Volunteer Work in Peru with Sharing Dreams-Peru
Sharing dreams Project Header Image Sharing dreams Project Header Image

Volunteer Work in Peru with Sharing Dreams-Peru

Volunteering December 2017

I had a great time working with the sharing hope program. You get to really know the Peruvian live when you are there since Huancayo is not touristic which is really nice. The work with the kids was amazing. They are really nice and are also very patient with you if you don't understand. Working with the project also helped me to improve my Spanish since most people only speak Spanish but everyone is welcoming you really warm and you soon feel part of the community. I really enjoyed my time at the project.

Teaching English in Huancayo

I volunteered with the Sharing Dreams Project in August 2017. It was a great experience - I got to learn much about Peruvian culture, particularly in the central Andes where the project is located, explore local attractions and historical and cultural sites, and was exposed to the delicious cuisine of Peru. The coordinators are very supportive and prioritize cultural exchange in addition to ge volunteer work. Working with the children and helping to teach English was very rewarding, and the reception of the children, who are eager to learn and play, was heartwarming. I'm very glad I got the opportunity to volunteer for this organization!