Get TEFL Certified in Prague & Teach Abroad
Smaller Earth participants Smaller Earth participants

Get TEFL Certified in Prague & Teach Abroad

TEFL course at Hello Academies

Martha, Becca, and Ashley. That is all I have to say. They are so great and make this program worth experiencing. I am so glad I got to meet them. I have learned so much in such a short amount of time and I am so grateful.

TEFL in Prague

I had an amazing time in Prague! I definitely learned a lot, and I’m so grateful that I went through a program that’s so thorough. The instructors were super knowledgeable and amicable, and Prague is (in my opinion) one of the prettiest places to live. I do wish they would have pushed up to look for apartments sooner rather than later, but other than that, I have no complaints.

Incredible!

Although this course is definitely challenging it has been one of the most rewarding and enjoyable experiences of my life. The staff are great and so helpful, even when it comes to the silliest of questions, and are always on hand with helpful advice. Prague is an amazing city and getting to study here feels like such a privilege. The friends you make on this course and fun you have makes this course so much more enjoyable than I could ever have imagined!

Excellent program

If you are considering getting a TEFL certificate, I highly recommend this course!! Martha, Ashley, and Becca are all AWESOME and VERY helpful. I cannot say enough positive things about the staff at Hello academies and the course in general. As an added bonus, Prague is awesome and you will not regret taking this course!!

• Course Instructor

I highly recommend this course.

I participated in this program in 2015 and am just about to leave Prague. Therefore, this is a belated review but hopefully it will give you an idea of how this program helped me in my 2+ years as an English teacher.

I came into this program as someone who was not particularly interested in, or good at grammar. So, for me, it was a challenge to learn the ins and outs of the English language and to teach them to non-native speakers. You're going to have a pretty heavy workload for the month that you participate in the program so get ready for that.

But I think it was sort of a baptism by fire. By the time I was done, I had at least shaken off the nervousness of getting up in front of a class and teaching a lesson. Also, they will help you understand what you need to, and you'll leave with a bunch of materials that you can use in the future.

Martha is an exceptional teacher and a really nice person. You would be very lucky to learn from her. The rest of the staff is nice too.

The class size is relatively small, so you will be able to participate actively and get the required help you'll probably need.

The living situation is good. The student housing is in a great area. Prague is a very safe city and the housing is in a particularly calm and peaceful location.

Finding a job is very easy. I would recommend checking out Skrivanek.

Every week I use at least one of the materials that I got from the program and I can truthfully say that Martha will make sure that you are ready to teach (or at least as ready as you can be after a month long course) by the time you leave.

Excellent!!

This TEFL course was such a great experience for me! It is a lot of hard work but it all pays off in the end! I have made some great friends within these four weeks in Prague and my class all got along great! I would recommend this course to anyone!

Get ready!

This is a valuable course packed full of information. In my opinion, it is an intensive course. There is a lot to fit in to four weeks of school. The takeaway experience is quite valuable and relevant around the world and in all English teaching environments. I would recommend Smaller Earth TEFL school to anyone.

Great experience!

Doing the TEFL course through hello academies was the best way to be set up for a teaching career. They provided all the material and context needed to ensure we had the knowledge and competence to teach English abroad. I would recommend this program to anyone thinking about choosing this experience. Awesome course!

TEFL certified in Praha

I thought that the TEFL course was a really worthwhile experience. I feel prepared for my new job and believe that I can teach any age group, anywhere in the world. It was very comprehensive and Martha and Becca were amazing throughout. As for Prague itself, I am in love!

Wonderful course :)

I had the most amazing four-week experience at Hello Academies this summer! I gained so much practical knowledge about the English language as well as teaching itself. The other people in the course became my family over the month, and Prague is just breathtaking! I cannot recommend this program enough!!!

TEFL course

This course has been the most amazing experience! I have learned so much from Martha and Becca and feel extremely confident in that fact that I could leave here and run a successful classroom. I have met some of the best people during my time here. I highly recommend this course to everyone!

Excellent program

This course is wonderful and I highly recommend it. It is very challenging and it involves a lot of effort but it is worth every second. The lessons really prepare you for the teaching practice and the feedback sessions help you improve tremendously. The trainers are great people and are so much fun to be around. Anyone who is considering becoming certified to teach English as a foreign language should take this course!

A rewarding month!

This month was a very challenging and rewarding month! I really enjoyed learning from Martha and Becca. They are very friendly and really make Prague feel like home! This was a very interesting and fun experience that I'm glad I was a part of!

An amazing experience

I had an amazing time during my four weeks in Prague. By participating in this course I was able to make friends from different countries and experience new cultures. Although the course was very intense, both Martha and Becca were super helpful and made classes fun. I would definitely recommend this course.

Worth every penny!

I had an awesome month with Smaller Earth in Prague. Both Becca and Martha were there to guide us in every step of the way. The course was intense but immensely satisfying in the end. Help is always at your disposal, you just need to ask either of them. Apart from training us and making sure that we get a hell lot of practice before earning the certificate, they gave us a travel card with which we could travel anywhere in the city by public transport, and they also provided us with accommodation which was a life saver. They also treated us to a delicious lunch on the first day of class and on the last day, all of us went to a party with the students in Legenda! I recommend this course by Smaller Earth to anyone who is interested in teaching English and also wants to experience a new culture!

Great month

I had an incredible time with Hello Academies. I made some cool friends, but also learned a lot about English and how to teach it! The course is intense as its a lot of material in 4 weeks, but they do a great job supporting you and giving you any help necessary. They also helped with visas, job search, and apartment search. Also, Prague is a beautiful place to do get the TEFL in!

