Internships in Dublin, Ireland
Stint Ireland participants Stint Ireland participants

Internships in Dublin, Ireland

Great 2 months!

I spent 8 weeks of my summer interning through Stint and I absolutely loved it! I wanted to learn and gain research experience, while having time to travel and sightsee abroad, and Stint provided the opportunity to do all of that! My specific internship was in a chemistry lab and was a great match for me- it will be great on my future resume's, too. I worked through the week and was able to spend each weekend traveling around Ireland. The Stint administration is super helpful and planned several trips for all of the Stinters. My stint house was in a great location (close to the city centre) and was very updated. I'm terrible with directions but I found Dublin very easy to navigate, and the Stint team was always available if we needed help or tips. Overall, my time in Ireland flew by! I'll miss the scenery, the cafe's, and the donuts.

Life changing experience!

I came to Stint as part of a plan for a career change and it is the best thing I did! I cannot thank Stint enough for the opportunity and opening my eyes to new possibilities that were not available to me back home.

The organisation was top notch, I was kept fully informed every step of the way and my internship was such an excellent fit for me. The housing is great, very comfortable and convenient. The team at Stint are all friendly and helpful and I will certainly miss Dublin. My 2 months here were amazing and I will go home newly inspired to make positive changes in my life and career. The program fee is a bit on the steep side but the experience has been worth it.

I will remember my time in Dublin (and hope to return soon) as an experience that has changed me for the better and has provided me with invaluable experiences, contacts and knowledge. Thanks to my internship at Extreme Ireland/Irish Day Tours, I have travelled all over the beautiful country of Ireland. I have seen landscapes that have amazed and inspired me. As a writer, Ireland is a country filled with inspiration. I highly recommend Stint Ireland!

Irish adventures

My 10 weeks internship abroad has been nothing short of amazing and eye opening experience. I definitely did not have any regret for rejecting the local internship offer I received back home, a year and a half ago and decided to wait for another year for this internship in Dublin.

After almost a month, Dublin feels more like home to me. The people - from co - workers, bus drivers, shopkeepers to the janitors - everyone is friendly ! Even the cashier at Spar could play around, cracked jokes with me while waiting for me to take out some cash on one of the beautiful days I had here.

I have an amazing supervisor who does not mind to guide me whenever I went clueless. She is somewhat strict but also caring about her employees. My co - workers too, have been helpful.

Oh Stint Ireland Team and the crews (housemates) ? They are a bunch of cool people ! I'd never want to trade them with anyone else.

I'll definitely miss the wonderful time here, the hustle and bustle of Dublin, the scenic Howth and Bray, amazing architecture of Newgrange, the breezy Hill of Tara, magnificent scenery of Killarney and Dingle, the breathtaking scenery at Carrick a - rede - Rope Bridge that is located along the Northern Ireland causeway, the majestic Giant's Causeway, the spectacular Cliffs of Moher, the beautiful town of Tipperary and Cork, and last but never the least, the weird 'not so Irish, not so English, not so European' Belfast. Ireland, tá tú uamhnach ! I'd love to come back to this second home of mine in few years time :)

Great Craic in Dublin (architecture internship)

I spent 5 months in Dublin, from September 2016 to January 2017, and the experience was everything that I expected it to be, and more!

My first emails/skype call with the Stint team confirmed that it was the program for me : they were very friendly, understanding and reassuring (I wasn’t particularly afraid of living abroad, but being a non-native English speaker, I wasn’t 100% confident that my English was good enough). They found the perfect work placement for me in an architecture firm, and made sure that I was happy with it before, during and after the internship. My colleagues turned out to be amazing and I learned a lot!

I was a bit anxious about the housing before I left : the rent was REALLY expensive (Dublin being on of the most expensive cities in Europe, rent-wise) and I had never lived with 7 people before. The rent was (and is), indeed, expensive, but : the location couldn’t be much more better (15-20 minutes walk from the city centre) ; a cleaning lady came weekly and everything we needed was provided (fast internet, washing machine/dryer, kitchen utensils…).

A few of my housemates and I still had to face three stressful situations with our housing : somebody broke into our first house and stole a laptop that had been left on the kitchen table ; we had to move house in the middle of my stay because the landlady decided to sell, with a short notice ; we struggled with the heating/hot water for a few weeks in the new house in November (the hot water cylinder was apparently not big enough for 8 people). Even if it wasn’t Stint’s fault, we wished that they solved the heating problem faster, and that they offered us some kind of compensation (it was cold in November) (and again, the rent is very expensive).

