Teach English in Vietnam - TEFL course and Job Guarantee!
TEFL Heaven participants TEFL Heaven participants

Teach English in Vietnam - TEFL course and Job Guarantee!

• Published Content

TEFL Heaven was a great way to earn my TEFL certificate

I used TEFL Heaven to earn my TESOL Certificate in Vietnam. The pre-departure guidance was amazing. They helped to answer all my questions about the program, life in Vietnam, and the job process after the program is over. The program itself was very informational. It teaches you a lot about creating lesson plans and classroom management in four weeks. On my second day of the program, I was already in a classroom observing a teacher. And by week two, I was already teaching my own class with a mentor to give me feedback.

I really enjoyed my time with the provider, they helped provide assistance during the program (cheers to David C, the best mentor I could have asked for). They had a lot of contacts for jobs after the program concluded, and most of us all found jobs relatively soon after the program concluded. I highly recommend using TEFL Heaven to earn your TEFL certificate.

TESOL in VIETNAM

Coming to Vietnam and obtaining my TESOL was simple and smooth process. Being able to have hands on experience was great as this is my first time teaching. There's quite a lot to do in the 4 weeks (observations, lectures, essays, lesson planning, practice classes, eating and drinking!), but once everything is done - you'll feel ready to take on any class.

One of the things I liked about the course is that it gives everyone a chance to network with other new teachers - this makes the whole process of moving to another country slightly less lonely.

I was also given help to find a job and everyone on my course was successful in finding a job.

All in all, I am very happy with the course.

My Experience

I loved my time abroad! It was filled with fun adventures with friends from all over the world! The course gave me loads of practical experience that meant teaching in different scenarios easier and the people who ran the course were very friendly, welcoming and willing to help with any issues that could have occurred.

Living and teaching in Vietnam

I'm honestly so happy and grateful that I decided to take this big step. Moving to Vietnam and getting my TEFL degree. I only booked the course 3 weeks in advance and once I booked I was SO nervous. What did I do? I've never even been to Asia before. Will it all work out? The answer is yes it did. The contact with TEFL Heaven was great from the very very beginning. I had so many questions and at times I felt like a little bit of a stalker haha. But they are all so great, they reply very fast and are a great support through the whole process.

The TEFL course was awesome and very effective. I've learned how to teach and am now confident in front of the classroom. I've also made some great friends. The fact that you are all in the same boat makes that you'll build some very meaningful relationships with your peers.

At the moment I'm living and working in Ho Chi Minh. I have an awesome apartment (including a pool and a gym!) with two girls I met during the course. I'm working at a high school and I honestly love it. The classes are big but the kids are awesome just as my colleagues. And they have a sleeping room at the school which I think is very cool. So I can take a little nap during break time.

If you have any doubts or are nervous like me I would definitely say, do it! It's such a great and meaningful experience and life here is great.

• Course Instructor

Highly recommend this course in Vietnam

All in all, I'm very satisfied with this TESOL certification course. There was a lot crammed into just 4 weeks, including lectures, essay writing, classroom observations, lesson planning, and teaching practices, but now I feel extremely prepared to become an ESL teacher.
Perhaps one of the best aspects of this course is the amazing people you meet in your class. They come from all over the world and are generally some of the most open-minded and passionate people I've met. We spent hours together in the classroom and liked each other enough to keep hanging out after class and on the weekends. Now I've got an awesome support network of people in Vietnam and all around the world.
One thing I want to note is that the job guarantee is a little misleading. You aren't just automatically handed a job when you complete the course. You still need to contact schools and go through the interview process like everyone else. This really isn't an issue since there are plenty of teaching jobs all over Vietnam, it just takes a little bit of effort on our part to find a job.

