Volunteer Teachers Needed!
- Computer Training
- Economic Development
- English Teaching
- Youth Development
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 7-12 Months
Age Requirement Varies
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
Volunteers at Shanti Bhavan need only to purchase their own flight fare. Accommodations and meals are provided for free.
- Group living
Degree and/or certificate of eligibility to teach elementary, middle or high school or experience in teaching and administering school programs are preferred. However, students studying for teaching professions and those currently enrolled in an accredited college or university are also welcome. Those with college degrees and/or life experience in non-teaching areas are also invited to apply.
Applications for volunteer positions may be sent by email/mail to the provided. You must include your bio, the names of two references and your association with them (the references should send their letters of recommendation separately), and your cover letter describing:
* volunteer position sought
* reason/motivation for volunteering
* special areas of interest/expertise that you can cover e.g., arts, music, literature, sports, career counseling, teacher training, others (be specific)
* preferred start and end dates for volunteering
* any alternate period possible if preferred period cannot be accommodated.
It may take us up to 2 months to process an application, due to a high volume of candidates, so in order to be assured full consideration for your application, please apply early.
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application