Apart from this unfortunate events, I had a wonderful time with my housemates, and this is also what I was expecting with this program : a sens of community/family away from home. The minute you step into your new house, you know you will be surrounded by people that want the same thing as you : explore the city, go out, go on a day tour/weekend trip, talk about your day while cooking dinner, etc.

Stint was very helpful at every step of the way, even though I’m fairly independent/self-sufficient. I really liked going to the Stint office, because the team is lovely, truly concerned about your well-being and passionate about what they do.
Thank you Melanie, Jeffrey, Philip, and especially Seana and Aoife!

Internship in Dublin

I really enjoyed my time in Dublin with Stint. They were very helpful with finding a placement and placing me in their accommodation. I met some amazing people from around the world whom I intend to keep in touch with! Stint as an organisation was overall very good and reliable, however I do feel that the program is vastly overpriced for what you get; they did not seem open to deducting any money for people coming from within the EU (who do not need immigration documents and such) which I felt was a bit unreasonable as a lot of their clients are students with tight budgets. Apart from this, I do not have any other concerns about the program- they are very friendly and are willing to be there for you if you need help with any part of your internship and the accommodation is very nice as well. I would recommend this program to others.

Unforgettable summer in Dublin

I traveled to Dublin with STINT Ireland and it was the best decision I've ever made. The program coordinators were extremely helpful and friendly and made the process of getting to Ireland very pain free. While in Ireland, there were so many different opportunities to see the city. There is stuff to do for everyone, like Guinness factory tours, pub crawls, art museums, history tours, and plenty of shops to go exploring in. Meeting all the other students in the STINT program as well as the other students at my internship left me with new friendships and great memories that will stay with me forever. Not to mention the landscapes in Ireland are breathtaking and will be very hard to ever forget.

A grand experience

I honestly believe Ireland has shaped a bit of my being, and that a bit of my heart will always find it's home here. There is something magical about being able to find your away around a city like Dublin, full of it's red brick buildings, pubs, and bridges. You can be approached by a tourist in a way that makes you feel like you at least LOOK as though you know what you're doing, and be asked for directions, and be able to almost confidently give them. You learn to walk a certain way, carrying the gait and pace of a Dubliner. When you see a street, you learn to go with the Irish flow, walking as the crowds carry you along all the other workers with mostly musical lilted voices, talking about the weather or the football match. There is a sense of disembodiment, for surely, a place can't have this much character and be real? A city can't be so pretty and full of life in every step. There is nothing more wonderful than listening to the Script as you rush to work in the freezing rain, or being caught in a light downpour which abates to a double rainbow. Or walking back at night from Whelan's in a drizzle, clutching your wool sweater to you. There will be nothing, nothing, like gazing down from the cliffs on the Giant Causeway and feeling the power of the earth beneath you. Or embracing the nerdy spirit and donning a cloak for a Game of Thrones tour. Even sitting by the channel or watching the ducks bumble along in St. Stephen's green is a memory to treasure. I can now say that I've kayaked the Liffey and climbed mountains. I've seen castles and Causeways, waterfalls and rivers, history and the vivacity of life. I have been lucky enough to go to work everyday in an Animation Studio with the kindest most heartwarming people, and be more than a coffee girl. I have gotten to live my animation dream in a country I wish I could exist in everyday until the end of all days. I can honestly say that Ireland is my home, and Dublin is now my city. I have created art in one of the most magical places on this planet, and I count myself so lucky that it can't quite be put to words. But it was good craic, that's for sure! And by golly, it was grand.

Dublin internship

My summer in Dublin has easily been the best summer of my life! The Stint team is amazing at working with you to find an internship placement that is right for you, and then continue to be with you every step of the way during your time here. They plan lots of awesome trips for the weekends that you can (and should, because they're awesome!) attend, and are always readily available if you have any issues. If you're looking to work abroad, Stint is definitely the way to go!

My first trip abroad

The entire Stint family was absolutely amazing, they provided me with a warm welcome as soon as I arrived in Dublin. They were also very helpful anytime problems occurred, both personal and internship related. Planned weekend trips and weekly gatherings for dinner or pints were always great fun. My stint house was very nice and had a great setup, I had an amazing, unforgettable experience with my fellow Stinters.

