Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad in Granada, Spain
Sol Education Abroad participants Sol Education Abroad participants

Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad in Granada, Spain

SOL study abroad

I had a great overall experience with SOL! They were so kind and welcoming to us! Getting to experience the Spanish culture and language was something I will always cherish! Truly a life changing experience!

Pequeños momentos, grandes recuerdos

I am overjoyed and full of gratitude for the opportunity to study and live with SolAbroad. I am glad Sol was my first cultural plunge and I found the program to be a safe, comfortable, adventurous, and educational alternative to lifestyle immersion. The host family I lived with (Hola, Loles and Nico!!) was incredible and I enjoyed every second spent with them. The excursions were likewise amazing and my SolMates even more so. I loved the fact that there were 25 of us Americans all around the same age who put ourselves in the situation to push our boundaries and test our confidences. I had a really great time here. Check out San Nicolas Mirador and the Parque de Las Ciencias. Buen viaje y buena suerte!

SOLmates

The program by Sol Education Abroad, was the best decision I have made thus far. Studying abroad opens up so many windows for you. This experience will change your life. The group I was with was the best group I could have wished for, I will forever be grateful for my time here. I had never thought about wanting to study abroad in Granada, I wanted a bigger city (more known) but Granada was the best thing that could have happened to me. I feel like it will always be a home away from home now. I am proud to be ¨from Granada!¨

SOLmates4life

I wouldn´t want to spend my study abroad with anyone else. SOL Education Abroad provided amazing cultural experiences, intriguing classes, and a family of students and directors I was so sad to leave!

Sol summer 2017

I would definitely recommend SOL for many students who are interested in learning about the Spanish culture and language. You definitely get your money´s worth! Compared to other programs, I was able to take two courses for the price of one INCLUDING homestay, activities and food.

Sol Education Abroad

I would 100% recommend studying abroad with SOL! This program was very organized and planned amazing cultural activities and excursions to keep us busy throughout our trip. I made great friends that I know I will keep in touch with beyond the program. Overall, SOL made it super easy to explore Granada and have the experience of a lifetime!

My time in Granada

My time in Granada has been a dream. The teachers, students, locals, everything has been a blast. The teachers here really interact and teach you until everybody in the class knows it. My teachers made school so interesting and fun that I wanted to be there everyday to soak up everything that they had to teach me! The Spanish culture itself is already so amazing but actually being apart of it and being able to get to experience these things was amazing. My host family was very sweet and I felt welcomed and at home the second I arrived. I have learned so much Spanish and have made so many international friends, I cannot wait to come back again one day. I wouldnt change a thing about this program and would do it a million more times if I could.

Amazing intensive and immersion program in Granada, Spain!

I would highly recommend Sol in Granada to everyone! I LOVED MY HOST FAMILY!! Clara was the sweetest host mom you could ever ask for. With 15 years of hosting experience, she knows exactly how to make her students feel comfortable and right at home with delicious food and great company. My classes were taught by experienced college professors. The classes were small enough that each student gets to practice speaking in class. The program is also jam packed with fascinating excursions that made sure you learn about the culture and the people in this beautiful city. I truly did not want to leave after the program!

Five star trip!!

My first experience traveling outside of the United States has been so much more amazing than I ever could have hoped! My host family spoke only Spanish, forcing me to practice speaking and understanding the Spanish dialect a lot while also learning about the Spanish lifestyle by actually living it. I have tried a countless amount of new foods here and have gained a whole new appreciation for olive oil. We´ve seen beaches, mountains, small historical towns and the booming city life in Madrid. This program was very organized, varied, and immersive, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially new travelers!

Granada, Spain, Summer 2017

My study abroad experience took place in the summer of 2017 in Granada, Spain. The entire experience was great and truly eye-opening. In the past, I have traveled around the world with my family for vacations, but this particular trip was unlike anything I had experienced before. From beginning to end, whether studying or exploring, the study abroad trip was amazing.

