Internships in Dublin, Ireland
Stint Ireland participants Stint Ireland participants

Internships in Dublin, Ireland

Great 2 months!

I spent 8 weeks of my summer interning through Stint and I absolutely loved it! I wanted to learn and gain research experience, while having time to travel and sightsee abroad, and Stint provided the opportunity to do all of that! My specific internship was in a chemistry lab and was a great match for me- it will be great on my future resume's, too. I worked through the week and was able to spend each weekend traveling around Ireland. The Stint administration is super helpful and planned several trips for all of the Stinters. My stint house was in a great location (close to the city centre) and was very updated. I'm terrible with directions but I found Dublin very easy to navigate, and the Stint team was always available if we needed help or tips. Overall, my time in Ireland flew by! I'll miss the scenery, the cafe's, and the donuts.

Life changing experience!

I came to Stint as part of a plan for a career change and it is the best thing I did! I cannot thank Stint enough for the opportunity and opening my eyes to new possibilities that were not available to me back home.

The organisation was top notch, I was kept fully informed every step of the way and my internship was such an excellent fit for me. The housing is great, very comfortable and convenient. The team at Stint are all friendly and helpful and I will certainly miss Dublin. My 2 months here were amazing and I will go home newly inspired to make positive changes in my life and career. The program fee is a bit on the steep side but the experience has been worth it.

I will remember my time in Dublin (and hope to return soon) as an experience that has changed me for the better and has provided me with invaluable experiences, contacts and knowledge. Thanks to my internship at Extreme Ireland/Irish Day Tours, I have travelled all over the beautiful country of Ireland. I have seen landscapes that have amazed and inspired me. As a writer, Ireland is a country filled with inspiration. I highly recommend Stint Ireland!

Irish adventures

My 10 weeks internship abroad has been nothing short of amazing and eye opening experience. I definitely did not have any regret for rejecting the local internship offer I received back home, a year and a half ago and decided to wait for another year for this internship in Dublin.

After almost a month, Dublin feels more like home to me. The people - from co - workers, bus drivers, shopkeepers to the janitors - everyone is friendly ! Even the cashier at Spar could play around, cracked jokes with me while waiting for me to take out some cash on one of the beautiful days I had here.

I have an amazing supervisor who does not mind to guide me whenever I went clueless. She is somewhat strict but also caring about her employees. My co - workers too, have been helpful.

Oh Stint Ireland Team and the crews (housemates) ? They are a bunch of cool people ! I'd never want to trade them with anyone else.

I'll definitely miss the wonderful time here, the hustle and bustle of Dublin, the scenic Howth and Bray, amazing architecture of Newgrange, the breezy Hill of Tara, magnificent scenery of Killarney and Dingle, the breathtaking scenery at Carrick a - rede - Rope Bridge that is located along the Northern Ireland causeway, the majestic Giant's Causeway, the spectacular Cliffs of Moher, the beautiful town of Tipperary and Cork, and last but never the least, the weird 'not so Irish, not so English, not so European' Belfast. Ireland, tá tú uamhnach ! I'd love to come back to this second home of mine in few years time :)

Unforgettable summer in Dublin

I traveled to Dublin with STINT Ireland and it was the best decision I've ever made. The program coordinators were extremely helpful and friendly and made the process of getting to Ireland very pain free. While in Ireland, there were so many different opportunities to see the city. There is stuff to do for everyone, like Guinness factory tours, pub crawls, art museums, history tours, and plenty of shops to go exploring in. Meeting all the other students in the STINT program as well as the other students at my internship left me with new friendships and great memories that will stay with me forever. Not to mention the landscapes in Ireland are breathtaking and will be very hard to ever forget.

