Travel, Teach, & Explore China with Teaching Nomad
Teaching Nomad Header Image Teaching Nomad Header Image

Travel, Teach, & Explore China with Teaching Nomad

Wonderful Experience

I had been applying for jobs for a few months and getting nowhere. That's when I decided to start using recruitment agencies. I signed up with a few agencies and also used my own contacts. Teaching Nomad was far superior to any of the other recruitment agencies I used. Once I signed up, Jayne Donabie was assigned my case and straight away I was impressed by her professionalism. She made the whole process painless and maintained excellent communication throughout. After months of waiting for responses or replies, it was a relief to have someone to explain and simplify the entire process. She was in constant communication, suggesting various roles suited to my experience. No question was too small or unimportant for her to answer. After helping me find a position, she maintained contact, helping to liaise with the school when necessary and checking in with general progress. The entire process was met with professionalism and warmth and the after care is truly superb. A very trustworthy company.

• Host School or Placement

Awesome service for Teachers already abroad

Tldr: I currently live abroad and I used this service to help me find a school in china. Will definitely recommend!

Positives: lots of options on the website, my consultant Lauren was always available and ready to help. She always communicated with me and forwarded job opportunities that I hadn't seen yet. Once I got the job, she was also super helpful with guiding me on the best way to get my visa in order. Since I'm currently abroad, I decided to use the Teaching Nomad authentication service for my chinese visa. I just started the process, but so far everyone has been super helpful.

Cons: While the job hunting is free, the service for the visa authentication is really expensive. As I already mentioned, being abroad makes it difficult to get all the visa stuff in order. So while you pay nothing for the website/job hunt, you definitely pay a lot for the visa stuff.

Great support

I have been registered with teaching nomad for a couple of years but never used their services until recently. I was pleasantly introduced to a culture of professionalism displayed by all involved in sourcing, connecting with and following up on leads that lead to my appointment at a school in Shanghai. Jayne was simply amazing during the entire process. For anyone looking to get a quality teaching position in China and have peace of mind during your stay, I'd recommend connecting with Teaching Nomad to get your journey started.

Excellent!! highly recommended

Teaching Nomad offers professional services for teachers actively seeking jobs abroad. They are very though in their recruitment, and provides unconditional support ( where needed) throughout the process. I would highly recommend their services.

Teach abroad in Shenzhen, China

My goal is to teach English in Asia. With enough support and determination, Teaching Nomad, helped me land a job in none other than - the mother of inventions - China. Dana Pham was my assistant throughout this entire job search process. Right when I was about to give up on my dream to teach English abroad (after so much trial and error with other teaching English abroad placement companies); Dana and her team came in to lend a hand and offer me their unconditional support. They put the right kind of energy, time and commitment, into finding me a teaching position in Asia. They were well aware that I didn't just want to land any job in Asia - for the sake of having a job, therefore they went the extra mile (and a half :) ) to find me a job of my liking.

This team took my every need and want into consideration - from the most trivial of things like having enough vacation time (to travel across Asia, duh :)), and some of the most important, like my concerns for air pollution, yikes! Teaching Nomad took it upon themselves to find the perfect match for a picky traveler like myself (thanks for your patience). Thank you immensely Teaching Nomad for all of your hard work. Your determination into making teachers like myself both excited and happy about teaching English abroad is clearly visible in the quantity/quality of your work, and your many years of placement experience.

If you are someone looking to Teach English abroad, Teaching Nomad is a great start. If you decide to start there - let me be the first to tell you - you will be in very good hands.

Good Luck! :) :) :)

Here goes to Asia 2018 for me. Cheers!

• Host School or Placement

Shanghai = work hard, play hard!

Moving to Shanghai was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. The balance between work and play is great, able to find a very good teaching position (with the help of Sophia Isis) and experience the epic nightlife. It’s never a disappointment.