Travel while you work

STINT is an absolutely amazing third party provider between students and Dublin companies. I was able to get a marketing internship through STINT with a tour company and was able to travel as part of my job. It made for a very memorable summer. I will say that the program and rent for housing are a bit steep for someone earning no income while abroad, but for a few months its not so bad. The lovely people who work for STINT are very accommodating to your needs. Being in a house with 9 others, you're bound to find at least one life-long friend.

If you're not already in love with Ireland, prepare to fall. Hard.

Civil engineering internship

Interning through Stint was such a great decision. I interned at the Dublin Institute of Technology and I loved every minute of it. My boss was nice and was helpful and made sure I was getting the most out of my internship. I did not want to leave Ireland at the end.

Design internship

This program was amazing! From the way they helped with culture shock, to fixing any problems that pop up to planning fun trips for the group. This was the best summer of my life and I wouldn't recommend any other agency. They are some of the best people you will ever meet, and I have made so many lifetime friends because of them.

Sustainability internship in Ireland

Using Stint for my internship was probably the best decision I could have made. As a first time international traveler, it really helped to have the Stint team available for anything I needed and to offer support. It also helped a lot to have a group of people in the same house as me that were also in a similar situation. I would definitely recommend Stint to anyone looking to intern or take a gap year in Ireland.

First step to becoming a world traveler

This program is perfect for first time travelers! They do all the heavy lifting and all you have to do is book the flights. They help you find a suitable internship that will give you a great experience. The housing is very nice and is centrally located and close to city center. They schedule different outings with discounts to see all of Ireland and even some other European countries! I highly recommend this program for students who want an amazing experience with minimal effort!

Best summer ever

I found this program randomly and I am so happy that I did. The application process was so simple and straightforward. I was placed in an internship 3 months before getting to Dublin making it easy to prepare for it. I was placed at the Dublin City Library and Archive and it was absolutely the best place to work. They made sure to place me in an internship that I would actually enjoy, which was extremely beneficial because I loved going to work each day.

Stint did an awesome job at making sure I was settled in my first day. They gave us a map, a nice water bottle, lists to the nearest grocery store and shops, and provided us with information about health and safety. They also made sure I arrived at the house safely and paid for my transportation (which was an amazing taxi driver who gave me history of the city and showed me the major landmarks). Stint also made sure to give me my work address and help me find it before my first day of work. I worked only a 20 minute walk away and every day it gave me a chance to see the city and learn my way around.

The house was WAY better than anything I could've imagined. It was in a very safe neighborhood near a grocery store, pubs, shopping, basically everything I would've wanted. The kitchen was super nice with all top notch appliances, a beautiful patio/garden with lawn furniture, an outdoor grill, washer and drier, and very nice furniture. My roommate and I even had our own bathroom with a bathtub. I liked that there was a housekeeper who came in once a week to switch out towels and bedding, along with vacuum and general cleaning. Unlike other programs, Stint gave us more independence in our living situations compared to being in a college dorm style. They were there if we needed them but we were treated as adults and not hovered over. As someone who has lived in an apartment alone, it was nice to have independence. I also liked not having a meal plan or anything because it saved me so much money.

The Stint team was very good at replying if there was a problem at the house. At one point our hot water wasn't working, but Melanie came right away to fix the issue and explained how to fix it if it were to go out again. If we needed anything, they were always there to help even if it was just wanting someone to grab a pint with. I turned 23 while in Dublin and I received a special birthday cake from the stint team and it was great to know that someone remembered while I was abroad.

Despite there being 5 houses spread out throughout Dublin, it was very easy to meet others. Each week, there is a meet up at one a local pubs that is so much fun! It gave us all a chance to meet one another. They also made sure to give us information about trips that they planned. Trips to Kraków in Poland, southwest Ireland, concerts, festivals, Cliffs of Moher are just to name a few that they have organized within Dublin, within Ireland, and all over Europe.

Stint Ireland was the greatest decision I could've made about choosing to study abroad. I wish I could've stayed longer.

Journey of adventure

I have enjoyed my time here in Ireland. I have travelled and met many new people and learned parts of a wonderful culture. Although I have yet to start my internship due to unforeseen events. I would say my experience with this is a good learning experience for future interns who also need vetting certification.(maybe faxing the paperwork to be filled before arrival). Overall my experience has been enjoyable.

