BA (Hons) Degree Programmes in Hospitality, Events Management
SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School Header Image SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School Header Image

BA (Hons) Degree Programmes in Hospitality, Events Management

Go for fun, not for learnings

I spent 4 terms at SHMS for BA(Hons). First part in Caux was ok but not much stuff to do. The Leysin was better because I love snowboarding and there are lots more bars in Leysin. The teaching was really bad and I did not learn anything but I donot really care since I got my 2:1.

Bad education, bad teachers, horrible experience!

I went to SHMS starting in Caux and then Leysin. The schools look pretty but once you are there you see what is true. The staff are horrible to students. Most of the students are coming from China and many from my class could not even speak English. But for some miracle everyone passes. My degree is worthless since when I apply to master programmes, they always ask if I have the University of Derby degree from SHMS or the "real" one from UK. Internships for many from my class were working in chinese restaurants and then the jobs after are low paying. The glamour life that they promise and show on the website is only for those few whose mummy and daddy already own hotels. Save your money and time. Go somewhere else!