NGO Internship - Support Serve the City Madrid!
Serve The City Madrid  Header Image Serve The City Madrid  Header Image

NGO Internship - Support Serve the City Madrid!

The most amazing summer with the most amazing people!

If you have ever wanted to go abroad and feel like your time will have an impact, choose Serve the City! An organization with more heart and passion than any i've worked with before, Warren and his team work so hard to make Madrid a place where non-profit is growing and volunteerism has a true impact on the community. This past summer, I was given the task of researching, writing and compiling a business proposal for Serve the City, a task which was challenging, rewarding and actually made an difference in the organization. Not only was I given real work, my fellow fabulous Interns and I were asked to pitch a fundraising idea, formulate the idea, plan it out and actually host the fundraiser. Wow right? We worked for 5 weeks to establish relationships with local businesses, write and compose content for social media advertisements and campaigns and gathered materials for an auction we hosted. In five short weeks, we all gained more work experience, worldly knowledge and relationship building than ever before. Our fundraiser was an awesome way to end our time with Serve the City, as we raised over a thousand euros for the organization, and ultimately for the people they serve! If you are on the fence about going to Spain... don't be!! Pick an organization that will nurture you, make you laugh, give you actual hard and rewarding work, and make you feel like an important and valued member of the team.