Just go!

I would definitely book with Stint if I had to do it all over again! From when I first contacted them to now that I'm almost done in Dublin I've been in contact with the same person (Yay Aoife!) who answered all my questions and concerns. The people at Stint know my name and face personally so I'm not just another random student when I talk to them or need something. They are all (like everyone in Ireland) so nice it's crazy.
My internship is with a nonprofit in the fundraising department which is perfect since I'm studying nonprofit management. Aoife gave me 5 or 6 different internship options before I chose one because the first 3 or 4 weren't right for me and 1 didn't fit my timetable.
The other highlight of coming to Dublin with Stint was the social activities they organised. There's five different houses full of Stint interns so it's hard to get to know everyone without organised activities so Stint organises them for us. There's a weekly meetup at a pub, we've gone kayaking, to music festivals and also on larger trips around Ireland and to other countries.

Great experience

I didn't even consider studying or interning abroad! But after applying through my school Stint really set me up a challenging but rewarding internship. I interned at ECOVIS BBT In Dublin, it was a great internship but a lot of independence and challenging work. I do wish they had a system where someone applying could say what their living and visitor preferences are for the house. I was living with girls who were on gap year and they didn't work as much as I did. I worked 9 to 5 Monday through Friday. So, sometimes they would throw a party on a Wednesday and I had to go to work the next day. BUT despite that, the Stint Ireland staff is really interested in making sure you have a great experience!

An impeccable summer in Ireland

Participating in Stint Ireland has been an incredible experience. The program is directed by the kindest and most helpful people, who are always available to answer any questions or solve any problems. Stint organizes both local and weekend-long activities for all of its participants, which are varied in interest so there is something for everyone to do. Participants are housed in beautiful homes scattered across the city, where 10 or so fellow STINTers all live, travel, go out, relax and become good friends together. STINT is able to find internships that suit the interests of all it's participants. Overall, interning in Ireland has been an incredible experience, and I would recommend Stint Ireland to all of my friends!

Public health research intern with the national family support network

I knew that I wanted to work with Stint as soon as I saw their program from my home institution's website. Although I was not placed until 3 weeks before I left (eek! But it wasn't from lack of trying on STINT's part) I found that all the problems I had before coming were instantly cancelled out from the moment I arrived. I have been placed with the best internship (sorry everyone else), found the best living situation and found some pretty amazing friends that I will be in contact with for forever. So although I had a pretty bumpy start to this adventure it has turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. Go with STINT!

Therapeutic horse back riding internship in Bray Co. Wicklow

I wouldn't trade my experience with STINT for the world! If it weren't for STINT I wouldn't of had the experience of a lifetime. Not only was I one of the youngest interns but I also was the first to do an internship in therapeutic horseback riding, but my internship was also located about 40 minutes away from Dublin. STINT helped me to achieve my dreams and to make my stay enjoyable by connecting me with other interns, different activities, and they organize some pretty amazing trips. I recommend traveling and interning abroad to anyone and everyone that I get the chance to meet.

Stint in Dublin spring 2016

My entire experience was a positive one (even if I did lose my wallet in Rome)! From long before I arrived in Dublin, I felt well taken care of and the Stint team continued that feeling of support the entire time I was there. Participants are kept in contact with and while they're spread out in a few houses now, Stint organizes weekly meet-ups as well as trips out of the city to give participants the chance to interact with each other. I was fortunate enough to have a houseful of people I got along with and really had the chance to make friends with individuals I would've never met otherwise. My internship was the perfect fit and I thoroughly enjoyed every day as well as the people I was able to work with. Because I was in Dublin, I was able to travel fairly easily to other parts of Europe. The first being the Stint organized trip to Rome- everything from our accommodations to our guide was great, and when I realized my wallet was missing, the Stint team helped by fronting me some funds to tie me over until my new cards arrived. I really appreciated the support in a trying time like that! I was also able to visit Scotland, Denmark, and Germany and expand my love for foreign cultures and feed my travel bug. I'm indebted to Stint Ireland and the team working there for all their guidance, support, and above all helping me achieve a dream of living abroad.