A grand experience

I honestly believe Ireland has shaped a bit of my being, and that a bit of my heart will always find it's home here. There is something magical about being able to find your away around a city like Dublin, full of it's red brick buildings, pubs, and bridges. You can be approached by a tourist in a way that makes you feel like you at least LOOK as though you know what you're doing, and be asked for directions, and be able to almost confidently give them. You learn to walk a certain way, carrying the gait and pace of a Dubliner. When you see a street, you learn to go with the Irish flow, walking as the crowds carry you along all the other workers with mostly musical lilted voices, talking about the weather or the football match. There is a sense of disembodiment, for surely, a place can't have this much character and be real? A city can't be so pretty and full of life in every step. There is nothing more wonderful than listening to the Script as you rush to work in the freezing rain, or being caught in a light downpour which abates to a double rainbow. Or walking back at night from Whelan's in a drizzle, clutching your wool sweater to you. There will be nothing, nothing, like gazing down from the cliffs on the Giant Causeway and feeling the power of the earth beneath you. Or embracing the nerdy spirit and donning a cloak for a Game of Thrones tour. Even sitting by the channel or watching the ducks bumble along in St. Stephen's green is a memory to treasure. I can now say that I've kayaked the Liffey and climbed mountains. I've seen castles and Causeways, waterfalls and rivers, history and the vivacity of life. I have been lucky enough to go to work everyday in an Animation Studio with the kindest most heartwarming people, and be more than a coffee girl. I have gotten to live my animation dream in a country I wish I could exist in everyday until the end of all days. I can honestly say that Ireland is my home, and Dublin is now my city. I have created art in one of the most magical places on this planet, and I count myself so lucky that it can't quite be put to words. But it was good craic, that's for sure! And by golly, it was grand.

Dublin internship

My summer in Dublin has easily been the best summer of my life! The Stint team is amazing at working with you to find an internship placement that is right for you, and then continue to be with you every step of the way during your time here. They plan lots of awesome trips for the weekends that you can (and should, because they're awesome!) attend, and are always readily available if you have any issues. If you're looking to work abroad, Stint is definitely the way to go!

Civil engineering internship

Interning through Stint was such a great decision. I interned at the Dublin Institute of Technology and I loved every minute of it. My boss was nice and was helpful and made sure I was getting the most out of my internship. I did not want to leave Ireland at the end.

Design internship

This program was amazing! From the way they helped with culture shock, to fixing any problems that pop up to planning fun trips for the group. This was the best summer of my life and I wouldn't recommend any other agency. They are some of the best people you will ever meet, and I have made so many lifetime friends because of them.

Best summer ever

I found this program randomly and I am so happy that I did. The application process was so simple and straightforward. I was placed in an internship 3 months before getting to Dublin making it easy to prepare for it. I was placed at the Dublin City Library and Archive and it was absolutely the best place to work. They made sure to place me in an internship that I would actually enjoy, which was extremely beneficial because I loved going to work each day.

Stint did an awesome job at making sure I was settled in my first day. They gave us a map, a nice water bottle, lists to the nearest grocery store and shops, and provided us with information about health and safety. They also made sure I arrived at the house safely and paid for my transportation (which was an amazing taxi driver who gave me history of the city and showed me the major landmarks). Stint also made sure to give me my work address and help me find it before my first day of work. I worked only a 20 minute walk away and every day it gave me a chance to see the city and learn my way around.

The house was WAY better than anything I could've imagined. It was in a very safe neighborhood near a grocery store, pubs, shopping, basically everything I would've wanted. The kitchen was super nice with all top notch appliances, a beautiful patio/garden with lawn furniture, an outdoor grill, washer and drier, and very nice furniture. My roommate and I even had our own bathroom with a bathtub. I liked that there was a housekeeper who came in once a week to switch out towels and bedding, along with vacuum and general cleaning. Unlike other programs, Stint gave us more independence in our living situations compared to being in a college dorm style. They were there if we needed them but we were treated as adults and not hovered over. As someone who has lived in an apartment alone, it was nice to have independence. I also liked not having a meal plan or anything because it saved me so much money.

The Stint team was very good at replying if there was a problem at the house. At one point our hot water wasn't working, but Melanie came right away to fix the issue and explained how to fix it if it were to go out again. If we needed anything, they were always there to help even if it was just wanting someone to grab a pint with. I turned 23 while in Dublin and I received a special birthday cake from the stint team and it was great to know that someone remembered while I was abroad.

Despite there being 5 houses spread out throughout Dublin, it was very easy to meet others. Each week, there is a meet up at one a local pubs that is so much fun! It gave us all a chance to meet one another. They also made sure to give us information about trips that they planned. Trips to Kraków in Poland, southwest Ireland, concerts, festivals, Cliffs of Moher are just to name a few that they have organized within Dublin, within Ireland, and all over Europe.

Stint Ireland was the greatest decision I could've made about choosing to study abroad. I wish I could've stayed longer.

