Get TEFL Certified in Prague & Teach Abroad
Smaller Earth participants Smaller Earth participants

Get TEFL Certified in Prague & Teach Abroad

Excellent!!

This TEFL course was such a great experience for me! It is a lot of hard work but it all pays off in the end! I have made some great friends within these four weeks in Prague and my class all got along great! I would recommend this course to anyone!

Great experience!

Doing the TEFL course through hello academies was the best way to be set up for a teaching career. They provided all the material and context needed to ensure we had the knowledge and competence to teach English abroad. I would recommend this program to anyone thinking about choosing this experience. Awesome course!

Wonderful course :)

I had the most amazing four-week experience at Hello Academies this summer! I gained so much practical knowledge about the English language as well as teaching itself. The other people in the course became my family over the month, and Prague is just breathtaking! I cannot recommend this program enough!!!

TEFL course

This course has been the most amazing experience! I have learned so much from Martha and Becca and feel extremely confident in that fact that I could leave here and run a successful classroom. I have met some of the best people during my time here. I highly recommend this course to everyone!

Excellent program

This course is wonderful and I highly recommend it. It is very challenging and it involves a lot of effort but it is worth every second. The lessons really prepare you for the teaching practice and the feedback sessions help you improve tremendously. The trainers are great people and are so much fun to be around. Anyone who is considering becoming certified to teach English as a foreign language should take this course!

A rewarding month!

This month was a very challenging and rewarding month! I really enjoyed learning from Martha and Becca. They are very friendly and really make Prague feel like home! This was a very interesting and fun experience that I'm glad I was a part of!

An amazing experience

I had an amazing time during my four weeks in Prague. By participating in this course I was able to make friends from different countries and experience new cultures. Although the course was very intense, both Martha and Becca were super helpful and made classes fun. I would definitely recommend this course.

Worth every penny!

I had an awesome month with Smaller Earth in Prague. Both Becca and Martha were there to guide us in every step of the way. The course was intense but immensely satisfying in the end. Help is always at your disposal, you just need to ask either of them. Apart from training us and making sure that we get a hell lot of practice before earning the certificate, they gave us a travel card with which we could travel anywhere in the city by public transport, and they also provided us with accommodation which was a life saver. They also treated us to a delicious lunch on the first day of class and on the last day, all of us went to a party with the students in Legenda! I recommend this course by Smaller Earth to anyone who is interested in teaching English and also wants to experience a new culture!

Great month

I had an incredible time with Hello Academies. I made some cool friends, but also learned a lot about English and how to teach it! The course is intense as its a lot of material in 4 weeks, but they do a great job supporting you and giving you any help necessary. They also helped with visas, job search, and apartment search. Also, Prague is a beautiful place to do get the TEFL in!

• Course Instructor

Huge learning curve, highly enjoyable with amazing people

Taking this course will improve your life immensely, you open loads of opportunities and get to work with many awesome people. Hello Academies has a family feel to it and is located near Namesti Miru which is one of the best areas to be in Prague. I still reminisce about it several months later - it's hard work but extremely rewarding as you learn extremely quickly; Martha's experience and knowledge will be your guiding hand during the four weeks. It's a period of my life that I deeply enjoyed a look back upon with fond memories.

• Course Instructor

The best month of my life!!!

My experience on this course was unparalleled to anything I had ever taken part in before! The teachers were incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, supportive and just generally wonderful people! The lessons go above and beyond what any other course offers, it doesn't just give you a certificate, it gives you the insight and skills you need to teach in the real world.
After this course you are a teacher! Not just someone who says they can teach, you have the skills and the capabilities to prove it and make a mark for yourself as an EFL teacher.
I cannot recommend this course highly enough, trust me when I say there will be no others that even come close!

Great program

Hello Academies offers a fantastic TEFL certification program. Over the course of four weeks, the instructors teach students how to teach, provide them with practical experience, and give excellent feedback to help students improve. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone interested in getting their TEFL certification.

Choose Smaller Earth!

