Study Abroad & Spanish Immersion in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sol Education Abroad participants Sol Education Abroad participants

Study Abroad & Spanish Immersion in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Sol study abroad

I loved everything about studying abroad with Sol! My experience was so positive and fulfilled every expectation I had for this study abroad trip. If I every study abroad again, it will most definitely be through the Sol Program.

Excellent opportunity!

I had a wonderful study abroad experience with SOL Education! The price was great and a lot of fun excursions/activities were included in the cost. Everyone was so friendly and willing to help. I would love to study abroad through this company again!

Overall a great program!

This program for the cost is definitely worth it! The excursions and cultural activities are awesome and interesting. The only critique I have is for there to be more opportunities to be immersed with locals.

Sol Argentina program

I really enjoyed my time in Argentina with Sol Education Abroad. They did a good job of immersing you in the culture while also making sure you learned a great deal. I was never bored and there is always something new to learn.

One of the best trips of my life

I was skeptical at first because I did not know anyone else going on this trip and my Spanish was not great, but SOL really makes an effort to help all levels of Spanish speakers and they will never make you feel like you are lost. You are also with a group the whole time which makes making friends a lot easier and more fun! I absolutely loved all of the fun places we toured but I also enjoyed that we were given a lot of free time to explore these places further. It is also easy to get around Buenos Aires to go back to these places if you feel like you wanted more time at one of these sites. Also I was super nervous about my home stay, but in the end I had 2 great host moms, and I felt safe in both of my homes. Looking back I just wish my second host family would have been in a different neighborhood since it was far from all of the fun things to do for my age. Overall though this trip has made a huge impact in my life and I will forever remember this experience and all the people I met along the way! If you're even questioning it a little bit, go for it, you will not regret it! If you do go, please eat lots of dulce de leche for me, and dance your heart out all night/morning long at the discotecas! Enjoy!!

Life-changing experience

As cliche as it sounds, studying abroad in Argentina was truly a life-changing experience and one of the best decisions I have ever made. Sol Education Abroad was a great program that was not only affordable but also provided cultural activities and crucial in-country support.

Sol Education Abroad- Argentina

I enjoyed my overall experience in Buenos Aires, and my Spanish improved significantly. The classes I took for the Spanish for Healthcare program did not at all follow the syllabus I was given before the trip, and I learned very little in the classes. The cultural activities are excellent, although there are too many for a summer program. Overall I would reccommend Sol, but not the program for Healthcare.

Grateful

I had an amazing experience studying abroad. Not only did I have an awesome teacher and great group of classmates, the directors made it so that we enjoyed the beauty of the cultures, both Argentinian and Uruguayan.

Argentina winter 2015-16

Loved it, it was amazing and an incredible experience. My host family was very welcoming and extremely helpful with anything I needed. My Spanish improved significantly and I learned so much about the Argentine culture. I highly recommend this program!

Buenos Aires experience

My program was nothing short of incredible. I would go back in a heartbeat. I did the spanish immersion program, so I was in Buenos Aires for a total of 5 months. It was a the perfect amount of time abroad, long enough to really immerse yourself in the culture and enjoy your time there but short enough that the homesickness wasn't horrible. The school was good, they offered interesting classes and the professors were good. I loved all of the cultural activities we did as well as our excursions. Raul was an experienced and ran the program very well. However, the highlight of my trip though was my host mom. She really made my experience what it was. Even though she didn't speak any english, it turned out to be great because it really forced me to use my spanish. She was a wonderful teacher and really felt like a second (Argentine) mom. I definitely felt like compared to the rest of the programs in Buenos Aires with us, we got the most out of our program. I would highly recommend SOL to any students wanting to do a spanish emersion program.

Best experience of my life

I cannot say enough about this trip. I came in with high expectations and by the end of all they were all shattered. This trip was as close to perfect as it could get for me. Not even halfway through my trip I realized that what I was experiencing was something great and that I would miss it all from the school, people, friends, host mom, social life, culture immersion, life lessons, and freedom. This truly was a life altering experience.