My time in Vietnam

My time in Vietnam so far has consisted of this 4-week long course that certified me to teach English around the world. As for the course it was very helpful for hands on experience through practice teachings as well as observing experienced teachers in different classroom levels. I also met loads of new people through this course whom I still see on a regular basis which made my whole experience much more enjoyable and stress-free. I actually came to Vietnam with a friend however the help and encouragement I received along the way gave me the impression that if I was to have came alone then I would have had no issues at all!
A tip I would offer is to research into the exchange rate before trying to exchange money and to always count your money when receiving your change back. I had a few instances where I was offered rates lower than the true exchange rate, and yes I understand that's how shops such as this make money, at one place then would go to another and receive a much better rate. In saying this I mean to always check your options and do your research beforehand. As for the receiving your change back sometimes vendors may accidentally miscount your change, so always check before you accept.
All in all, I'm very happy I went through with this program and course, and would certainly recommend it to anyone whom is interested in traveling without breaking the bank.

• Support Services

• Compensation & Benefits

• Host School or Placement

Make TESOL happen In Vietnam

The team is simply AWESOME!! I was blown away with their kindness, hospitality and professionalism.

Awesome 4 weeks!

During the four-week course we had interactive classes about all kinds of teaching aspects. The class size was small (12 students) and the teacher was very approachable. The 8 hours of observation and 12 hours of real teaching practice are a valuable experience of this course. It can feel a bit busy from time to time, especially during the last two weeks, however your classmates and the teacher are there to support you during each and every step. I had an amazing four weeks, in which I made some friendships that will probably last for a lifetime.

• Course Instructor

If your thinking about doing it, do it!

I completed the face-to-face TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh Vietnam. It is a little bit of a culture shock when you first arrive in this country as it is so different to home but you soon get used to it. The course provided a welcoming party the night before the course starts which is great as you get to meet everyone who is on the course before starting. The course is held in a language centre in a local area of the city, so food and drink is very cheap. There are many local bars and restaurants around where you get a meal for less than $2, and a smoothie place a few doors down where you get the best smoothies for 40p. The course itself is great and well worth every penny you pay. You are provided with everything you need to know to be an English teacher in Vietnam and get continuous support when the course has finished. I could not recommend it enough.

Invaluable

The 4 week course covered pretty much everything that you need to become an effective English teacher. The dynamic of completing the course in a group helped massively as we could bounce ideas of each other and receive / provide feedback to each other when we completed any tasks. As part of our course we completed 7 teaching practices to actual students. We were assisted with the lesson plans and received regular feedback so that we knew exactly how to improve next time. By the time I landed my first paid job, the nerves were gone and I was able to implement everything I learned on the course into my lessons. During the third week we had employment workshops where some of the people on my course secured jobs and started working the Monday after our course finished. I took a couple of weeks off after the course but still kept in contact with the school who assisted in me getting my first job.

Overall a quality experience

Everybody answered my questions very promptly and was very friendly. I would have liked a little more transparency and accuracy of information when it came to actually living in Vietnam and taking the course but everything still managed to work out just fine. The course instructor was great and the practical, hands-on experience in the classroom was extremely helpful. The curriculum covered a variety of topics which related to learning and teaching ESL. The one thing I would advise prospective students of this course is to save a lot of money before coming over! While they do provide job-search guidance, employment probably won't be instantaneous.

TEFL heaven Vietnam

Overall i enjoyed my month on the course. The practical teaching practices were the most helpful thing about this course, especially the opportunity to teach a range of ages. I completed the course feeling ready and prepared to teach and Jane was amazingly helpful with finding us work. I felt as if there could have been more focus on grammar - at least one thorough session and also more guidance with the essays - i know a lot of people on the course struggled. Although i understand confidence to present in front of a class is vital to teaching (and this was helpful during the our time in the classroom) I feel there was a little too much focus on sometimes irrelevant topics and important things (grammar, essay assistance) were skimmed over. Maybe this could be better balanced.

Wonderful opportunies

This course has lead to many opportunities in Vietnam and hopefully onwards after here. The job guidance was great and Jane the receptionist did every thing she could do organize jobs for all students.