Choosing Smaller Earth to get my TEFL certification was the best decision I made! Smaller Earth provided a very welcoming atmosphere and a well constructed school day. I did not expect that I would be having my own private lessons within the first week of the course and teaching an entire class by the beginning of the second week. The school day started with grammar and methodology taught by Martha, who is an all-around amazing teacher! By the afternoon, we were planning our lessons for the week and teaching that night. While the course is fast-paced, it prepares you thoroughly and allows each student to gain plenty of hands-on experience before graduating from the program. Before the course is even completed, the staff is incredibly helpful with helping each student find housing, prepare for jobs and staying connected with previous graduates through social events! If you are considering going abroad to be apart of an entire new world full of adventure and experience, Smaller Earth is the best place to begin your journey!

• Course Instructor

Best program, best staff!

Choosing Hello Academies to gain my TEFL certification in Prague was one of the best decisions of my life! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The course is intensive, but I never felt overwhelmed because Martha and the other staff members were always there to provide assistance and advice. I made new friends, experienced a beautiful culture, and gained a certification that will open up countless doors in the future!

• Course Instructor

Don't hesitate - choose Smaller Earth!

I said it many times during the program, but choosing Smaller Earth to get TEFL certified was the best decision I made to kickstart the process of becoming an English teacher. I truly believe that Martha has prepared me in such a way that is undeniable. I am completely indebted to her! Her 6 years of experience as a teacher have truly helped me and I feel as though I can tackle on any problematic classroom situations that may occur because of her.

Martha notes your progress and correct any mistakes/errors that you make while teaching with professionalism. There is so much positivity circulating in her classroom which is one of the main reasons why I now feel confident in my teaching abilities. It was a very humbling and eye-opening experience for me.

The classes are intensive and long, but necessary and worth it. You have to dedicate yourself to it and give it your full attention. If you feel as though you're stressed, Martha is more than willing to help you. I could not have done it without her encouragement. The homework is manageable and serves its purpose. The mandatory teaching lessons can be intimidating, but as long as your lesson plan is solid you'll be fine. I credit the feedback that I received after every lesson because I understood what I needed to work on and what I wanted to continue to excel in. You learn a lot during the 4 weeks, but Martha does her best to review every lesson over the course. Despite that, you have to retain the information yourself... you are still a student.

All in all, this program is the best out there because of Martha. I respect her so much and I know I can ask her anything even after the program has ended. Give it a chance. You'll grow as a person and as a teacher once the month-long program/training is over. Guaranteed.

TEFL Prague

The course was an intense experience, but the staff was very helpful and supportive throughout the process. There were times when I was struggling with the course material and the staff was there to give me the encouragement I needed to make it through successfully. It was definitely a great experience and I would recommend the course to others.

Hello Academies also provided housing while in Prague during the length of the course. This was essential and really helped with the transition to a foreign country.

Prague is an amazing city and I am lucky to have completed this course and left it with not only a certificate but connections to the other students who participated in the course alongside of me!

• Course Instructor

Fantastic but intensive experience!

I signed up for this course without really knowing what to expect or what I wanted to do with the qualification once I obtained it. I knew I wanted to gain a TEFL qualification at some point and I was considering doing it once I had finished my degree. But when I found this course I thought it would be too good of an opportunity to let pass by. The intensive four weeks meant that I could do it in the summer between studying without having to take time off. As it runs all year round it means you can do the course when it best suits you.

Throughout the time of study the staff were helpful and encouraging. The course was well organised, the modules were all relevant and the hands on experience gave us the opportunity to apply the skills we had learned into the classroom. I really felt my skills developing throughout the course as my confidence grew.

Prague is a beautiful city with so much to do. The food, culture, nightlife and the events that hello academies organise are also good fun too.

Even though I chose not to stay in Prague I'm so glad I did this course as I now feel prepared to go and teach anywhere in the world. Just go for it!

What an experience!

