Stint Ireland: Work and Travel in Ireland
Stint Ireland participants Stint Ireland participants

Stint Ireland: Work and Travel in Ireland

• Professional Development

The gap year that inspired my "gap" life

My time in Dublin with Stint was invaluable. After graduating college, I knew I wasn't ready to settle down in the States, so I decided to move to Ireland for a year with my best friend. I had travelled and studied abroad, but this was a completely new endeavour, that came with new experiences (finding an apartment, networking in a new market, purchasing health insurance, etc.). Stint made the transition easy and one of their team members was always available when I had a question or just wanted to meet up and chat over coffee.

Not only was Stint helpful in the process of applying for and acquiring the Irish Working Holiday Authorisation, but the support they provided once I arrived in Dublin was equally appreciated. The friends I met through Stint (both the program employees and fellow gap years) have played a huge part in my happiness the last 12 months and there is no doubt that the relationships and connections I formed while in Ireland are for life.

My experience in Ireland with Stint was so incredible that I plan to return to Dublin to complete a Masters degree in the near future. That is, after I complete another year-long working visa in New Zealand :)

Gap year participant

I am currently doing a 1 year working visa in Ireland with Stint Ireland. Going through this organization has helped immensely! They supported me through my visa application before I arrived and helped me find a job, start a bank account, look for housing, and have monthly support sessions.

I absolutely love the amount of fun I have experienced through their housing, weekly events and weekend getaways. I would recommend this to anyone who wants adventure and freedom to be an explorer and not just a tourist!

• Itinerary

• Satisfaction

From California to Ireland

I loved my time in Ireland, and Stint made it so much easier to settle in to Dublin. Finding housing in Dublin is a pain, so it was nice to head to Ireland knowing I had a safe place to stay with Stint housing. The best part of being a Stinter is the community. All of my housemates were lovely people ready for adventure, and they made my time in Ireland all the more awesome! My time in Ireland got cut quite short (unrelated to Stint, long story), but Stint was very understanding and they let me know right away they were there to make sure I got the most out of the time I had in Ireland. Housing is expensive, but that's true for all of Dublin and at least with Stint you get a built in community at your new home. Would definitely recommend a prospective Working Holidayer look into Stint Ireland!

Architecture in Ireland

My six month architecture internship found through Stint Ireland was something that I had always wanted to do and finally got the chance. The Stint crew are a group of very dedicated, involved and fun people who work hard to find the very best opportunities for their every client. They supply housing or help you find your own, organise regular events in Dublin and weekend trips, and hold private monthly meetings to catch up with you and make sure you are getting everything you hoped for through them.
As an Aussie interning in Ireland for six months I got a working holiday visa, same as gap year students. My internship was incredibly educational and has prepared me well for a future in architecture as the work I was doing was not menial intern tasks, but rather professional standard drawings and documentation.
Dublin is so much fun, and Ireland is incredible. I cannot recommend the Stint program high enough and look forward to the day when I can visit again and show them how much I benefitted through the internship they found for me.

• Professional Development

Gap year in Ireland (First Time Abroad)

There are so many amazing things I could say about my experience in Ireland and more specifically with Stint Ireland. Having never been abroad I was definitely anxious to up and move to another country. However, Stint was so helpful throughout the whole experience.

Before I even arrived in Ireland the Stint crew was there to help me throughout the application process. It made it easy for me to board my flight knowing things would be taken care of upon my arrival. Having conversed with Aoife over the course of a few months before I got to Ireland, when I finally met her for the first time at the Stint house the day I landed, it was like meeting a friend I've known for forever! And honestly, that's truly what Stint became...my friends!

They were so supportive while I tried to come to grips with being in a new country and not having a set date in which I would return home. It was definitely an adjustment for me, being very close with my family, and anytime I needed to talk their office door was open!

While I did run into a few bumps during my time as a working American citizen in Ireland, Stint immediately jumped into action and helped me resolve any issue straight away.

It was an honor to have been their first gap year participant and I fully recommend their program as I know it's only gotten better since I've left Ireland!

The gap year experience was an amazing opportunity because I got to truly integrate myself into the Irish way of life. Ireland is such a beautiful country with amazing people and Stint is no exception!

Ireland tourism experience

I was able to land an internship and later a job through Stint at Extreme Ireland / Irish Day Tours. My initial internship was great, and I was able to push that three month internship into a full year job.

At the company I was able to do many different things whether it be sales, marketing, logistics organization, or project management. I was lucky enough to be trusted with interesting projects right away from my first day which really helped my career develop better than it could have anywhere else.