The first few hours in Spain were a little bit shocking, due to the language barrier and new surroundings, but I was immediately mesmerized by the city of Granada and the beauty that it presented. Throughout the trip, not only did I feel like I could depend on the other students and the professors for guidance and support, but I felt the same about the Sol Education staff. Our group's Sol director, Miguel Pinto, plus the rest of the Sol staff, were always available to lend their support or give assistance whenever or wherever needed. I am grateful for all the work that everyone did to make sure our group had a safe, fun, and successful trip abroad.

We were able to see and visit so many beautiful places in Granada and the Andalucia area. Although the summer heat was difficult to endure sometimes, the sights and views of Albaicín, Sierra Nevada, La Alhambra, Sevilla, Córdoba, plus many others, were completely worth the long hikes and sweat.

I want to encourage students to take the opportunity to study abroad, whenever possible, because I do believe it is a great experience to have. To other students, I would suggest researching your abroad city before your departure date to find interesting or fun places to go on some of your free days. Or, ask your host family for suggestions and learn what they enjoy doing in their city.

And, overall, enjoy yourself. The most important thing I feel like I can say is to not be afraid to explore. I believe there is great importance in traveling, especially when there is an opportunity to not only discover a new culture, but also yourself through learning and interacting, or even just observing. Whether you're a student going out to participate in a cultural activity with your abroad group, or just a person going to walk the streets of your new, temporary home, you should always take time to absorb and appreciate whatever surrounds you. It seems there is never enough time to learn and to enjoy what stands in front of you, so fully experience every moment you have.

Granada, Spain

I had the best month of my life while living in Granada! I wish I could've stayed longer than just a month! Sol Education did an excellent job of planning fun cultural activities and excursions. I met amazing new friends, ate great food, and learned a lot of Spanish. After returning to the United States, I have decided to double major in Communication and Spanish. I feel like living in Granada allowed me to become confident in speaking the language and my trip has driven me to want to become completely fluent.

YOLO tour

This trip was incredible, I learned about so many things. During this trip, I really did improve my Spanish. Some things I liked about this program are the varieties of cultural activities and how Spanish classes are short and the lessons only explained in Spanish. But I did have some trouble with my host family, especially the mom, she wasn't´t really welcoming and she didn't´t have a good attitude at me and my roommate. Other than that, my experience was fantastic, I really enjoyed it a lot!

Spain

it was beautiful place and the site that you go too are awesome and they food are so great but the place that we went to there were background to it and there were just very helpful for us to understand on what happened in the moment in time when there were rulers in there country.

they were every helpful on telling us what will being doing for the pass 3 weeks in Spain and where they took us were very beautiful places that we went and some places that we went to there were history around the place that we went to

Lovely

this trip has helped me learn a lot about Spanish and Spain. i really loved how everyone was nice and caring. i enjoyed the experience and hope to come back again. future students will enjoy this because the excursions are very entertaining as well as immersive. i have never experience such an amazing trip with people that i can trust and care about. The home stay helped me learn that i have a great Spanish speaking potential and that i will speak more at home.

Granada SOL experience

My experience with SOL Education in Granada Spain was incredible. If a student is looking for a program to study abroad through, SOL is a great option. The directors are so helpful, so accessible, and do everything they can to make sure you have a good experience. The program organization is very simple and easy to follow from the application process to the last day in Spain. I have never felt worried or like I did not have a strong support system from my program. The host families that SOL has are also amazing. My host mother was so kind and did so much for us- from what they are asked of in terms of housing, cleaning, and food to answering any random questions I had, giving me advice on where to go and what to see, and showing me parts of her life that added to my overall cultural experience. The classes that I was able to take were great learning experiences too and the opportunities abound for language exchanges created an amazing environment for learning Spanish.