A semester in Buenos Aires

I spent my semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina and I had an amazing experience. I had previously traveled to Argentina a few years prior to this trip, however it was much more brief and I was not in the capital city. I would not trade this experience for anything. The program, administrators, and overall experience were all fantastic. The university was close to my homestay which made getting to classes every day easy and relatively quick for it being a big city. The program directors were always involved and were so helpful in making this a comfortable transition.

The Argentina experience

I could talk forever about my experience but I'll try to keep it short. I loved Argentina and I would go back in a heartbeat. Buenos Aires is an amazing city with no shortage of things to do. My host mom really made my time there incredible. She and I still keep in touch and without a doubt, I can say that I wouldn't of enjoyed my trip as much as I.

Buenos Aires through the eyes of a farmboy

What can I say about Buenos Aires. It's huge, it's beautiful, and the people are nicer than most people I have met in the USA. SOL's program is great, and I do not think there is a better program for the price. I can honestly say this trip changed my life and made me realize that past everything, people are not really that different, some just have different culture and language. As someone who was born in rural Indiana and never traveled further than Ohio, living in Buenos Aires for 4 months was like being thrown into the hornet's nest, but in a good way. It showed me multiple different perspectives of view and made me become self-reliant. On top of all this, every time I use Spanish now I have that slight porteño accent and use "che" and "boludo," which is always a conversation starter. This was one of those experiences where there truly are not words to describe it; the only thing I can do is recommend it wholeheartedly.

My Sol family

This program created a community and family-feel that amazing and quite an accomplishment to achieve for students who are in a totally new country. The staff and meticulous organization and care they provide you on the program surpassed expectations and has no comparison to other companies! Love Sol!

Buenos Aires experience

I had a wonderful experience with Sol Education Abroad. The program was very clear. The program adviser, Raul de la Mano, was excellent. I had tears in my eyes saying goodbye to him. It would be helpful if he was a little more tech savvy, as occasionally contacting him was troublesome. But nothing major, and it caused little problems. My host family was wonderful. I full on cried leaving them! Academia was a great school and I love their system. I would have liked to see how I was being graded however. I got B's when I expected A's. I feel that most of my grading was done by only one of my teachers who had me for only two weeks. It seems that it is largely up to their opinion of you that you are graded. There is no way for me to know if I am being graded fairly or consistently. As for safety, we were given plenty of warnings about pickpockets, but we were not warned about the Subte (subway). I and my Sol-mate were inappropriately touched by a man, and neither of us were prepared for this possibility and we did not know what to do while in the situation. Social life was enjoyable for some but not as much for me, as most of the students there were under the US drinking age and only wanted to go to clubs and bars at 2 in the morning to take advantage of the 18 year drinking age in Argentina. I enjoyed shopping with my host mom. The cultural immersion was a great experience and I learned so much. I would have learned more had my Sol-mates agreed to speaking in Spanish with each other. They were against it. I enjoyed the freedom and the scheduled activities. There was a good mix of the two. Overall it was wonderful, and I would recommend it and Raul and Beatriz to anyone!

Best experience of my life

Without a doubt in my mind studying abroad to Buenos Aires, Argentina with Sol was the greatest experience of my life. I am also convinced that Sol is one of the better programs if not the best program to travel abroad with. Sol provided me with everything I needed and even more. Not only is Sol one of the cheapest programs but they also give you more experiences and help than some of the other more expensive programs. There is also a sense of friendship and family with Sol that your program director will help create.

Go Argentina

The Sol Education Abroad program is a solid program. The experience is priceless and offers a wide array of cultural activities and excursions. This is a program that you will glad to be included in. Excellent, professional staff, along with fun and education, make this a study abroad program that is well worth it!

Study abroad success with Sol Study Abroad

I absolutely loved every part of my experience in Buenos Aires, Argentina with SOL study abroad!!! It was worth every second. I would highly recommend this opportunity to anyone, and I would gladly share the many experiences I had abroad that will forever enrich my life.