Agriculture Internship with the University College of Dublin

When I first started looking for an internship I was extremely hesitant about using a program like this because it was mostly over emails (although I did talk to Aoife a couple times before on the phone) and I had no idea what was happening on the other side and I always prefer to do things on my own, but I am VERY happy I went with these guys.
I absolutely love Melanie (and Elvis), Aoife and Jeffery. I interned with UCD Maize research professor, but was exposed to so much more. I was soon helping other masters and Ph. D students with their research trials, which included being in the Rusitec to weighing sheep, pigs and weekly rumen collection from dairy cows. Even though I had zero animal experience I loved it all. Everyone at UCD was wonderful and very willing to teach me the basics on their research animals and about their trials. My internship also exposed to me to the different agriculture practices that are not normally practiced in Canada, and the different grazing mixtures for farm animals.

Being at the the Lyons Research Farm meant that I was to live outside of Dublin. Although my accommodation wasn't bad (I was with students from the research farm), but because I was outside the Stint houses (Which were amazing!), I had an hour bus ride to get to Dublin. This was only inconvenient when I had to get groceries or wanted to do a day trip or something on the weekend. My only recommendation would be to stay in the Stint houses in Dublin. With my internship though, it would have been more inconvenient for me to stay in Dublin so I was literally a 5 min drive from where I worked and I carpooled with the other students in the house.

Aoife, Melanie and Jeffery were probably the best part of my trip. I had regular contact with them and they were more than willing to offer up ideas or suggestions for things to do on the weekend. They always try to get everyone together and to make sure you know what is going on in dublin for events. For example, this week we are going to have thanksgiving! I always looked forward to my meetings with Aoife. She has a wonderful personality and was always willing to help me.They provided me with that base so I didn't have to worry about where I was going to live or where I was going to intern. They were absolutely wonderful and I would recommend Stint to anyone interning in Ireland.

Dental Internship

I had an internship position at one of the best private clinics in Dublin for just over three months (July to October 2015) organised by Stint Ireland. Couldn't have found a better placement or better people to work with as a newly qualified dentist. Stint are truly professional to deal with as I gave them a really short application time period and they came back with several offers which I could choose from.

I came to Ireland with my parents so I did not stay in Stint lodgings, instead we rented our own place in Milltown. Aoife (pronounced EEE-FAH!) from Stint was in regular contact with me and the clinic where I worked to see how things were going and whether both sides were happy. The Irish people are some of the friendliest people ever, no religious or racial discrimination at all (so to any future Stinters no need to worry), so polite and hospitable - I couldn't say enough positives about the Irish! The people at work were easy-going and good-natured, always included me in everything.

If you are a first time traveller I think Stint should be the first company to look at and Dublin a great destination to choose; a taxi picks you up from the airport to take you to your lodgings, a smartphone is given to you (which you can keep after you leave) with a local sim card and useful maps/brochures, Stint organizes travel insurance for you, option of shared Stint lodgings (didn't stay there so cannot review that), continuous contact with you and the company where you work, one-on-one monthly meetings with Aoife, Melanie & Jeffery (staff members), most importantly the welcoming and approachable Irish. Stint also plan nights out to pubs or restaurants or concerts/musicals along with weekend away trips (national and international) via Facebook; I never went on any outings with other Stinters since I came with family and we planned our own trips. Stint even sent me flowers on my 22nd birthday - a lovely surprise!

Best advice would be to use Google Maps, couldn't live without it and get a Leap Card (prepaid public transport card available at most major supermarkts), download the Dublin Bus Real Time app & get prepaid mobile internet data package so you don't get lost around Dublin! Bring comfortable footwear - there will be walking to do along with a mini fold-able umbrella as it rains regardless of the season!

The perfect Stint in Ireland

After my first initial contact with Stint Ireland I knew that I wanted to find an internship through them. They were very hospitable and it was clear that their priority was finding an internship that would be the best fit for me. On top of that they also wanted to ensure that I was able to see and enjoy Dublin and Ireland while there. Before arriving in Dublin, you receive a packet with information about landing in the airport, where to meet your taxi, the shops and restaurants near by, and life in Dublin. Stint Ireland provides housing in great locations that are within walking distance of the city center. The housing is great and gives you a space you can call home as well as an instant friend base. Stint staff check in often to hear about how the internship is going and see if there is anything more they can do. The community of staff and other interns ensures constant support. Arrangements are made for get togethers and trips with all the "Stinters" and all "Stinters" receive discounts on any Extreme Irelands tours. I was tremendously happy with my Stint Ireland experience and highly recommend to anyone who wants to work and experience life abroad.