Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad in Granada, Spain
Sol Education Abroad participants Sol Education Abroad participants

Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad in Granada, Spain

YOLO Tour

This trip was incredible, I learned about so many things. During this trip, I really did improve my spanish. Some things I liked about this program are the varities of cultural activities and how spanish classes are short and the lessons only explained in spanish. But I did have some trouble with my host family, especially the mom, she wasn´t really welcoming and she didn´t have a good attitude at me and my roomate. Other than that, my experence was fantastic, I really enjoyed it a lot!

Granada 2017

This trip was very nice. Great food, great atmosphere, wonderful people, and great safety. I had a very nice host family. They didn't get in my space too much, but still took care of me. It was overall a very nice trip. 10/10.

spain

there were many ideas and background to place and very beatiful spot that looks over spain and the measues that we went to very helpful for us because they were talking about the rulers and how they were commanders of the spain rulers

Sol Abroad 2017

Granada was very nice, and so was Madrid. The activities were truly unique and very engaging. The food was wonderful at each and every meal. Our host family was very kind and not in our space too much. Very good trip. Overall a 10/10.

spain

it was beautiful place and the site that you go too are ansome and they food are so great but the place that we went to there were background to it and there were just very helpful for us to understand on what happend in the moment in time when there were rulers in there country

spain

they were every helpful on telling us what will being doing for the pass 3 weeks in spain and where they took us were very beautiful places that we went and some places that we went to there were histroy around the place that we went to

Granada 2017 Review

The atmosphere was very nice. The experiences were definitely one of a kind and very fun to experience. Granada was very nice. Our host family was very friendly and was not in our space too much. Overall I quite enjoyed the trip. 10/10

Lovely

this trip has helpèd me learn alot about spanish and spain. i really loved how everyone was nice and caring. i enjoyed the experience and hope to come back again. future students will enjoy this because the excursions are very entertaining as well as immersive. i have never experience such an amazing trip with people that i can trust and care about. The home stay helped me learn that i have a great spanish speaking potential and that i will speak more at home.

Granada SOL experience

My experience with SOL Education in Granada Spain was incredible. If a student is looking for a program to study abroad through, SOL is a great option. The directors are so helpful, so accessible, and do everything they can to make sure you have a good experience. The program organization is very simple and easy to follow from the application process to the last day in Spain. I have never felt worried or like I did not have a strong support system from my program. The host families that SOL has are also amazing. My host mother was so kind and did so much for us- from what they are asked of in terms of housing, cleaning, and food to answering any random questions I had, giving me advice on where to go and what to see, and showing me parts of her life that added to my overall cultural experience. The classes that I was able to take were great learning experiences too and the opportunities abound for language exchanges created an amazing environment for learning Spanish.

The time that SOL basically saved my life haha

I honestly would not have had the same experience that I had if it had not been for SOL. I had a hard time getting to Granada and it was a day full of many tears and a lot of Anxiety, and that was for a normal person, but in my situation included no phone service, lost bags (even my carry on that was checked for free), and no money (because I thought my money had been in my carryon that was checked). Eduvirgen was the SOL director that came to my rescue and even met me outside my hostal at 9:30 at night just to make sure that I was okay. Then when I was very sick, German accompanied me to the medical center to make sure that everything went smoothly. He even lent me money for the medications that I had not enough cash on me at the moment for. Edu and German and Miguel made SOL and Granada a home away from home and I could not have asked for a better group to be with these last 5 months. If it had not been for Edu, I honestly might have turned around and went back home to the US and if it were not for German, I would probably still be dying of sickness because I would have been too worried about how to work the medical center. And if it had not been for the cultural activities that the program provides, I would not know as much about Spain or Granada specifically, that I do now because of them. I thought SOLmates was cheesy at first, but now I could not agree more.

No pasa nada, me encanta Granada

I loved Spain so much and that was all thanks to my amazing program directors, friends, host family, professors and all of the wonderful people I met while in Granada. I have learned a lot about Spanish while here, but more importantly, I have learned a lot about myself. I can't describe how much this has all meant to me, but I know I have changed for the better because of this experience.

Granada is the best city in Spain

Granada is the most beautiful city in all of Spain, and SOL is the perfect program! It is the perfect mix of traveling, fun, and super interesting classes with amazing teachers. This will be the best semester you will every have!