The time that SOL basically saved my life haha

I honestly would not have had the same experience that I had if it had not been for SOL. I had a hard time getting to Granada and it was a day full of many tears and a lot of Anxiety, and that was for a normal person, but in my situation included no phone service, lost bags (even my carry on that was checked for free), and no money (because I thought my money had been in my carryon that was checked). Eduvirgen was the SOL director that came to my rescue and even met me outside my hostal at 9:30 at night just to make sure that I was okay. Then when I was very sick, German accompanied me to the medical center to make sure that everything went smoothly. He even lent me money for the medications that I had not enough cash on me at the moment for. Edu and German and Miguel made SOL and Granada a home away from home and I could not have asked for a better group to be with these last 5 months. If it had not been for Edu, I honestly might have turned around and went back home to the US and if it were not for German, I would probably still be dying of sickness because I would have been too worried about how to work the medical center. And if it had not been for the cultural activities that the program provides, I would not know as much about Spain or Granada specifically, that I do now because of them. I thought SOLmates was cheesy at first, but now I could not agree more.

No pasa nada, me encanta Granada

I loved Spain so much and that was all thanks to my amazing program directors, friends, host family, professors and all of the wonderful people I met while in Granada. I have learned a lot about Spanish while here, but more importantly, I have learned a lot about myself. I can't describe how much this has all meant to me, but I know I have changed for the better because of this experience.

Granada is the best city in Spain

Granada is the most beautiful city in all of Spain, and SOL is the perfect program! It is the perfect mix of traveling, fun, and super interesting classes with amazing teachers. This will be the best semester you will every have!

Amazing program

This program and city was truly an amazing experience. I got to study in a city that had so much night life but also so much Spanish culture. The directors were so amazing, they help you with everything and they are a grand time. You get to so the beauty of Spain and learn the language in an immersive way.

Best experience of my life

I had such a great time studying in Granada, Spain. I would highly recommend SOL because the directors were great and very helpful. The program was a great cost for what I received. There were plenty of opportunities to immerse myself in the culture and meet new people. I have no regrets. 10/10 would recommend.

Review of Granada, Spain- spring semester

The Granada program was definitely one that I would recommend. Everything about it was great. The academics, the host family, the cultural immersion, and the overall atmosphere of the city was magnificent. All of the cultural immersion activities were worth it, although I did not attend the horse back riding. My program directors were one of the best, and they knew what they were doing when shit hit the fan with me and my roommate. they knew what to do and how to handle it. I am forever thankful for the friendships and experiences that I have made here. Studying abroad has taught me so much more than spanish. it has taught me to be confident in who I am, to be the bigger person, to do what i want to do, to chase after what I dream of doing and to always hold on tight to the relationships you have made. I am coming away from this program, knowing that I have grown so much and can fully say that i have found myself while being here. i am forever grateful for this experience.

Sol Education - Granada

My experience studying abroad with Sol Education in Granada, Spain was amazing! I had so much fun, learned a lot, and now I have many memories to last me a lifetime! Not to mention I have the ability to communicate with people in Spanish, which is what I came here for. I would not say that I am perfect at speaking spanish, but I know enough to communicate. I could not have chosen a more perfect location either! Granada is the perfect size, and a great place to fully immerse yourself because not as many people will try to speak to you in English. It is also beautiful! I would highly recommend this program!

Granada with Sol

Granada, Spain is a beautiful city. The majority of the people here only speak spanish, so it is a wonderful place to study abroad and really learn the language. The city is small enough to feel very comfortable and homey, but large enough so that you´ll never be bored! There is so much culture here, and the Sol program takes you on a ton of activities that help you explore and learn about the city and surrounding areas. The Centro de Lenguas Modernas is also a great school to learn spanish, with options between intensive classes, and cultural classes that are fun and really helpful in spanish learning. I would highly recommend both Sol Study Abroad and Granada as a place to study and learn spanish, meet new friends, and have a great cultural experience.

Just go!

If you're reading this, the idea to study abroad is at least in the back of your mind. The best advice I can give is to "just do it". Don't question it. Make it happen. SOL Education Abroad gave me the experience of a life time. A semester full of mind opening travels, amazing new friends, and an experience in a different culture. I am so so so grateful for everything I got from my study abroad with SOL and I wouldn't trade a second of it.

Sol study abroad, spring 2016 Granada

SOL exceeded my every expectation from the moment I arrived in Granada. Studying abroad was a life changing experience that I would not change for anything and SOL made that possible! I would highly recommend this program because everything from my host family to my classes was fantastic.