Don't cry for me, Argentina!

I could not recommend this program more. I was so incredibly pleased with the SOL staff and organization of the program. During my time here, I met students that used many different study abroad programs. I can easily say that SOL is by far the best because of all of the opportunities it has to offer outside of the classroom. I was in Argentina for only 5 weeks rather than a semester, but I did not miss out on any experiences that semester students have. I was so pleased with all of the excursions that SOL had to offer and this contributed to my learning immensely. I cannot say for sure if Argentina cried for me when I left, but I definitely cried for Argentina. This was a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and I am incredibly grateful that I did it with SOL.

Buenos Aires Intensive Spanish Language program

Best experience of my life. So much fun, so many adventures, and so many amazing friends. Didn't love the way the program ran in BA, disorganized and I never felt well informed. Cultural activities that were promised were not followed through with.

Experience of a lifetime

Studying abroad is the best way to figure yourself out in a deeper level. You are forced to leave your comfort zone and attain a new sense of perception of the world we live in today. You make new lifelong friends and network all around the globe! I may be back in the States now but I am already planning to visit new friends in Italy for my next trip.

Sol Education gave me an opportunity to experience studying abroad in Buenos Aires unforgettable. Raul, our director, took care of us in a manner where we were able to emerge ourselves in the Argentine culture with no great diffuclty. He gave us great advices (such as purchasing a Sube card which is SUPER useful for transportation) in how to survive and meet new friends in a city we have no idea about. I love Raul!! And Sol Education!!

Food, Friends and Fun

Doing a study abroad semester in Argentina with Sol Education was an unforgettable experience. The fun started right away and never ended. I met some of the most amazing and friendly people who I shared the opportunity of eating the most delicious steak and Italian influenced cuisine. Argentina was like nowhere else and had a little of everything you could ever imagine.

Buenos Aires!

I had a really great time exploring the beautiful city, taking classes and learning about the culture. I liked the freedom we had, but also enjoyed the organized excursions to specific places. Mate Club was a great way to practice speaking to locals. The directors were always there for whatever I needed.

Argentina: The trip you couldn't even imagine!

Key points
The academics of this program were most definitely intensive, we covered more in a day than I would have in a month at school back home, the teachers were there to help, as long as you asked in spanish! :)
My program leader had all of us program his number into our phones immediately when we arrived, and could be at any place at any time if a student needed help. If there was a smaller issue a quick text away was a quick and helpful answer.
I LOVED! my homestay! I will admit at first I wanted my own place when I saw it was an option, I have everyone to thank for not letting me do that! My house mother was the nicest woman ive ever met and was there for me and my three roommates at any given time. Yes, that even means getting spoon fed chicken noodle soup on a sick day off school! The house was in a great location and incredibly comfortable. A home away from home.
I am the pickiest eater of them all, so a 5 star sounds impossible but the food blew my tastebuds away! the home meals, the resturants/local food, and yes even the school food. I never once went a day not feeling completely stuffed.
After living in any city for a month you start to feel integrated, I knew my way around subways and buses and the major neighborhoods of the city by the time I was done! No help necessary. The language barrier was the only reason I couldn't quite ever feel too welcomed. Besides that I now feel as I wouldnt mind living there as a local one day and I could talk about the culture for hours, as it is so different from my own.
One day I felt very sick, feverish and just too weak to get to school. Without even having to notify my housemother who spoke no english, she realized I was not well and kept me in bed all day giving me proper medications after asking if I was allergic to anything. We made the good call to wait until the end of the day to head to the doctor and lucky for me whatever I was given helped enough and I was good to go by the next day with no doctor needed, and my program director and parents were already notified of my illness before I even got the chance to do it myself.
I almost never felt unsafe. I had a safe wonderful trip but the only thing to watch out for was pickpocketers, a couple kids on the trip had items taken in common public places without noticing for a while.
The school more than prepared me, the only thing they did not do was tell me how to not be so excited! Not a bad thing at all :)