Experience Guatemala and Volunteer in our Medical Clinic
Guatemala: Rural Areas, San Marcos
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Human Rights
- Public Health
Visits may be schduled each month
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
Fees include: transportation from Guatemala City airport to our selected hotel (with arrival between 6PM &11PM GT), ground transportation to San Marcos (5 hrs), entrance to Iximche Ruins, daily transportation to/from Clinic, transportation to/from rural areas, breakfast and lunch daily, appreciation dinner, ground transportation: San Marcos to Antigua to Guate City, seven nights of selected hotels
- Volunteers with medical background are especially needed: doctors and nurses. You would provide medical services at our clinic and/or in the rural communities. You could give classes in basic health and nutrition. We also welcome those who wish to have a humanitarian experience. We encourage visitors to bring school supplies to distribute to local children. You may wish to "Sponsor a Child" for a year.
- Speaking Spanish is a benefit but not a must.
- You must be at least 21 years old to participate and be in good physical and mental health.
- You must have a passport which is valid for at least 6 month. We suggest you check the CDC site for any recommended inoculations. As with all organization there will be certain formal documents to sign. Speaking Spanish is beneficial, but not a must.
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records