I have recently completed my TEFL in Prague with Hello Academies and I can't speak more highly of them. The course was fabulous. It was well organised, motivating, hands on and I was given great support throughout. The staff at Hello Academies made each day a positive and rewarding one.

Furthermore, Prague is an absolute gem of a city. I fell in love with it. The food, culture, attractions and safe environment made the time I spent there even more enjoyable.

I highly recommend this course to everyone! Not only has this helped me to develop professionally as a teacher, but it has also opened up my mind to greater opportunities that I may never have considered. Life is too short, so why not give it a go? !!

Thanks again Hello Academies! :-)

• Course Instructor

How to set up as a TEFL teacher

This was a great course. It was fast, insightful, and inspiring. I feel ready to teach English just after graduating. The teachers in the TEFL course are some of the best you can find. You meet amazing people and set yourself up for great opportunities in the future.

• Course Instructor

The best way to set up as a TEFL teacher

Throughout this intensive course every member of staff was so supportive and fun. They make you laugh no matter what help you need.
Intensive Tefl courses can be stressful but this team will handle everything from housing, doctors, grammar, lesson planning, class management to a possible episode of self doubt.
I cannot recommend this course highly enough. All my group who stayed a week from graduating have good jobs and housing, those who didn't stay are kicking themselves for not staying.
Martha in particular is an amazing teacher in a multitude of ways and I feel so lucky to have learnt for her. Rebecca is so much fun and so caring. Shannon's feedback and comments are on point.
If you're considering it this course is worth its weight in gold, do it!
You meet so many interesting people and learn a hell of a lot.

Amazing experience

I had no idea what to expect when I first signed up for the program and honestly I was pretty trepidatious. However, within the first week of my arrival I felt completely at ease and really enjoyed myself. The people who work for the program are all super friendly and helpful people and the other people taking the course were great and I got along with all of them.
Overall, it was a brilliant four weeks and I wouldn't change a minute of it. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of hard work, but it's definitely worth it!

Best decision ever!

It’s been a year since I took Hello academies TEFL course and I can still say it has been the best decision I have ever made. Before moving to Prague, I had no idea what I was going to do with my career so I packed my bags and decided to get TEFL certified. The moment I arrived in the accommodation that they provided us, I instantly felt welcomed into their Hello Academies family. The graduates from the course before me reached out to me and my fellow trainees and took us out to a pub and then to see the city the first weekend I was there. The amazing Smaller Earth staff and our TEFL trainer, Martha, were amazing the entire 4-weeks of the course, as well as after. They really wanted each of us to succeed and enjoy our time in Prague. If you are at a point in your life where you are unsure of what to do, I definitely recommend getting your TEFL certification with Hello Academies. It will be an intensive 4-weeks, but it’s all worth it in the end!

A great experience

I had a great experience here. I made awesome friends and the staff are very supportive. They will help you find a place to live and a job after you graduate. Also, the classes are small so you don't feel like you are lost in a crowd of TEFL trainees. The course is tough, but doable. I highly recommend Hello Academies.

• Course Instructor

An opening to a whole new world

From the moment they greet you at the airport, the Smaller Earth team make you feel as if you are that long lost cousin they've been waiting to have visit. The small class sizes mean that you not only receive an extraordinary amount of help with course work, but more importantly you have the opportunity to have +15 hours of practical teaching experience. With staff who have worked world wide in a number of capacities and who have all achieved their TEFL certificates, there isn't anyone better to learn of and work with. By far the highlight of this course is the Alumni - they are life long friends you just haven't met yet. This course was by far one of the best decisions I have made and had increased my knowledge, experience and diversity as a teacher back in the real world. Look no further!

Fantastic

Fantastic course. Combines a personable approach, in giving students the opportunity to get to meet the course's alumni, with a level of academic study. All the staff at the course take pride in the company, and this is reflected in their desire to give students a great experience.
If there are any unforeseen issues, or even ones that you need a bit of help with, you can be assured that you will receive immediate support.
Accommodation and classroom facilities are impeccable. The level of support I received persuaded me to stay! Thanks everyone smile emoticon