Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad in Granada, Spain
Sol Education Abroad participants Sol Education Abroad participants

Sol Education Abroad: Study Abroad in Granada, Spain

Sol experience

I had a wonderful experience with the Sol Program. I learned much more than I expected and made many new friends. I can't really think of anything that was negative about my time in abroad and everyone in the program was more than helpful.

Granada hermosa

I had a great time during my semester abroad, the classes were challenging but manageable so I had plenty of time to immerse myself in the culture. I would recommend this program to anyone, it's a must.

Studying abroad in Granada

It was an amazing experience to be able to live and study in Granada. Granada is a beautiful city with so much history and so many beautiful places to visit. My whole study abroad experience was incredible!

Studying abroad in Granada!

Best experience of my college career! Would recommend it to everyone. The cultural immersion and experiences you make will be priceless. After studying in Granada, Spain this winter break, I realized that I wanted to share my amazing experience abroad with other students. I learned so much in such a short period of time and gained invaluable memories with other students in my program. Not only did I improve my Spanish significantly, I was able to immerse myself in the vibrant Spanish culture. During this experience, I received a lot of support and guidance from my program directors and teachers. I would like to share my experiences and recommend this program to others.

Granada S1

My homestay in Granada was easily the best part of the trip for me - I lived with a family who was so inviting and awesome. Not only do I love them as people but they gave me a fantastic opportunity to practice my Spanish & learn about Andalusia.

The best month of my life

This experience was very life changing. I met one of my best friends while abroad, learned Spanish, and got to see beautiful architecture and beaches. This experience made me change my minor from business to Spanish. It also has inspired me to want to study abroad again, but for a longer time period next time. I am so thankful for Sol Education Abroad for allowing me to have an unforgettable summer.

Sol Education. Granada, Spain study abroad

Blinn College Study Abroad in Granada Spain

Our students and professors have had great experiences in our Study Abroad in Granada, Spain. This was our third trip to Granada. Sol Education has been really helpful. All the personnel in their office in Granada and in Austin are always ready to guide
and help our students during the whole time the students are abroad. At this time we are preparing our fourth trip to Granada and we are telling our new students about the excellent cultural experience they will have in Spain.

Granada, Spain study abroad

I had a great experience during my study abroad experience. My host mom became one of my best fiends. I had good professors for the most part and classes that were interesting. The language barrier was a challenge in the beginning but we had a lot of exposure to the language and culture.

All around wonderful experience

I had an amazing study abroad experience with Sol Education. Every single aspect of my experience (homestay, school, activities, culture, etc.) exceeded my expectations. During my application process, the Sol team was always available to answer my questions and were super helpful in getting me through the process smoothly and on time. They also provided all the information I needed as a first-time traveler and were able to answer my many questions. The Sol team in Granada was outstanding. They were always there if we needed help and made us feel so welcome. One of the founders/ owners of Sol Education even came to visit for a week and attended our activities and really got to know us. I could tell that all of the Sol Team members really cared about me and were interested in making sure my experience was the best it could be. I was a first-time traveler and was nervous that I would feel like I was completely on my own, but the team made me feel completely comfortable and supported. The activities in this program were perfect; they hit all of the highlights of Granada as well as surrounding cities. I barely even spent my extra spending money because almost every day was spent doing an activity provided by Sol. I learned so much inside and outside of the classroom and enjoyed every single one of the program activities. I don't think I could find something to complain about if I tried. This is a wonderful program in every way and I highly recommend to any students looking to learn, grow, and have some fun!

Excellent experience

The program was awesome! The only problem I had was with the curriculum of the course and the testing. Initially we were told the course was based 50% off of participation, attendance, and course work and 50% off of final testing based off of written and oral examination. Come to find out, you had to at least scored a 70% on the test for the other to even be considered. With that in mind, the written test was NOT reflective at all of what the class consisted of. One would imagine that what is focused on in the daily course work would be covered on the test.

Awesome program

I feel like a new person after traveling to Spain. The people and the culture are beautiful, and Sol does a great job immersing you in Spanish life. The teachers were very helpful in trying to help me understand the coursework when I was confused and the best part was really our activity leaders who took us on all the cultural excursions. We got to practice Spanish with them and ask about their culture.

Time in Spain spring 2017

Studying with SOL was one of the best choices I ever made. Not only did I choose a fantastic city in Spain, but my program allowed me to live in an environment were I not only had an amazing academic experience but also was able to immerse myself into the culture with the activities the program provided and my host family. My host family was amazing, they became my best friends and my family. I stay in touch with them to this day! When I was sick, German immediately went with me to the doctor to translate, Edu was always there with recommendations and ideas. Both program directors care about you and want you to enjoy your time abroad. I am so glad I studied in Granada with SOL, I recommend it to everyone.

Charlie's review

I loved my experience abroad in Spain! It was a once in a lifetime experience learning about the Spanish language and culture, making new friends and having new experiences as well as learning a lot about myself.

Granada, Spain

SOL was helpful throughout the whole process! I was able to contact someone before with any questions I had and once I got there many people where available to help me. I couldn't have had a better experience. I stayed with an amazing family, had engaging classes, and had fun excursions in a safe city! I met so many new people from different countries. I would definitely recommend going to Granada, Spain through SOL.