• Host School or Placement

Saying yes to new adventures

As an experienced teacher with a non teaching spouse and two small babies, I was reluctant yet excited to start this new venture. Jayne was amazing. Its hard to just pack up and go when you have a young family. And I must admit I never thought that this was ever going to become a reality. After the screening interview with Jayne, things happened so fast that within a matter of two weeks I got an interview, offer and was hired! Is it possible to travel, to pack up and go..and find your dream job?
YES! Thank you Jayne! For the encouraging emails, the chats and being apart of our new adventure

Smooth sailing

Ali Jaramillo is a star. She assisted me throughout the process, making what could have been a dreadful process smooth sailing. Ali was always willing to help - she answered all my questions and provided me with an unlimited amount of information and advice every step of the way. I highly recommend Teaching Nomad to all those who are considering to teach abroad, you won't go wrong.

Exceptional assistance

It was my second time looking looking for a job through Teaching Nomad. The first time I was assisted by Ashley and l recently secured a job through Brendan who help me throughout and always followed up. Thank you so much.

• Host Company

• Compensation

• Professional Development

Very friendly consultant and a new job in a month!

Although I did submit my interest for several more educationally related positions, which I did not hear back about, my consultant was able to quickly schedule a face to face interview for me in China, as I was en route for a vacation there. I did see and submit my materials for this position on the web, but the response was very slow. I also applied through Nomad and their intercession led to the interview and subsequent offer. Thanks!

From nervous to settled

For me, the decision to teach abroad was scary. I was no longer young and had a settled life in the US. But a trip to Europe made me think the world was bigger than I'd given it credit for. On my return I flooded the web with my Education Resume and started applying for overseas teaching opportunities. I was contacted by Teaching Nomad requesting an interview to see if I would be a good fit with their expectations. After a Skype interview and a slew of copies of my professional credentials, they began sending me possible postings in my preferred area. After about 6 weeks I was contacted by a school in Shanghai that was looking for a certified native English speaker. Three weeks later, I'd accepted the position and flew to Shanghai that August. Teaching Nomad was wonderfully helpful with the transition, regularly asking if there was anything I needed. Happily, the school I contracted with was professional and organized and within a week of arriving in China I had a job, a phone, a bank account, and an apartment to call my own. Today, I work on a beautiful campus in the suburbs of China and have signed on for an additional two years with my school. This was the best choice I've ever made for myself and I'm so glad Teaching Nomad reached out to me to make this happen.

Job search for the 2018/19 school year

Mike Ostrowski, was excellent and supportive as i reached out to Teaching Nomad for help finding a new job. He was quick with providing me with information on several jobs that fit me as a seasoned teacher. Mike is professional and detailed when he speaks to teachers and provided comfort to me as he helped me in search for my next career move. His mannerism and respect is a true asset. Thank Mike for your support!

Finding a job in China through Teaching Nomad

Teaching Nomad was helpful when looking for a teaching job in China. Working with Teaching Nomad made a process that would otherwise be pretty overwhelming much simpler. Whenever I had questions, my placement specialist (Ali) was very helpful. If you want to teach abroad but are a little nervous or overwhelmed by the process, Teaching Nomad is a great resource. With the help of Teaching Nomad, I was able to find the exact type of job I was looking for.

Quick turnaround.. got a job in just 2-3 weeks

I was super pleased with Teaching Nomad's assistance in my job hunt for a teaching position in China. I had previously taught in China for 3 years and, coming back from a year off, was intimidated by the process of finding a new job in Shanghai. A friend referred me to Teaching Nomad because he had gotten a job with them at an international school in Shanghai, and within a couple of days, I had a profile set up and had a personal interview with one of their placement consultants, Ali. She discussed what kinds of positions she thought I'd be suited for and sent me a few jobs she had hand-chosen for me. I also answered some questions about my teaching experience and filled out my profile and within a week, I was contacted by a school she had passed my resume to. I scheduled an interview and received an offer by the following week.

I really liked the personal guidance that was provided to me by Teaching Nomad. Not only was Ali helpful in the job hunt process, but I also received some tips from the founder when I had questions regarding the cost of housing near the school I would be working at. I feel confident taking this new position in Shanghai because Teaching Nomad seems to have developed good relationships with schools it helps place teachers in.

