SAI Programs: Study Abroad in Rome
SAI Programs Header Image SAI Programs Header Image

SAI Programs: Study Abroad in Rome

Experience of a lifetime

SAI was the best program for me! I had the best on-staff advisors who were always helpful, friendly, and energetic, which really made the program so enjoyable. There was plenty of excursions or day events that were offered that I regularly attended and were always so much fun. Without these events, I don't think I would have seen much of Rome or Italy. John Cabot University was a smaller school so the classrooms were smaller which was different for me, but it was a better way to get to know my peers and professors. I loved my housing situation because I was immersed with the locals and other SAI students. I lived in an apartment with other SAI students, but the apartment complex was filled with other Italian locals. It was safe and only a 15 minute walk from JCU. I would recommend SAI to any students who are looking to study abroad. I met some of my best friends when studying abroad and traveled to so many other European countries. This was all possible because SAI influenced me and gave me the opportunity to study in Rome.

Experience of a lifetime!

SAI provided me with the experience of a lifetime! The academics at John Cabot were once in a lifetime; they offer many unique classes you cannot take anywhere else, including an on-site history class, neighborhoods of Rome, and so many more! I learned a new language and made friends of a lifetime. Volunteer opportunities are highly encouraged and I had the opportunity to volunteer at the local Refugee Center with other John Cabot University students.
The onsite support was incredible and the excursions were indescribable. If you ever have any questions, your onsite staff are readily available with insider information! Studying abroad with SAI was by far one of the best decisions I could have made!
The housing options were very nice. I lived in the center of Rome 5 minutes from John Cabot, surrounded by amazing smells and history around every corner. Each semester I shared a room with one other student in an apartment with 4 or 6 students total. There were two bathrooms, which was greatly appreciated, a homely kitchen, and a lively living room- a place to call home.
Best food ever. Hands down. Without a doubt. You are in Italy- known for its pasta, pizza, and gelato. You cannot go wrong. Definitely enjoy the authentic gelato while you can! 10/10
I had the opportunity to have Italian neighbors, classes with international students from all over the world and on site classes that taught me the history of ancient Rome. Volunteer opportunities also added a sense of belonging.
I felt completely safe and at ease the entire year while abroad. The location is incredible and I never once worried about my safety, even lost at 5 in the morning. Most people know English and it can be a fun experience to get a little lost. Be aware of your surroundings and be responsible but I never once felt unsafe.
I never had any health issues while abroad but there are pharmacies with English speaking doctors and the onsite staff can always direct you in the right direction. You are also provided with health insurance through SAI, which helps put your mind at ease.
SAI was the best possible option for me in the best city in the world! (No, I'm not biased ;) Words cannot describe the amazing experience I had, in Rome, at John Cabot University, and with SAI! I gained a sense of self-worth and understanding while abroad. I am not afraid to go out of my comfort zone and I owe everything to this incredible experience.

Romeing around for a semester

My experience studying abroad in Rome is one I would never trade for anything. I had such an amazing semester with memories I will always hold close to my heart. SAI made my transition from the United States to Rome very easy and smooth. They were very accessible and were a great support system to have while living 6,000 miles away from home. I highly recommend this program to any prospective students.

Best experience of my life!

Studying abroad was truly the best experience of my life. From immersing myself into the culture of Rome, to being able to easily (and cheaply!) travel all around Europe, and to finding some of my best friends, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was so happy to have the program coordinators of SAI to help me deal with day to day questions and overall experience. From helping me call a cab to go to the airport, to assisting in anything at any time of the day, I knew I could always count on them.

Making My Rome Away from Home

With the help of SAI Programs, Rome quickly became my home away from home. From the application process, to applying, and obtaining a visa, SAI guided me every step of the way allowing me to push stress aside and get excited for my new journey. Once I arrived, I was introduced to my amazing apartment that made me feel like a true Italian and was offered an Italian Crash Course early on so that I could get by in this new country. Studying abroad is life changing and pushes you outside of your comfort zone like you would never believe. SAI offered amazing excursions to show students the different cultures within Italy and cooking classes to help us feel truly immersed. Jess and Jordan, our SAI staff, were always available to help and answer our questions and really encouraged us to speak Italian as much as possible. I would not change a thing about my study abroad experience and I am forever envious of all of the students who get to experience the wonder all over again.

Go outside and speak Italian

I would say my study abroad experience was unlike many other peoples, I quickly became friends with degree seekers at the university which furthered my cultural immersion in Rome but also introduced me to people from all around the world. By the end of the year I not only spoke Italian fairly well but also had formed life long friendships with a multitude of people from many countries. John Cabot is a very international school with a good ratio of study abroad to degree seekers, the location of the University and the SAI housing and apartments was very central and in one of the most beautiful areas of Rome. SAI also provided a multitude of program activities such as cooking classes, city tours and a 3 day excursion all costs included !!!! Choosing Rome and John Cabot as my study abroad destination was one of the best decisions I have ever made, it was one year of living the true Italian bella vita and I wouldn't have traded it for any other experience.

Learned a new language, made friends for life, learned new cooking skills

The experience overall was very satisfying. I enjoyed the program and the living locations organized for me. I also enjoyed the activities organized by the program such as the excursions and cooking classes. I feel like i have significantly impacted my outlook on my personal life as well as other cultures and places.

Amazing Semester at JCU in Rome, Italy

My semester at John Cabot University in Rome, Italy was favorite semester in college. I studied abroad through SAI Programs. the SAI on-site staff was amazing. Jess and Jordan were always willing to help me when I needed help booking train tickets, finding restaurants, and planning trips. Jess also took me to the doctor when I became sick during my first few weeks in Rome. John Cabot University is a great university to take courses at because the class sizes are small which allows students to engage in great discussions.

Overall, this experience was amazing. Living and learning (and eating!!!) in the Trastevere neighborhood of Rome was perfect and I cannot wait to be able to go back and explore the Eternal City again!