doing a TEFL course in my host country was an amazing thing to do and I'm so happy I did. Some people choose to study TEFL at home or online, but I think doing it in Vietnam was awesome because it really helped me to adjust to the new culture while surrounded by people who were going through the same thing. When I first arrived to do my course I was so overwhelmed, and I came out of it feeling ready to take on the world! The TEFL world, that is.

Would recommend

This course provided loads of pre-arrival information, which was really useful when undergoing an obviously daunting transition. The accommodation provided was to an excellent standard - either shared houses with course mates, or really high quality hotels. The course instructors were excellent and set you up with everything you need to head out and start teaching. There were people on the course of varying ages and experience who all gained something from the course. Everyone was very helpful, and I found a job in two weeks. I'm really glad I did it and love my new job here!