Learn Spanish in your teacher´s home Santiago de Cuba
Academia Caribe Header Image Academia Caribe Header Image

Learn Spanish in your teacher´s home Santiago de Cuba

• Facilities

Santiago - the true capital of Cuba!

I had a truly incredible, awesome, delightful, rich experience when staying with Euqueria in Santiago, learning Spanish. My education was fantastic, with Euqueria's many years of expertise she has designed a program that will give you exactly what you need to become a conversationalist in Spanish. As well, staying in the home of your professor helps, when you have questions! I stayed for a month, and my son stayed with me for two weeks (then went back to stay in Florida with grandpa). There is nothing like Cuba itself - you are guaranteed a political, social, cultural, and economic experience like no other. For me this was a very refreshing change! I recommend staying during the last week of July so you can catch Carnaval, Cuba's biggest party, which takes place all over Santiago. This is the place to go if you want to really have an authentic people-to-people educational experience (as opposed to a tourist experience - not that there aren't museums, this city is home of the revolution). As far as accommodations go, I had excellent, healthy meals (full portions) prepared three times daily, with as much juice and water as I wanted at Euqueria's. Her family was also so kind, and her nephew showed me all around the city, introducing me to anyone everyone I needed among the many obscure missions I accomplished traipsing this lovely city. They are also excellent cooks, and even gave me some Cuban cooking/Spanish courses! When I returned, my Spanish was sufficient enough to claim fair fluency! I have learned it my whole life, but never formally, and never how to write it. This trip was just what I needed, productive and highly enjoyable! I only wished I had gone from July into August some, so that I could catch a Cuban baseball game...

• Homestay Spanish Programs Santiago de Cuba responded to this review March 02, 2018 at 3:01 AM

Dear student,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to study Spanish with me and for the ten-star rating that you have bestowed on the Homestay Spanish Programs Santiago de Cuba.

My family and I thank you for recommending us to others and are looking forward to your visit in the near future.

Thanks and regards from Santiago de Cuba,