Amazing program

This program and city was truly an amazing experience. I got to study in a city that had so much night life but also so much Spanish culture. The directors were so amazing, they help you with everything and they are a grand time. You get to so the beauty of Spain and learn the language in an immersive way.

Best experience of my life

I had such a great time studying in Granada, Spain. I would highly recommend SOL because the directors were great and very helpful. The program was a great cost for what I received. There were plenty of opportunities to immerse myself in the culture and meet new people. I have no regrets. 10/10 would recommend.

Review of Granada, Spain- spring semester

The Granada program was definitely one that I would recommend. Everything about it was great. The academics, the host family, the cultural immersion, and the overall atmosphere of the city was magnificent. All of the cultural immersion activities were worth it, although I did not attend the horse back riding. My program directors were one of the best, and they knew what they were doing when shit hit the fan with me and my roommate. they knew what to do and how to handle it. I am forever thankful for the friendships and experiences that I have made here. Studying abroad has taught me so much more than spanish. it has taught me to be confident in who I am, to be the bigger person, to do what i want to do, to chase after what I dream of doing and to always hold on tight to the relationships you have made. I am coming away from this program, knowing that I have grown so much and can fully say that i have found myself while being here. i am forever grateful for this experience.

Sol Education - Granada

My experience studying abroad with Sol Education in Granada, Spain was amazing! I had so much fun, learned a lot, and now I have many memories to last me a lifetime! Not to mention I have the ability to communicate with people in Spanish, which is what I came here for. I would not say that I am perfect at speaking spanish, but I know enough to communicate. I could not have chosen a more perfect location either! Granada is the perfect size, and a great place to fully immerse yourself because not as many people will try to speak to you in English. It is also beautiful! I would highly recommend this program!

Granada with Sol

Granada, Spain is a beautiful city. The majority of the people here only speak spanish, so it is a wonderful place to study abroad and really learn the language. The city is small enough to feel very comfortable and homey, but large enough so that you´ll never be bored! There is so much culture here, and the Sol program takes you on a ton of activities that help you explore and learn about the city and surrounding areas. The Centro de Lenguas Modernas is also a great school to learn spanish, with options between intensive classes, and cultural classes that are fun and really helpful in spanish learning. I would highly recommend both Sol Study Abroad and Granada as a place to study and learn spanish, meet new friends, and have a great cultural experience.

Just go!

If you're reading this, the idea to study abroad is at least in the back of your mind. The best advice I can give is to "just do it". Don't question it. Make it happen. SOL Education Abroad gave me the experience of a life time. A semester full of mind opening travels, amazing new friends, and an experience in a different culture. I am so so so grateful for everything I got from my study abroad with SOL and I wouldn't trade a second of it.

Sol study abroad, spring 2016 Granada

SOL exceeded my every expectation from the moment I arrived in Granada. Studying abroad was a life changing experience that I would not change for anything and SOL made that possible! I would highly recommend this program because everything from my host family to my classes was fantastic.