An impeccable summer in Ireland

Participating in Stint Ireland has been an incredible experience. The program is directed by the kindest and most helpful people, who are always available to answer any questions or solve any problems. Stint organizes both local and weekend-long activities for all of its participants, which are varied in interest so there is something for everyone to do. Participants are housed in beautiful homes scattered across the city, where 10 or so fellow STINTers all live, travel, go out, relax and become good friends together. STINT is able to find internships that suit the interests of all it's participants. Overall, interning in Ireland has been an incredible experience, and I would recommend Stint Ireland to all of my friends!

Public health research intern with the national family support network

I knew that I wanted to work with Stint as soon as I saw their program from my home institution's website. Although I was not placed until 3 weeks before I left (eek! But it wasn't from lack of trying on STINT's part) I found that all the problems I had before coming were instantly cancelled out from the moment I arrived. I have been placed with the best internship (sorry everyone else), found the best living situation and found some pretty amazing friends that I will be in contact with for forever. So although I had a pretty bumpy start to this adventure it has turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. Go with STINT!

Therapeutic horse back riding internship in Bray Co. Wicklow

I wouldn't trade my experience with STINT for the world! If it weren't for STINT I wouldn't of had the experience of a lifetime. Not only was I one of the youngest interns but I also was the first to do an internship in therapeutic horseback riding, but my internship was also located about 40 minutes away from Dublin. STINT helped me to achieve my dreams and to make my stay enjoyable by connecting me with other interns, different activities, and they organize some pretty amazing trips. I recommend traveling and interning abroad to anyone and everyone that I get the chance to meet.

Stint in Dublin spring 2016

My entire experience was a positive one (even if I did lose my wallet in Rome)! From long before I arrived in Dublin, I felt well taken care of and the Stint team continued that feeling of support the entire time I was there. Participants are kept in contact with and while they're spread out in a few houses now, Stint organizes weekly meet-ups as well as trips out of the city to give participants the chance to interact with each other. I was fortunate enough to have a houseful of people I got along with and really had the chance to make friends with individuals I would've never met otherwise. My internship was the perfect fit and I thoroughly enjoyed every day as well as the people I was able to work with. Because I was in Dublin, I was able to travel fairly easily to other parts of Europe. The first being the Stint organized trip to Rome- everything from our accommodations to our guide was great, and when I realized my wallet was missing, the Stint team helped by fronting me some funds to tie me over until my new cards arrived. I really appreciated the support in a trying time like that! I was also able to visit Scotland, Denmark, and Germany and expand my love for foreign cultures and feed my travel bug. I'm indebted to Stint Ireland and the team working there for all their guidance, support, and above all helping me achieve a dream of living abroad.

Agriculture Internship with the University College of Dublin

When I first started looking for an internship I was extremely hesitant about using a program like this because it was mostly over emails (although I did talk to Aoife a couple times before on the phone) and I had no idea what was happening on the other side and I always prefer to do things on my own, but I am VERY happy I went with these guys.
I absolutely love Melanie (and Elvis), Aoife and Jeffery. I interned with UCD Maize research professor, but was exposed to so much more. I was soon helping other masters and Ph. D students with their research trials, which included being in the Rusitec to weighing sheep, pigs and weekly rumen collection from dairy cows. Even though I had zero animal experience I loved it all. Everyone at UCD was wonderful and very willing to teach me the basics on their research animals and about their trials. My internship also exposed to me to the different agriculture practices that are not normally practiced in Canada, and the different grazing mixtures for farm animals.

Being at the the Lyons Research Farm meant that I was to live outside of Dublin. Although my accommodation wasn't bad (I was with students from the research farm), but because I was outside the Stint houses (Which were amazing!), I had an hour bus ride to get to Dublin. This was only inconvenient when I had to get groceries or wanted to do a day trip or something on the weekend. My only recommendation would be to stay in the Stint houses in Dublin. With my internship though, it would have been more inconvenient for me to stay in Dublin so I was literally a 5 min drive from where I worked and I carpooled with the other students in the house.

