Teach English in Mexico - TEFL course and Job Guarantee!
TEFL Heaven participants TEFL Heaven participants

Teach English in Mexico - TEFL course and Job Guarantee!

Go to Puerto Vallarta!!

I decided to go abroad as a gap year between undergraduate and graduate school. I chose Mexico because I wanted to work on my Spanish skills. I have lived in Puerto Vallarta for nearly 2 months now and I absolutely love it. The course was well organized and very informative. The teachers are enthusiastic and love what they do, which is very apparent in their approach to training. The director of job placing has so many connections and will find you something that suites your needs. They provide housing options during training, and offer fun adventures, such as a walking tour of the downtown area. Overall, great course, great place, and I highly recommend coming down to Mexico if you need a change in pace or are itching for a new adventure. Viva Mexico!

• Course Instructor

An Incredible Month in Sunny PV.

Completing my TEFL course in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico was the most incredible experience. It's an intense month where you will be very busy planning and teaching but don't worry, you'll still have time to make life long friends and experience the wonders of Mexico. You don't need to go so far from home to complete a TEFL certificate but i'm so pleased I did. I worked at a wonderful academy with teachers who really care about Teaching English and recognise it's importance. Raul, our course trainer, was utterly fantastic and spoke about teaching with a passion and enthusiasm that made me desperate to get into the classroom. My first teaching experience was so positive on account of the trade mark Mexican grin that met me as soon as I set foot in the classroom. Mexicans are just the friendliest, loveliest people who made me feel at home. I had an incredible month and would do it all over again if I could!

• Course Instructor

A great place to learn to teach

I visited Puerto Vallarta, and I was thrilled with the experience. The people in Mexico are very friendly, the food is both inexpensive and excellent, and the course itself was well worth the price. With 10 hours of practical experience in the classroom, coupled with the Academic Director/teacher's roughly decade-and-a-half (not to mention being a learner himself - he didn't learn English until he was an adult, I believe) - students have an excellent opportunity to learn not only what problems may arise in the classroom, but how to deal with it.
This was a great experience I strongly encourage everyone interested in teaching English overseas to take advantage of.

Love PV

Everything about this experience was wonderful. I genuinely enjoyed classes, which is really made the difference in this trip. Of course I would enjoy time outside of class exploring Mexico, but my classmates and I actually really liked our teacher and our teacher practices were enjoyable. You get to experience different age groups so you know your preferences, and then administration helps you figure out where and how to get to where you want to travel to next. Our instructor was very knowledgable; he gave us tips and advice that I'll never forget. Other than the course, Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful place to visit with great people. Everyday there was really unbelievable. I can't wait to go back one day.

TEFL in PV!

I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of this course. All of the staff from TEFLHeaven were extremely helpful. Upon completing this course, I felt prepared and confident for anything. I was taught tools and techniques for teaching languages, how to deal with classroom issues, how to lesson plan and so much more. All of this information has benefited me in my current position teaching English and French in Guadalajara. If you are thinking about it, experienced or not.. do it! You won't regret it.

ICEP TEFL Puerto Vallarta

When I got to Puerto Vallarta I did not know anything else about the course than what I had read online. My emails were answered really slowly and the apartment provided by the academy was poor. For me this did not really matter as I already lived in Mexico. When the course started I was so happy that our teacher was not a native speaker either. I enjoyed the course and I learned a lot new things. How to teach, communicative approach to teaching and how to manage the classroom. Coming from Finland and having the so to speak best education system in the world and having to learn four languages in my life to be able to travel I felt that I could be a good teacher. When we went to the teaching practices to the local elementary school I swore to never go back there after the first week. I thought I could never be a teacher, I felt so tired after one hour of teaching. Second week in teaching practice I started to enjoy it, I could manage the classroom better when I took different approach. On the last day in teaching practice all my students gave me a hug and I might have cried a little bit, they grow on you in just three weeks. It was really rewarding to teach in elementary school and I would be so happy to have a job here in Merida in elementary school. At the moment I still do not have a job through TEFL program which is really bad for me as I am living here in Mexico but I do not have a job. I know as a foreign speaker to the English language it might be more difficult to get a job as an English teacher but I really do hope and expect that taking this program is going to help me to get a job and not just lose money.

Program itself was good and rewarding. There is just some little bits which could be done better like overall knowledge of the course before arriving to Puerto Vallarta. Also, the houses provided by the academy really needs improvements considering how high the rent is.

Paradise

Puerto Vallarta is a paradise in a lot of ways, as the town is a beach side location with so much to do and see within touching distance. It has great restaurants, beaches and almost every amenity you can think of! The course itself is great, i can guarantee you will finish the course feeling ready and prepared to teach. Raul (the instructor) is experienced enough to give you advice for any situation and teaches the course in an engaging and lively manner and Alan (in charge of the job placement) is fantastic, and not only does he find a number of job placements for everyone, he finds the best opportunities for everyone's specific needs, which is amazing.

Landed into heaven

Having never been to Mexico before, or even Latin America, I was absolutely amazed by the beauty of Puerto Vallarta. The palm trees were the first thing I noticed when flying in, the heat and sun was the second. I have always dreamed of living by a tropical beach life and this course was the perfect introduction into living and working in paradise.

Don't be fooled as you will have to work hard, but it will be paid back to you in the most wonderful way, the satisfaction of teaching another human being and watching them learn. The apartment I was housed in was a short 10 min bus from the school and easily located when using public transport! The swimming pool was the best feature for me. After a long day teaching and sweating like crazy, a quick dip was the perfect fix.

The teacher, Raul, was very engaging and kept the classes unique and fun so that it didn't feel like we were studying in a mundane way. I don't want to mislead you in thinking this course is an easy breeze and an excuse for a holiday, you should want to get as much as you can from this intense course as it will only benefit yourself.

This course teaches you a lot about yourself, by having to live/work with people you haven't met before, often people with very different opinions and lifestyles. All the skills you will gain, you can put to further use, not only in the teaching sphere but in life. I would highly recommend to anyone interested in trying out Teaching Abroad!

TEFL in Puerto Vallarta

I thoroughly enjoyed the course here in Puerto Vallarta. It is an intense course and does require some hard work but it is well worth it. The course consists of teaching from the very experienced Raul who has many years of teaching and observing lessons. The course also includes preparing for and running your own lessons which is not as scary as it sounds. There is a lot of support for your lesson planning.
I and many others on the course had arranged employment before the end of the course and Alan is very good at securing you interviews within Mexico.
Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful place and has lots to see and do. Living costs are a little higher here than in other places in Mexico as it is a tourist destination but compared to the UK it is still inexpensive. The cost of a bus here is from 40 pence!
The locals are very friendly and appreciate when you attempt to speak basi Spanish so don't worry if you are not fluent.
All in all it was an enjoyable course with lots of practival experience and wise words from Raul.