Marketing, Advertising, and PR Internships in Dublin
Stint Ireland participants Stint Ireland participants

Marketing, Advertising, and PR Internships in Dublin

2 Months in Dublin Just Wasn't Enough...

My time spent interning abroad is the most valuable way I have ever spent my summer. If I wouldn’t have had to return to the United States for college, I could have seen myself transitioning into living in Dublin. Stint Ireland was there for me throughout the whole process, from aligning me with the perfect company to intern with to continuously calming my nerves.

As someone that categorizes herself as an introvert that fears to step outside of her comfort zone, Stint was an excellent support system that made living abroad not seem so daunting. To only be a 10-minute walk away from the Stinit office is a huge comfort of mind. To help ease the transition of living in a foreign country, Stint organizes socials every other Thursday and several weekend trips. These events were great ways to meet with other individuals that were in your shoes. 2 months in Dublin just wasn't enough. I spent every weekend traveling around Ireland, taking recommendations from the Stint staff. I saw so much of the country, but by the time I packed up my bags to head home, I contracted the travel bug and needed to see more. My experience through Stint Ireland instilled in me a love of travelling and took the fear out of travelling abroad. I'm forever grateful for my time in Ireland and the Stint staff that made it possible. Make sure to make the most of your time, because you too will be leaving with the same feeling I did: 2 months in Dublin just wasn't enough...

Internship in Dublin

Stint Ireland was a company I stumbled upon while searching for an option to go abroad and work while in University. I was between Dublin and London, but decided on Dublin because it was somewhere I had never been. I was a Marketing Intern with Extreme Ireland over a nine week period.

Stint set-up the interview and informed me of any documentation necessary before coming over.

My internship was great - I was trusted by the company and got to do loads more than expected. I rewrote parts of the website, coded, worked on press statements, and more. For that, Stint has no faults. I was partnered with the appropriate place for me and took full advantage of it.

My summer spent in Dublin was incredible. I did find it difficult to live in such a full house, in Chicago I had my own apartment. I also found it hard to swallow the cost of the program, housing, flights, and event fees. Traveling abroad is obviously not free, but when you are spending so much on the program and working for free you want to save as much money as possible.

I was later informed of some temporary housing options, which would have been loads more affordable and near work.

I would recommend Stint and the program - 100 percent, but I would seriously save and weigh out all options when planning where to fly out of and where to stay. Thanks to them I am back in Dublin working full-time after University!