Aoife, Melanie and Jeffery were probably the best part of my trip. I had regular contact with them and they were more than willing to offer up ideas or suggestions for things to do on the weekend. They always try to get everyone together and to make sure you know what is going on in dublin for events. For example, this week we are going to have thanksgiving! I always looked forward to my meetings with Aoife. She has a wonderful personality and was always willing to help me.They provided me with that base so I didn't have to worry about where I was going to live or where I was going to intern. They were absolutely wonderful and I would recommend Stint to anyone interning in Ireland.

Dental Internship

I had an internship position at one of the best private clinics in Dublin for just over three months (July to October 2015) organised by Stint Ireland. Couldn't have found a better placement or better people to work with as a newly qualified dentist. Stint are truly professional to deal with as I gave them a really short application time period and they came back with several offers which I could choose from.

I came to Ireland with my parents so I did not stay in Stint lodgings, instead we rented our own place in Milltown. Aoife (pronounced EEE-FAH!) from Stint was in regular contact with me and the clinic where I worked to see how things were going and whether both sides were happy. The Irish people are some of the friendliest people ever, no religious or racial discrimination at all (so to any future Stinters no need to worry), so polite and hospitable - I couldn't say enough positives about the Irish! The people at work were easy-going and good-natured, always included me in everything.

If you are a first time traveller I think Stint should be the first company to look at and Dublin a great destination to choose; a taxi picks you up from the airport to take you to your lodgings, a smartphone is given to you (which you can keep after you leave) with a local sim card and useful maps/brochures, Stint organizes travel insurance for you, option of shared Stint lodgings (didn't stay there so cannot review that), continuous contact with you and the company where you work, one-on-one monthly meetings with Aoife, Melanie & Jeffery (staff members), most importantly the welcoming and approachable Irish. Stint also plan nights out to pubs or restaurants or concerts/musicals along with weekend away trips (national and international) via Facebook; I never went on any outings with other Stinters since I came with family and we planned our own trips. Stint even sent me flowers on my 22nd birthday - a lovely surprise!

Best advice would be to use Google Maps, couldn't live without it and get a Leap Card (prepaid public transport card available at most major supermarkts), download the Dublin Bus Real Time app & get prepaid mobile internet data package so you don't get lost around Dublin! Bring comfortable footwear - there will be walking to do along with a mini fold-able umbrella as it rains regardless of the season!

Summer of a Lifetime

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to go to Ireland. Once I got to college, I expected to study abroad, but after changing my major late in the game, I realized if I wanted to graduate on time, I would not be able to study abroad. For my program, however, I needed an internship to graduate so I started looking into possibly still fulfilling my dream of being in Ireland. This is where Stint Ireland comes in. After glancing at their website for about 2 minutes, I was sold. I soon applied, and began the process of finding that dream internship. I could not have asked for a better experience with Stint. They were so helpful and encouraging along the way, always promptly getting back to me with new leads or answering any questions. After my first interview with Common Purpose, I accepted my internship! Working with Common Purpose changed my life. Stint Ireland could not have found me a more perfect internship, as they truly understood what I wanted. Besides my internship, I met fellow Stint interns who have become lifelong travel partners and genuine friends. After I returned to the States, I was ready to head back to the country that stole my heart from day 1. Working with Stint was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

Fun in minimal amounts of sun!

My internship experience in Dublin was absolutely incredible. Applying through Stint allowed me to feel comfortable moving to an entirely new country. I didn't have the added stress about finding somewhere to live or getting lost, or being completely alone in a new society. The transition was very smooth and it was nice to have people to turn to if ever I needed anything. Regarding my internship itself, I feel that I learned a lot, and was able to effectively contribute my skills to the team at Monster Entertainment. I've definitely gained a lot more confidence in myself and I'm able to be more decisive about certain life choices. Ireland feels like a second home now, and I can't wait to go back.
Thanks Melanie, Aoife and Jeffrey for a kick-ass three months. Until next time!

3 months in dublin

great time in Ireland, even the weather was perfect! Met amazing people, learnt new cultures and improved the language! Internship in Buttonbox has been one of the most excitimg experience of my life: my boss, Dermot, very nice! Everything perfect!

Amazing

My 3 months experience in Ireland has been absolutely wonderful. I had a good internship with lovely people, I also enjoyed so much living in my house with other eight guys from all over the world.
I recommend it to everyone who want to work and have fun in a beautiful country.

