Teach English in Peru - TEFL course and Job Guarantee!
TEFL Heaven participants TEFL Heaven participants

Teach English in Peru - TEFL course and Job Guarantee!

My time in Cusco, Peru

In May of 2017 I ventured to Cusco, Peru and had no idea what to expect! Since then, I have been nothing but beyond happy about my decision. I started in Cusco living with a host family and taking the TEFL Course. Throughout this period of time (about a month), I was able to learn how to become an effective English teacher, learn about the new city I was living in and make new friends! In my program, I was able to gain in-class teaching experience and learn great techniques to help English learners. Now, I am very happily living in Cusco with an amazing job! I get to teach every day and I am surrounded by the most incredible students. They are very motivated and dedicated, which encourages me as well! By living here, I am also able to see some beautiful places while traveling. A few that I have thoroughly enjoyed were Machu Picchu, Puerto Maldonado and Puno! The culture is rich and the people are diverse! Everyone is very friendly and willing to help when needed! Overall, my TEFL experience and adventure abroad has been nothing short of fantastic!

Cusco TEFL program

I had such a great time in Cusco I don´t know where to start!

The instructor, Claudia, was such a great teacher and helped us to learn the TEFL techniques through using them on us throughout the course. She made the classes fun and enjoyable which was necessary due to the intense nature of the course. The Practical Teaching element of the course really set it aside from alternatives as we were given the responsibility of teaching a paying class for our final week whilst being observed. This was a highlight as we were really able to bond with the students, building rapport and experiencing the wonderful fulfillment that teaching gives you.

Living with a host family made the experience really special and gave me a chance to experience the culture first hand. They cooked Peruvian dishes and made us feel so at home!

I am now teaching English for 2 institutes in Santiago de Chile and feel like the TEFL course with TEFL Heaven really prepared me to teach my students of all ages. I´m so grateful for the opportunities that the course has opened up!

TEFL experience in Cusco, Peru

I recently went through TEFL Heaven to enroll in the TEFL course in Cusco, Peru. I received a lot of support with my questions from TEFL Heaven regarding visa requirements, accommodations in Cusco, and general prices of living here. The TEFL course wasn´t personally overly challenging but there was a lot of course work and out-of-class work. Felt fairly prepared to teach upon finishing the class but I think students would benefit from more practical teaching (the course requires only 5 hours). Luckily I picked up the concepts and content easily but for someone not already well versed in English grammar, this might be a challenge. I was actually hired while still enrolled in the TEFL course so finding a job was no problem at all. Having this certification is highly valuable and recommended by me! As far as Cusco, this city is amazing. It has a tranquil mountainous vibe and the people are friendly. It is easy to get around town by cheap cabs and even cheaper buses. Additionally, there is always something to do if you like being outdoors AND there are very frequent festivals and parades especially during the month of June when most of their holidays are.

Fun, laughter and learning

I decided to complete the TEFL certification course because I wanted to fulfil my passion for teaching and I wanted to travel.

I had no teaching background and before stumbling across the TEFL Heaven website, I had no idea how to make my teaching goals a reality. TEFL Heaven provided me with great insight into average teaching salaries, fun activities and the requirements live and teach in Peru.

I have just completed the one month TEFL certification course and will teach English in Cusco for the next six months.

Thanks to TEFL Heaven!!