Study Abroad & Spanish Immersion in Oaxaca, Mexico

1. Home
  2. Providers
  3. Sol Education Abroad
  4. Study Abroad & Spanish Immersion in Oaxaca, Mexico

Learn Spanish in the fascinating colonial city of Oaxaca, Mexico. A land of snow-capped peaks, expansive deserts, cool cloud forests, and the beauty of two coastlines, the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, Mexico is truly one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Explore indigenous villages and stroll through colonial cities with their welcoming plazas and inspiring architecture. Discover the ancient past of the per-Hispanic cultures, such as the Maya and the Aztec, still alive today. Mexico is a perfect destination to study Spanish and explore a unique Latin American country.

Learn Spanish in the fascinating colonial city of Oaxaca. Experience the charms of this highland locale surrounded by lush mountains and indigenous villages. Oaxaca is an ideal location for language immersion and exploring the per-Hispanic past of the area. The friendly people of Oaxaca possess an unmatched hospitality.

Program Highlights

Program Reviews

Most Recent
×

Such a great learning and exploring experience!

June 9, 2018

Studying abroad with Sol in Oaxaca was such an amazing experience! It is a full immersion program so even over the course of 4 weeks my Spanish-speaking abilities developed immensely. All of the excursions were so fun, unique, and informative. The directors were so sweet and available all the time. They truly wanted to know who we were, not just make sure we did what we were supposed to. I had a better experience with the teachers at UABJO than I even had at my home university! If you are looking for a unique and awesome study abroad experience I highly recommend going to Oaxaca, Mexico with Sol Education!

A native abroad

February 18, 2018

Living and Studying in Oaxaca, Mexico was a great way for me to connect with another culture while simultaneously reconnecting with my own. Not only did I perfect my Spanish, I also had the opportunity to learn Zapoteco and study the history of indigenous peoples throughout Mexico and the Southwestern United States. As a person of half Navajo descent, I saw many similarities between Oaxacan culture and my own. Even the indigenous languages like Zapoteco, Mixteco, and Nahuatl all seemed to have a connection to my mother's first language. My host family helped me a lot throughout my stay, and I have already re-visited them, and plan on visiting again soon.

BEST TIME OF MY LIFE

January 31, 2018

This is honestly the best program out there for studying abroad. I recommend Oaxaca, Mexico because of several reasons: Mexico is the United states neighbor (there fore it is very relevant to study abroad there and get to know the culture, regardless of what the current president thinks).Sol education is cheap(er) than other programs. You the best bang for your buck; including housing, excursions, food and classes. The program is very easy to work with and offers you actual Spanish classes that will transfer over to your college without a problem. Mexico is beautiful, enormous and very historical and the education you will get is very prestigious. Do not let the fear that is portrayed in the news sway you from choosing this program.

Amazing program! definitely recommend

January 26, 2018

I loved Mexico! My Spanish is a lot better I came in barely being able to under stand and now I am conversational! Great community! Great people! Everyone in Mexico is so nice! The professors are amazing!

I don't consider myself emotional but leaving Oaxaca was pretty sad!

January 20, 2018

SOL education gave me more than I expected. I enjoyed every minute of this trip, I didn't want it to end. I learned so much about the Spanish culture in three weeks! I love everything the program planned and I currently miss my host mom. I loved their food and home environment. It is worth every penny!

Oaxaca, Mexico

January 19, 2018

This is a great program if you want to learn Spanish quickly. There are many locals who love to help you practice and classrooms are more about learning than a grade, which relieves pressure and you're able to take everything in.

So many things to do, see, and learn. Amazing location, amazing food, amazing culture. Especially great for the closed minded and conservatives, you'll get to know so many beautiful things about Mexico, people, and the World here!

Directors are awesome. Would definitely do this program again and come back on my own as well!

Oaxaca, Mexico

January 11, 2018

I had a wonderful experience on this trip. I learned so much about the Spanish culture, custom, food, and history. The host family was the most challenging, but most rewarding, learning experience. :)

Amazing!

January 10, 2018

I loved Oaxaca. Hands down one of the best experiences of my life. The food is incredible, the people are kind, the culture is rich, and everything is very affordable! Sol does a great job of facilitating true immersion and being available for whatever issues might arise.

Program Details

Transcript

Gallery

Related Programs

Study Abroad & Spanish Immersion in Heredia, Costa Rica

Learn Spanish in Costa Rica, one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Discover a country of friendly people and breathtaking scenery. The mountainous landscape is dotted with volcanoes, cascading ...

Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad in Granada, Spain

Learn Spanish in one of the most ancient and diverse cities in Spain-- Granada! Spain is a country of fascinating diversity, visible in its people, its countryside, and its profound history. The variety of ...

Study Abroad & Spanish Immersion in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Learn Spanish in the most fascinating country in South America! This vast South American country is home to landscapes ranging from the wild and remote Patagonia in the south to the lively, legendary city of ...