Civil Engineering Internship

I know finding a civil engineering/ construction internship can be a different and difficult task; but when I would die to come back, I know Stint did an unbelievable job. I worked for GMC Utilities Group on the extension of the LUAS (tram). I worked both in the office and on-site being exposed to both the management and site-engineer sides of the project. I learned from numerous experienced engineers. The people with the company could not have been a better fit for me.

As far as Stint, the program itself goes, they made me feel comfortable in Dublin right from the start. I was given information on anything I needed. This included how to get around the city, where to go at night, where to eat, what to see and the list goes on. Stint takes you in personally and likes to get to know you. This made them different in fact that they care not only to find you the right internship but that you have an experience of a lifetime in Ireland. The people who join Stint or are in the company itself, are just awesome people all around. The experience changed my view of what my future holds; I want to get out there an experience many different cultures and places.

Researching Coastal Health in Ireland

My time with Stint Ireland and the Coastwatch organization was incredible. While my friends back home were stuck studying in the library or working, I was spending my weeks scanning the beautiful coastlines of Ireland, and conducting valuable research on ecosystem health and citizen science. My experience in Ireland was one of the best and more rewarding experiences I have ever had, and this is in part thanks to the great group at Stint Ireland. Without their support, my internship would not have been possible. Dublin is a wonderful place to work and visit, and I hope that this past summer is not my last time in the Emerald Isle!

STINT Experience

I was fast approaching Summer here in Ireland when end of year assignments and exams were catching up on me. After many fail failed attempts and no replies from companies about internships I contacted Stint after finding them online. After a few emails and a phones conversation Stint were able to find exactly what I was looking for in an internship and found me my ideal internship in the Irish Heart Foundation. They provided the time, skills and professionalism I did not have secure an internship.

As well as my internship going extremely well, Stint regularly contacted me to see how I was getting on, as well as a few coffee meetings to catch up. Stint also provided alot of events and activities for all their interns, which I regret not getting involved in more. I couldn't recommend Stint anymore for helping secure internships here in Ireland as well as giving international interns a great taste of the Irish culture.

Internship

Stint Ireland is a wonderful organization staffed by the most incredible people. Not only did they help me find a last-minute internship that provided me with lots of excellent opportunities, but they also cared about me as an individual. Overall, I believe the program is very engaging, and I would definitely recommend Stint to anyone searching for an overseas internship.

One very happy intern

Interested in doing an internship in Dublin and unsure which programme to go through? Well hands down I can say the experience with Stint Ireland was the best I've ever had. Brace yourself, this is going to be an all praise review because truthfully there's nothing bad to say about this programme. Although I could go on, I'll sum it in 3 main points that we all worry about. Efficiency, Accuracy and Experience!

Efficiency: From the get go, the initial process was smooth sailing not to mention efficient! Within days of sending an enquiry to intern in Dublin I had a reply from the director, Mel mentioning all the steps needed to proceed. (Lovely woman by the way) Within a month Stint Ireland had organised an internship that met all the requirements needed and requested. All that was needed was my response and next thing you know I was only a plane to Dublin! Prior to even boarding the plane, the team kept me in the loop about contacting companies for internships as well as accommodation arrangements. They never left you hanging.

Accuracy: My internship was right on the money. I applied to do a photojournalism internship and man the opportunities were endless. They planted me right in the city and I was able to network with so many local businesses and exercise my skills in several projects.

Experience: Well, this one can go on for a while because you can do alot in 3 months. Firstly, the hospitality of Stint Ireland incredible. They organise transport for your arrival into Ireland and then take you through almost an orientation giving you information of the city, places to eat, shop, and help with transport. They even show you how to get to your internship on the first day so you don't get lost! That's commitment! Secondly, they went above and beyond ensuring our stay was comfortable. If we were ever unsure about anything (and this is even stuff unrelated to the internship) they were happy to help. Thirdly, social events were always organised to keep all the interns connected so you didn't feel lonely in a new city. It's not only a great way to meet new people but also to explore what the city has to offer from a local point of view.

Sorry about the long winded review but that was even summarised. All in all, Stint Ireland is a great programme and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking to intern short term or long term.

Event Management Intern

The Stint team has been absolutely incredible! They went above and beyond to make sure the other interns and I were getting along okay. Stint made my time transition into Ireland so smooth, and acted as a reference point my entire time I was there. I highly recommend interning with Stint Ireland!