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Apply now, you won't regret it :)

I had always dreamt of teaching abroad... not sure if this doesn't sound a little cliché? But as life happens I didn't get the chance until I was 33, I was a little concerned about the age thing but as it turns out I had nothing to worry about. From the first meeting with my class mates I felt comfortable and welcome. The students on my course were of all ages and from all over the world & best of all the mostly friendly, funny and helpful bunch of people I had the pleasure to study & become friends with! Four months down the line and we still keep in touch and I look forward to seeing them when I go back to HCMC.
The itself was also good, it taught me well in the four weeks how to manage a class room and lesson plans as I had previously had no experience of doing this, our teachers were knowledgable and fun. In the second week I found myself teaching a class with an assistant observing and although this was daunting I felt prepared from the information i had been given.
I am now working in Ha Long City, which is beautiful. The Peter the owner suggested it after hearing that I wanted to work in the North of the country and they were able to get me an interview and within 8 days of finishing my course I had a job. This is a great course and I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of coming to Vietnam. Vietnam is beautiful, the Vietnamese people are so friendly and helpful, the food is fab and your money goes a very long way here!

• Course Instructor

Doing a TEFL in your host country is a smart move!

I really enjoyed my course for many reasons but the main reasons are as follows:

1) The course offered teaching practice hours which really built my confidence as a teacher. After completing the course, I was able to jump right into teaching English. I had a wealth of knowledge under my belt and the practice behind me to feel prepared for this job.

2) Doing a TEFL course in my host country was an amazing thing to do and I'm so happy I did. Some people choose to study TEFL at home or online, but I think doing it in Vietnam was awesome because it really helped me to adjust to the new culture while surrounded by people who were going through the same thing. When I first arrived to do my course I was so overwhelmed, and I came out of it feeling ready to take on the world! The TEFL world, that is.

Would recommend

This course provided loads of pre-arrival information, which was really useful when undergoing an obviously daunting transition. The accommodation provided was to an excellent standard - either shared houses with course mates, or really high quality hotels. The course instructors were excellent and set you up with everything you need to head out and start teaching. There were people on the course of varying ages and experience who all gained something from the course. Everyone was very helpful, and I found a job in two weeks. I'm really glad I did it and love my new job here!

• Course Instructor

Best decision I ever made!

I started my TEFL course in Vietnam in November 2016 and I loved it. It was intense but the course is progressive so you build upon your teaching skills over the course of the weeks - from observing a real life class to finally teaching one alone! By the end of the course, I was confident enough to teach in local schools - even though I came from an office job and had never taught before! The programme is very supportive and will provide assistance for anything - from finding a doctor to getting your laundry done! Now I've moved out of that district, I do miss the life I had when I was doing my course which included a morning smoothie from the local vendor which cost 70p as well as the best beer bar which sold a glass of beer for around 15p!

I am now living in Ho Chi Minh city and got a job within 2 weeks of finishing the course in one of the largest language schools in the city (it would have been sooner but I went travelling for a week!) and I am now settled in the way of life here. I have my own apartment for around £270 per month with a salary of around £1600 per month with the potential to work more hours if I choose! Ho Chi Minh has many districts which can cater for whatever experience you want from Vietnam and that doesn't include all the nearby rural areas that are desperate for teachers if you don't like the city life!

It has been an incredible experience and the people I met on the course has meant that I have made life long friends with a similiar mindset, which I love. I was also given the opportunity to meet the students on the course after mine and so I now have a large network of people who have become like my family!

It still doesn't feel real to me that I'm actually a teacher now and I don't regret moving to Vietnam from my previous life at all. It has been the best decision I ever made.

TEFL course in Vietnam

A great course and a great experience!
The course is very well structured with a good balance of theory and practice. Lessons are delivered in a very fun and supportive way, and are very practical. You also get hands on experience of teaching students of different ages and abilities.
Greatly enjoyed the course. Trainers and support staff are very good and very helpful with everything you need to start off your TEFL journey.
Highly recommend the course!