SenegalStyle Volunteer Tourism & French Language Program!
- Building & Construction Projects
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Computer Training
- English Teaching
- Grassroots Organization
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Human Rights
- Marine Conservation
- Organic Farming
- Pastoral Work
- Small Business Development
- Street Children
- Tree Planting
- Veterinary Science
- Volunteer Management
- Youth Development
5-8 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 2-4 Weeks, Multiple Year, 9-12 Weeks, 7-12 Months, 1-2 Weeks, 1-2 Years, Alternative Spring Break, Summer
Age Requirement Varies
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples.
Cost in USD per week
* PRIVATE LIVING! A FULLY FURNISHED APARTMENT, 1bd/1ba with SELF CATERING kitchen, SPACIOUS eating and work area! Well ventilated & comfy with balconies & Wifi included! Look up 'SenegalStyle' on TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet for previous student reviews and photos of our NEW VOLUNTEER/TOURIST STUDENT HOUSING!
* GREAT LOCAL RESTAURANTS, 3 bakeries and Ice Cream Shops (and Gelato!) EVERYWHERE!
* CLEAN & BEAUTIFUL BCEAO BEACH for surfing & swimming is WALKING DISTANCE from your apartment!
* AIRPORT PICKUP
* FREE City tour of Dakar & Surrounding Area
* LAUNDRY SERVICE available WEEKLY
Salary & Compensation
* EASY TO GET ALONG WITH & have a BIG SMILE! We are drama free here so be open minded and flexible and you will have the best time of your life!
* Minimum High School or BAC diploma; Trades/Vocational school or some type of specially training (like massage for example) is fine!
* Computer literate
* Ability to FOLLOW DIRECTIONS and comprehend written instructions (in English)
These are the ACTIVITIES YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN both inside and outside of the city of Dakar. Some have fees and some do not but you will be expected to pay for your own transportation and any outside activities that you choose to do.
You WILL HAVE LOTS OF FUN... That I can guarantee!
While you are here, naturally you will want to explore the city and surrounding area and we can help you with transportation, guides and insider tips to make getting around much easier!
* Parks & Zoos
* Beaches within WALKING DISTANCE of your apartment
* Quad rentals on the Beach or in the Sahara Desert outside of Dakar
* Camel rides
* Interesting places for great InstaGram photos!
* Zip lining and Parcourse *Baobab Forest
* Turtle Conservation Parks
* Salt mining
* Art Museums
* Mosques & Churches - there are MANY Christian & Catholic churches here:
16 Methodist churches for example, at least 100 Catholic churches as well as
7th Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witness congregations, Lutherans & Protestants
* Missionary societies and schools connected to the churches listed above
* Shopping Malls (2)
* GREAT FOOD and excessive amounts of ice cream, gelato & other deserts!
* Art Festivals
* Jewelry Making
* Hair Weave & braiding for EVERY HAIR TEXTURE & COLOR out the Wazoo if that's your thing! lol!
* Horseback & Equestrian riding and/or lessons
* African Drumming or Dance
* Paleontology (there is a carbon-14 dating unit at the University of Dakar
* Exotic Wildlife & Beautiful Birds
* Local Liquors
* Organic Farmers Market & other monthly events
* Historical Architecture *Goree Island
* GREAT Surfing & Learn from THE BEST! There are Surfing Schools EVERYWHERE!
* Body Boarding, Para Sailing, Jet Skis, every water sport you have where you are, we have HERE IN SENEGAL!
* Horse Riding for Women & Men, Boys & Girls, along with Racing & Sports Betting at the Track
* Women's Basketball (the BEST!)
* Men's Basketball (the WORST! LOL!)
* African Dance
* African Drumming
* Bowling alley and it's GORGEOUS with a game room for children and a gambling casino!
* Gambling casinos (4 or 5 all over town)
* Game rooms & Video Game Stations for kids
* Skateboarding & Rollerblade Park
* Motorcycle, Motorscooters & Bicycle races
* Big Game Fishing (and fishing off a pier!)
* Sightseeing and Tours
* Dancing, Bars & Restaurants - the NIGHTLIFE is FIERCE here in Dakar!
- Online Application