My time in Granada

I was required to do a study abroad as part of my degree plan for my major. I knew I wanted to go to Europe and study Spanish. This left me with one choice, Spain. I began the research process to determine which program best suited me and my needs and also which programs had the best reviews. I did not know that much about the study abroad process and was a little anxious to say the least. I decided to attend the study abroad fair at my university, which is where I first came across SOL. I talked with the representative for a few minutes and he intrigued my interest in the program. I also reached out to a family member who had done a study abroad the previous summer to Costa Rica with SOL. My cousin had travelled with SOL and had nothing except excellent things to say about her experience overall. I did some more intensive research into SOL and came to the decision that SOL met what I was looking for financially and as an overall program. I applied and immediately the main office in Austin reached out to me to help me through the pre-travel steps. The customer service was excellent and it did everything to make my experience a great one. I called the main office several times throughout that Spring semester before I left, asking for help on various things such as course preferences and those set of paper we had to fill out with host family information and everything. The SOL representatives would always answer my questions quickly and even went as far as to provide their own advice on how they did their study abroad. There is only one thing that really bothered me about the whole experience, but looking back on the study abroad I agree with the process one hundred percent. What bothered me is that I was just thrown on a plane and was told that I would be met in Granada by the SOL director there, German. I travelled for about a day and a half; I am lucky that I have been travelling in international airports since I was fourteen so I was not uncomfortable, but not comfortable. It was like being thrown into a completely new world with no guidance for a minute. I arrived in Granada and German was at the airport with Taxis to take us to our host families. I had been warned that the host families did not speak English, but I had hoped for them to have a knowledge of the language. This was not the case. I arrived at the house, jet lagged and dirty, to a host mother who was trying to kiss me and we had just met. It was a culture shock and it made me feel very uncomfortable. I had been to Spain before, but this was completely different. I was not visiting Spain as a tourist, I was living there as an honorary citizen. I was thrust into this new world where I had no clue what the social norms were, and this bothered me at the time. As a reminisce on the experience, this complete culture shock and immersion is exactly what I needed. In about a week I had figured out the main part of Granada and was even venturing to the non-central parts of the city. My confidence in a foreign country was growing and I felt more at home everyday. I was lucky to have so many people from Texas A&M there as well, it was a nice sense of home. I did not realize just how much I had grown as a person until we made the weekend trip to Seville and Cordoba. We were touring the castle in Seville and I told our director that I was going to the restroom before we left. He looked at me right in the eye and said, "Vaya que estas bien." I was not even gone two minutes and they had left me behind. I came back to an empty courtyard and had only one thought, "Is the Starbucks still open?" I had been left behind and all I thought about was some hot chocolate, even though it was about ninety five degrees outside. Two and half weeks before that trip, and I probably would have freaked out and been on the verge of panicking. Instead I was completely comfortable with my surroundings and found wifi at Starbucks to determine where I was in relation to the hotel. I also asked a cab and the driver told me to follow the train tracks, so I did. The only thing, the driver had told me to follow the tracks in the wrong direction. I walked about a four mile circle to get back to the hotel, when I could have the other way and it been maybe a mile. I laughed about it the second I arrived at the hotel. the fact that I handled myself that well in that situation impressed me. Whenever we had free weekends, we would travel. I never felt out of place and always welcomed the challenge of figuring out a new city in record time. I would say that I mastered Madrid, Barcelona, Brussels, Seville, and Milan. The entire trip seemed to fly by. It felt like by the last day that it had only been a week since I had been in the best city in Spain. I found it hard to say goodbye to my amazing host family that did so much for me, the family dog Ron, the cobblestone streets, the old buildings mixed with newer structures, Los Italianos, and so much more. My experience is not something that I can put into direct words, even though I have tried. My experience was my own and it is something that a person has to experience, not read about or watch videos on. I am going to go back to Granada one day and I am going to take my family and friends so they can share in my experience. I believe SOL is the reason that I was able to have this amazing summer. Without SOL, I would have never been left behind in Seville or been stuck in a Barcelona airport overnight trying to go to Milan. Every aspect of SOL my experience worthwhile and has inspired me to look into the travel field as a profession after I graduate from Texas A&M. I would rank SOL as an A plus. SOL Education Abroad was the best decision I made in my college career.

Unforgettable and invaluable

Words can barely explain how much this program has positively impacted my life. My Spanish written and conversational skills improved immensely. I made lifelong friends and enjoyed complete cultural immersion with the best host family ever. It's clear that Sol cares that each and every student has an amazing experience. This program is the absolute best package for the price. I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

Study abroad in Granada, Spain

I had an absolutely incredible time on my study abroad trip through SOL! Staying with a host family was the best decision I could've made, and I loved every second of my trip. The University of Granada has a separate center for learning languages, so the building we learned in was separate and different from what I had envisioned a university being, but I nonetheless passed my courses and learned so much! I am so grateful to SOL for the incredible experience!!

Great experience

This was my second time with Sol. Overall, great experience. I got to travel throughout Europe while still getting to know Spain. My only complaint was some of the directors would talk to me in English.

Amazing!

I had the most amazing time of my life with SOL in Granada! I would go again if I could. I learned so much about the culture and about myself. I gained so much confidence in myself being on this trip.

Granada experience

I had a great experience with Sol and I would highly recommend this program! The directors are nice, informative, and very helpful. I have learned so much about culture and language. The activities are great too!