Paid Work - All Across the UK

Paid Work - All Across the UK

• Host Company

• Compensation

• Professional Development

I enjoyed all the days of my travel

I am from Barcelona, a city where the tourism is really important so when someone is looking for a job, most of the places ask you to have a good level of English. And the best way to improve your English is learning from English people. Also when you are on a different country than yours, it is important to deal with their culture and habits. Obviously the first days can be difficult but for a successful experience you should immerse on their culture. Here in England, there are some things that were difficult for me to do at the beginning like the dining time (in Spain we have dinner normally at 9:30pm). But after a few days I was used to do things similar as the English people and i think that’s an important aspect of the cultural immersion because it allows you to know more of what they do.

Some of my experiences abroad was when I went to study in Ireland when I was little and I stayed there for one month. It was my first experience abroad so I was scared the first’s days. After arrive to the country, see my host family. The school and all the people who were there, I had such a really good time there and I made lots of friends so it was a very positive experience. The second experience abroad was the last year when I went 7 weeks to study abroad and work to Torquay (Devon). Torquay is a peaceful place located on the south west of England. I was working on Brixham in the Golden Hind. It was everything perfect and I could improve a lot my English. I stayed also in a host family who were really nice and kind people and I also made friends which I still talking with them. The only thing which I didn’t like too much was the weather. Most of the days raining! But well, that’s England I guess. And the third one it was this year when I went to Bournemouth and I worked for Student Works. Without any doubt Bournemouth is the best place I’ve been studying abroad. It is full of people, we had a really good time and the host family and the work placement were fantastic! I enjoyed all the days of my travel.

I always wanted to visit New York. Since I was a kid, and every time that I saw New York on the films, the new or newspapers I imagined that one day I would be there. Finally, two years ago I went to New York with my family. For me, New York is a fantastic place where you can find everything that you want. We visit the entire city, the most important museums, restaurants and places. We also did a trip with helicopter around the city which was amazing. From there, you could see how big the Central park is, how big the most important buildings are and, of course, how big the city is.

By my point of view, every business that wants to succeed should have 3 basic factors: Sincerity, responsibility and desire to succeed. You cannot manage a business without those things. There are many businesses which are not sincere to their customer, and that could work at short term but definitely is not going to work at long term. I think that in Student Works everybody does those things and that is why it is a successful business. And the proof of that it is on our customers.