• Support Services

The best teaching placement organization out there, by far

I worked with a lot of different recruiting companies when I first started applying for jobs in China, and it didn't take long for me to forget about the rest of them and start working with Teaching Nomad exclusively. They are by far the most professional and reliable teaching placement service out there, and I would encourage anyone who is thinking about going abroad to teach to start their journey with Teaching Nomad. Thank you so much for all your help!

Getting ready for China!

I used TN to find a terrific job teaching in Shanghai. Jayne was my placement specialist and was terrific. She communicated with me daily, multiple times over Skype, and listened to exactly what I wanted going abroad. Was a terrific experience working with TN!

Teaching in Taiwan

I applied to Teaching Nomad in hopes of finding a teaching position in Taiwan after spending 2 years teaching in South Korea. I immediately got in touch with a placement consultant named Brendan Allen. We had a great interview where he asked me loads of questions regarding my needs in Taiwan. Right after the interview he sent me two positions in Taiwan and a list of things that I needed to do to get me started. There were a lot of things that were required like written interview questions and an introduction video. It took me a while to complete it all but once I was finished Brendan ended up putting me in contact with one of the best academies in Taiwan. I want to thank him and Teaching Nomad for being the start of my success in Taiwan!

• Support Services

Teaching Nomad supports its teachers!

I have been having a great experience with Teaching Nomad so far. Recruiter Liam McManus has helped me learn about the process in finding a teaching job, while giving me all the information I will need to prepare to teach English abroad. McManus has helped me secure a job in Shanghai and I am excited to see where my new job opportunity takes me.

Thank You Liam and Teaching Nomad for the help and support.

• Support Services

Recruitment for an international school in China

I found Teaching Nomad to be extremely helpful and professional. Liam made the process very easy and straight forward. I would recommend him and Teaching Nomad if you are searching for a teaching job.

Great! Very supportive, and professional

5 words: THEY GET THE JOB DONE

Whenever I had any questions, the team were there. Totally understood my needs, and I got my perfect position. Emails were answered and questions answered.

Great Program

I was looking for a position in China during the late winter/early spring of 2015. They found me 4 schools to interview with in a mater of a few days. My recruiter was very hands on and helped me with every question and issue I dealt with while job searching. I had a wonderful experience and they were able to find me a position that was right for my personality. I would recommend them to anyone who would like teach in China

Very Professional and Super Helpful

When I decided to move to China I wasn't sure how to find a job or where to begin looking. I chose a few placement companies to begin working with and started looking. Every one of the other companies only offered placement for ESL jobs and at a comparably low pay rate. Teaching Nomad was able to help me get a great position as a 12th grade physics teacher and the pay has been great. My experience has been wonderful!

• Support Services

Best placement service I have ever had

I have been teaching abroad for near eight years and the beginning of that was a lot of traveling, which meant I went through recruiting agencies frequently. Teaching Nomad is the best service I have ever used. They really listened to what I was looking for and matched me to jobs that fit the description. Sophia, my placement consultant, made the process as smooth as possible for me and I would recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone looking for a job in China (or anywhere else they may get established). Great service!

Suzhou Kindergarten

Teaching Nomad did a great job of getting me the placement opportunities, getting me in touch with the schools I wanted to apply with and keeping in touch with me during and after the interview process with the school. They were friendly to work with and always timely with their correspondence and responses. I recommend them!

My First Semester in China

I am wrapping up my first semester in China, and I am thankful to Teaching Nomad for getting me here. Teaching Nomad was a great help. Their, Sophia Isis', assistance during the entire process was professional, supportive, and abundantly helpful. Her concern for getting me the right job, she discussed a couple with me initially, was evident from the very beginning. My experience with Teaching Nomad made entering China an easy process. If possible, I hope to use Teaching Nomad again in the future for further teaching positions both in China and any other countries they might work with.