Internship and English Courses In the United Kingdom
Student Works Header Image Student Works Header Image

Internship and English Courses In the United Kingdom

I’m proud to work in such and great team

My position in Student Works was mainly within administration. My goal was to reply to messages in social networks and gave students who want to come to UK to study or work different offers.

In Germany I work as an insurance broker where I give customers also different opportunities and help them to find the best solution.

I didn’t study abroad before but it is a big dream of me to study in an english speaking country and the work experience here are student works helped me a lot to come this dream closer!

I definitely changed and grown since working for the company. Now I’m more self confident and have no worries to speak with people. I’m also motivated to improve my English more and more to have the chance to study or Australia, USA or UK.

My first days at Student Works I felt especially proud because I thought my understanding would be more bad. But it wasn’t. We always worked in a team to help each other so you can’t got wrong. I’m proud to work in such and great team.

I’m sure to visit this city a second time

It is my first time to study abroad here in Bournemouth, but I don’t think it was my last time. My first target was it, to improve my English mainly for school, but I never thought that it could be so a great experience. First of all Bournemouth is a really nice city full of young international students and lot of really nice places. At the beginning I was a little bit scared to live in a host family which I don’t know and never had seen before, without any friends and without the best English. Bit that was no problem after the first days I met a lot of friends from a lot of different countries and I began to enjoy my host family really. With the time I started to love the city and the people. Also the people which live with their whole life in Bournemouth were very friendly to all those foreigners and I’m sure to visit this city a second time.

I wanted to learn Spanish all the time. This language sounds very good if you can speak it well and fast and it is the second world language. Since to years I learn Spanish in school but it is very difficult, because when you learn a language not in a country where it is the main language you learn just a lot of grammar and you don’t learn to speak. I think that’s the problem for every language it is much easier to learn English in the UK for example. I think because of the mentality from the people from Spain and other southern countries where you speak Spanish, maybe it is just a stereotype or something like this, but when I imagine a spanish guy he is relaxed all the time and enjoys his life and I think because of this mentality I want to learn Spanish since years.

I always wanted to visit the Maldives in the Indian Ocean. I imagine that there are not so many people and everything is so peaceful. It is the perfect place to relax and forget everything around you. The beaches there with their palms are inimitable. You will never find nicer ones than ini this string of islands with the clear blue water and the fine sand.

Good work environment

My position in Student Works is administrative. I helped new students to get the most suitable accommodations and to choose the best program for them. I also contacted with agencies of other countries to inform about our offers. Up to date I had worked in a bank, in retail as a team leader and also as a store manager.

I studied several course in different places of UK and I studied in Italy as Erasmus because I enjoy learning new languages and cultures, and in my view this is a really good way to do it. Moreover, I love meeting new people and I like nothing better than travel.

Working for Student works has been a really grateful experience that has given me the chance to see how work an English company let me know a lot about English bureaucracy. I think it is an experience that everyone has to live by oneself. And of course I improve my skills at communicating in English.

I is not easy to choose only one experience to highlight but what I want to tell is that since the first moment I could feel part of the team. I really appreciate the way to trainee of my manager because she is demanding but also understanding. This together with my workmates always were available to give me a hand make me happy in my position. I could learn in a really good work environment.

I think this experience is very positive

My position in Student Works is within administration. My goal is to find a accommodation for students who want to come to the UK and expose them to the different programs we have to offer. I want to study tourism or marketing because I like working with the public. I think this careers is my future.

I studied abroad before. I went to study in Scotland for 1 month and Lond 1 month when I was a child but now I think my first serious experience in the the UK. My first day in Bournemouth I’m very scared because I don’t meet people and I don’t know where is the places. The first day in the school the people are very simpatic and you met a lot of peoples of different countries and you learn other cultures. I inspired to comes here because I wanted to improve my English. I think if you study in the UK you have a lot of opportunities in Spain because there are a lot of tourism and if you speak English you can communicate with all of the people. English and Spanish are the most speakers in the world. For me the most important language and the advantages that more work will give is English. Everyone speaks English because it is the common language and speak it if you know you can work anywhere Work is student works for me is a very good experience because you can improve your English a lot and when I have a problems she help me. The boss is very good because she has very patient and always speak with you slowly and you can understand all. Always is looking if you have any problems.

With this experience I have grown personally and academically. I have learned to value things and realize that to reach a goal of working has not surrender. Because the illusion that makes you when you get a goal can not be described in words.

I felt that my first day in here was the proudest I felt being part of the team because for me is the experience in the UK. You need to learn a lot of things in English and if you don’t understand you have solved the problem alone. I think this experience is very positive for you and your CV.

I am always proud to work in Student Works because all people work here is very competent.

My position on Student Works is help administrative. I promoted a program of a company on the internet to have new students. I also help French students when he have a bad English. Before, in my country, I did an internship in a shop, never in an office.

It's my first time to Study Abroad. I do that because I want be fluent in English and I love travel, meet new people, know different culture.

Work for this company made a big change. Student Work give me a chance to see how work in England and I thank them for that. Now I am very autonomous, more responsible. (The factor has my responsible person). And now I speak English!!

Thank you for making this happen!

I left my home in Bulgaria and moved to Germany in 2010. I study translation (English, German, and Russian) and I am currently in my third and final year. In order to graduate I had to complete a mandatory 6- week internship abroad, more specifically in an English =0 speaking country, so I decided to contact Student Works. They arranged everything for me and Lucy was always eager to help and answer any questions I had. Upon my arrival I was welcomed by the nicest host family ever, I’m going to miss them so much.

I worked for ETC for 6 weeks, mainly in the Marketing Department but I also translated a number of texts from English into German ( mostly course descriptions) for the ETC website. Before I started working at ETC I thought that i would be bringing people coffee all the time - because that’s all interns ever get to do in movies and on TV (thank God, that wasn’t the case). Sp the fact that I was able to do some translation work for them made me feel very useful. I also felt very appreciated by the students during the week I spent working in reception, answering their questions and helping out with the paperwork. But I had the most fun working in marketing and I feel sad as I’, writing this review on my last day at work - Ed, Chelsea, Hannah, you guys are the BEST! Thank you for everything! You have helped me grow as a person. I would also like to thank Kambiz, the Director of Studies, who was always kind and ready to help, even though he was often very busy. Working at ETC was a great experience! I’ve met some wonderful people and had the chance to improve my English during my stay here.

So thank you, Student Work, for making this happen!