Sol Abroad: High School Study Abroad Program in Argentina
Sol Abroad participants Sol Abroad participants

Sol Abroad: High School Study Abroad Program in Argentina

Great program and experience

I had an amazing summer and developed friendships that will last a lifetime. The program was well organized and all of the Sol representatives and directors in Buenos Aires were friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommend Sol to my friends in the future as it was an amazing experience for me to grow in my Spanish and as a person.

SolAbroad: Buenos Aires, Argentine

I loved this program! I went to Buenos Aires, Argentina and stayed with my host mom in an apartment building across the hall from another host mom, and both were very friendly, happy, and easy to talk to (the food was also great).

Tips!
The Academia was really useful as a way to practice Spanish, but I recommend choosing a class that's somewhat challenging for you, or finding a class in which you get to talk a lot so that you get more out of the experience, either learning-wise or language-wise. My teacher was very engaging and the class was full of people who were having a lot of fun in the city and were very enthusiastic about learning and practicing Spanish, so I could overlook the fact that I was only doing review and not learning new topics, because I was gaining so much experience speaking.
Pack light, so that you can have some room for souvenirs like mate, which are surprisingly bulky!
Talk in Spanish to everyone you can, every chance you get. The students may not be immersive in the language and it is a great idea to practice the language as much as possible. I also watched movies and shows and read books in Spanish so that I could practice reading and listening.
Read ahead about fun things to do in Buenos Aires and where you want to go, because the longer you stay, the more free time you have to do things. Buenos Aires is a city full of museums and art, and it's an absolute joy to explore. Figure out what you want to do beforehand so that you can do it quickly and easily when you're there.
A lot of stores seem to be closed on Sundays and many museums are closed on Mondays, sometimes Tuesdays.

I think that the program really helped me to gain confidence in my Spanish-speaking skills and it helped me to get better at speaking and listening. I loved the museums and general culture of Buenos Aires. I definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to gain a once-in-a-lifetime experience and increase their comfort with and knowledge of Spanish. I loved the activities with the program and the flexibility and genuine friendliness of the directors and host parents. I also really enjoyed how we were given time to explore the city on our own, to eat out in restaurants, and to chat with our host parents. ¡Muchas gracias SolAbroad!

Buenos Aires Experience

I had a wonderful time. My group was hilarious and fun. There were few things I did not enjoy doing. I personally felt like 4 weeks was too long a time away from home, but I still enjoyed all the cultural activities and excursions. It was simply wonderful.

My review

It was fun overall as I enjoyed it a lot. I learned a good amount of Spanish, too, which was one of my main objectives. I enjoyed the stay with my hostmother and we had a good amount of freedom as we had down time.

Buenos Aires Trip Review

I really enjoyed the trip overall and i thought i had alot of oppertunites to learn and practice my spanish. However, I wish their was a bit more freedom for students to explore on their own. I think their should be more free time and less tourist activities.

Sol Abroad in Argentina

I loved my time in Buenos Aires. The activities were great and fun, but the Spanish classes were definitely my favorite part of the experience. My host mom was extremely nice and caring, but I know that some people in my group did not have the same experience.

Argentina trip

Our son had a great trip. He especially liked the trip to the Estancia and experiencing Argentine culture. He appreciated the architecture and the wood working he saw. He keeps in touch with a couple of his classmates and his team leader. The only down side was that he did not like the food at his host family's house.

Amazing program!!!!

I absolutely loved the program. It was fun, educational, and really helped me improve my spanish. To be honest, the first day was rough because you are thrown into the deep end,where classes are entirely in spanish and move quickly, but that is balanced out by the great kids and wonderful staff that is always there to help. The cultural activities were by far the best part of the program. I loved going to all the different excursions and experiencing the culture of Argentina. I recommend it highly.

• Facilities

Wonderful experience

Before I enrolled in this program, I´d never been away from my parents for more than a few days. This was a completely different experience for me...and definitely worth it. I learned so much Spanish, and I learned how to be a lot more independent.

My host mother was the sweetest, and conversing with her was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I made some awesome new friends, and I got to really leave my comfort zone behind and try tons of new things. I loved how Sol Abroad provided lots of fun cultural activities, while still allowing you a measure of freedom.

Definitely try it out! If you think it´s too expensive, fundraise. That´s what I did, and it was totally worth it.

Sol Abroad 2017

Overall it was a pretty good experience for me when it came to developing my Spanish skills and meeting new people. I got sick during the trip and was taken care of very well by my host mother and others. Although all of these things were good I feel like the program could've been a bit more organized and that some of the activities could be more interesting. One of my favorite excursions in this program was when we went to Uruguay.

• Facilities

Overly controlled, exciting, eventful, social, immersive.

I got to study in a well-known university/language school, and wanted to experience Argentine culture while bettering my Spanish.

My memorable experience was going to Iguazu! And playing street soccer with the Argentine boys teams.