There is no perfect study abroad program, but SOL truly cares, and that's what matters

Sol Education Abroad truly cares for you. This is not to sound nice or cliché about it, I have seen it with my own eyes. The site directors are down-to-earth people who have a lively energy that lights up every room! They are always checking-in with you to see how your first day went, how the second day went, or simply to say "Hola". They are very organized. Every pre-arranged activity ran smoothly and punctually. As we were going to an activity, one of the coordinator will fill us up with "Snapple Facts" of the different places we visited. They have a great sense of humor too! Plus, one of the founders of the program came to visit us and was also very friendly and did not act like "I'm too important for you type of way". So, seeing it from the founder to its immediate directors, I can assure you, they care.

As far as academics, I was satisfied with all my professors except with professor Aurelio Ríos Rojas. He lacked professionalism and respect towards sensitive topics in the realm of religion. I was especially disgusted by his satirical speeches regarding Christianity. For example, statements like, ¨la paloma es imposible de embarazar a Maria¨ (The dove is impossible of impregnating Maria), ¨papa frita¨, a disrespectful statement towards the pope, ¨se drogaban y llegaban a Dios¨, when ¨teaching¨ about saints, all these statements are not a way to teach a history class. His satirical humor brought more satirical knowledge than understandable knowledge of the past. This is NOT a way to teach a class at all. On top of this, he involved politics, most specifically, anti-Trump statements every week. Although this less bothered me, it is still an unprofessional way to involve politics as if we do not know what is happening in our country. Also, we never received a syllabus. Overall, his unprofessionalism and satirical style of teaching should be strictly review by the university and/or other abroad administrators for the benefit of future students´ understanding of history.

In concluding, SOL education abroad will add a memorable new chapter in your life that future grandkids will be eager to hear.

Be a SOLmate!

Best month of my entire life!!!!

I had no idea what to expect before my trip to Granada, but it ended up being the best decision I've ever made! The food, the culture, the people, my host mom, and the beauty of Spain stole my heart. Sol did an amazing job of planning everything out for us and showing us as much as they could in the short month that we were there. I had the best host mom in the world and she made me feel so welcome and loved even though my Spanish was not very good. The city of Granada will forever have a special place in my heart because of all of the memories I have there. If you are considering doing this program, DO IT!!! I loved it so much that I am trying to go back to Spain to teach English.

Sol Education Granada

This was a life-changing experience! I made so many amazing friends. The program organized enough activities but not too many so you could still find your own things to do! It was amazing.
Thanks SOL! <3

Enriching once In a lifetime experience!

I learned a lot about the Spanish language and culture. I love to travel and traveling abroad was a wonderful experience because staying with a host family truly immerses you into the authentic Spanish life. I gained a different perspective and appreciation for a culture, people and language that is different than mine. I gained invaluable experiences living in Granada and exploring on my own, and learning the language. It was worthwhile and I wish I could have stayed longer.
The classes were fun and I learned a good amount of Spanish and about the culture, but they were not very organized and there were some issues with one of the teachers who had a bad attitude and personal problems. The class was not structured very well because many teachers were going on vacation in August and the students were not told how they were being graded and what their exam was like. But, the main teacher I had was very fun and energetic and I enjoyed my time in class. We would get off topic a lot and I think they could work on the structure and organization, especially in the month of August where in Spain they go on vacation.

A fun time

It was very fun, but there are a few improvements that can be made. Such as, more excursions out of Grenada like going to Barcelona or other places in Spain. I also think that if the directors gave us more space at the excursions it would be better.

The trip of a lifetime

Spain was one of the highlights of my life. Through Sol Abroad, I was able to make friends, learn Spanish, and immerse myself into an entirely different culture than what I am used to. This trip I have learned to become more open minded, and I have learned the best memories can come from the most unexpected events. Also, it is so fun to coordinate group get togethers on free days without help from the directors!

An unforgettable experience!

This trip really showed me that the world is so vast and wide and there are so many things I haven't learned about it. I love Spain and Granada. The people are so nice and helpful. My Spanish improved a lot and I'm so happy I got to speak with people from Spain and practice because I can't really do that in the U.S. I am never going to forget this trip

True experience abroad

This program manages to combine academics, cultural activities, and still allow lots of freedom and time for students to do things on their own! There is a large variety of different types of excursions in the afternoons after class, as well as longer excursions outside of Granada on the weekends.

Sol

Had a great time learning Spanish and getting to know the city of Granada. My host family was lovely and the homestay experience overall was amazing and beneficial. Loved getting to know not only them, but my classmates and other students on the trip. Excursions were super fun, and the cultural activities were mostly interesting. So glad I got to spend this month improving my Spanish, as it really has been helpful.

Great time

The trip was a great time. I met some great people and learned more about Spanish. The family I stayed with was great. I enjoyed my classes and the students in my classes. The town is beautiful and there are many things to do. Eli wasn't the best director but he wasn't terrible. I think the worst part was that he didn't get me excited to go do things, he was very sarcastic at times for no reason. He seemed to be trying to cause arguments with some of the students at times. Migs was great.

Once in a lifetime

i had one of the best times of my life on this trip but i feel that eli was a little unfair and took away from the experience but i understand that he was just doing his job and looking out for the students.