• Course Instructor

Huge learning curve, highly enjoyable with amazing people

Taking this course will improve your life immensely, you open loads of opportunities and get to work with many awesome people. Hello Academies has a family feel to it and is located near Namesti Miru which is one of the best areas to be in Prague. I still reminisce about it several months later - it's hard work but extremely rewarding as you learn extremely quickly; Martha's experience and knowledge will be your guiding hand during the four weeks. It's a period of my life that I deeply enjoyed a look back upon with fond memories.

My experience

I did my TEFL certification in January 2017 and felt the experience was useful and fairly challenging. The instructor was very competent and knowledgeable and I found everyone running the program to be patient and very helpful. I wouldn't do this program if you are looking to party and make a bunch of friends. It takes up most of your time most days and is a fair amount of paperwork and preparation. However, it is useful as a way into the job market in Prague and establishes you in a good network of people for anything from housing, to advice on where to go/what to do, to finding English speaking doctors. I would recommend this program for people if they know they can put in some hard work and want to invest in staying in Prague for a while.

• Course Instructor

The best month of my life!!!

My experience on this course was unparalleled to anything I had ever taken part in before! The teachers were incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, supportive and just generally wonderful people! The lessons go above and beyond what any other course offers, it doesn't just give you a certificate, it gives you the insight and skills you need to teach in the real world.
After this course you are a teacher! Not just someone who says they can teach, you have the skills and the capabilities to prove it and make a mark for yourself as an EFL teacher.
I cannot recommend this course highly enough, trust me when I say there will be no others that even come close!

Great program

Hello Academies offers a fantastic TEFL certification program. Over the course of four weeks, the instructors teach students how to teach, provide them with practical experience, and give excellent feedback to help students improve. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone interested in getting their TEFL certification.

A month to remember

The month I spent at Hello Acadiemies was an incredible experience that I will never forget. Without question it was also incredibly difficult, in fact possibly one of the most challenging things I have ever done. Yet it was also so much fun, the people I spent a month living and working with became like a family to me, whom I will hopefully be reunited with someday! The alumni I met out there were so helpful, welcoming and always there to take us to new and interesting places in the city and really tried to ensure that it wasn't all work and no play.

The staff were great, they always try to help with any problems you have, and do their best to provide everything you need. They also never shy away from a good time. Martha is a fantastic teacher, she managed to put up with all of our joking around everyday and still managed to make us grammar masters by the end of it all, and she is always there to give you advice or help you with your lessons. Trust me you will need it.

The best thing about the whole experience however, was probably the students we got to teach. It was nerve-wracking enough teaching for the first time, but they really made me feel welcome, they laughed with us and were patient with all of us from the beginning, and by the end of the course I could call many of them my friends, particularly after pub night! It was great getting to work with such interesting people and made me feel much more confident about being a teacher.

I would highly recommend this course to others, don't expect it to be easy, but it is definitely worth it.

Choose Smaller Earth!

Choosing Smaller Earth to get my TEFL certification was the best decision I made! Smaller Earth provided a very welcoming atmosphere and a well constructed school day. I did not expect that I would be having my own private lessons within the first week of the course and teaching an entire class by the beginning of the second week. The school day started with grammar and methodology taught by Martha, who is an all-around amazing teacher! By the afternoon, we were planning our lessons for the week and teaching that night. While the course is fast-paced, it prepares you thoroughly and allows each student to gain plenty of hands-on experience before graduating from the program. Before the course is even completed, the staff is incredibly helpful with helping each student find housing, prepare for jobs and staying connected with previous graduates through social events! If you are considering going abroad to be apart of an entire new world full of adventure and experience, Smaller Earth is the best place to begin your journey!

• Course Instructor

Best program, best staff!

Choosing Hello Academies to gain my TEFL certification in Prague was one of the best decisions of my life! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The course is intensive, but I never felt overwhelmed because Martha and the other staff members were always there to provide assistance and advice. I made new friends, experienced a beautiful culture, and gained a certification that will open up countless doors in the future!

• Course Instructor

Don't hesitate - choose Smaller Earth!

I said it many times during the program, but choosing Smaller Earth to get TEFL certified was the best decision I made to kickstart the process of becoming an English teacher. I truly believe that Martha has prepared me in such a way that is undeniable. I am completely indebted to her! Her 6 years of experience as a teacher have truly helped me and I feel as though I can tackle on any problematic classroom situations that may occur because of her.

Martha notes your progress and correct any mistakes/errors that you make while teaching with professionalism. There is so much positivity circulating in her classroom which is one of the main reasons why I now feel confident in my teaching abilities. It was a very humbling and eye-opening experience for me.

The classes are intensive and long, but necessary and worth it. You have to dedicate yourself to it and give it your full attention. If you feel as though you're stressed, Martha is more than willing to help you. I could not have done it without her encouragement. The homework is manageable and serves its purpose. The mandatory teaching lessons can be intimidating, but as long as your lesson plan is solid you'll be fine. I credit the feedback that I received after every lesson because I understood what I needed to work on and what I wanted to continue to excel in. You learn a lot during the 4 weeks, but Martha does her best to review every lesson over the course. Despite that, you have to retain the information yourself... you are still a student.

All in all, this program is the best out there because of Martha. I respect her so much and I know I can ask her anything even after the program has ended. Give it a chance. You'll grow as a person and as a teacher once the month-long program/training is over. Guaranteed.

TEFL Prague

The course was an intense experience, but the staff was very helpful and supportive throughout the process. There were times when I was struggling with the course material and the staff was there to give me the encouragement I needed to make it through successfully. It was definitely a great experience and I would recommend the course to others.

Hello Academies also provided housing while in Prague during the length of the course. This was essential and really helped with the transition to a foreign country.

Prague is an amazing city and I am lucky to have completed this course and left it with not only a certificate but connections to the other students who participated in the course alongside of me!