Marine Conservation In Madagascar
Scuba Nosy Be Conservation Header Image Scuba Nosy Be Conservation Header Image

Marine Conservation In Madagascar

NGO Marine conservation projects at Scuba Nosy Be

I worked on NGO Marine conservation projects at Scuba Nosy Be as an intern & researcher

• Scuba Nosy Be Conservation responded to this review May 03, 2017 at 8:19 AM

Cheers Tammy, it was a pleasure to have you with us.
    All the best

A worthwhile and enjoyable experience in Madagascar

As a professional dive instructor I have been diving all over the world and have enjoyed and participated in many aspects of the underwater world. However, this was my first real opportunity to actively participate in a conservation project.
This project allowed me to participate and get involved in the practical aspects of the work rather than just doing data collection.
I was involved in the construction of artificial reefs, fabricating the metallic structure which would host the coral, placing it in the water and attaching the coral. The founders of this project, Etienne and Erwan are really knowledgeable, passionate and always willing to teach. Madagascar is an amazing dive destination.
The coral reefs are pristine, and there is a variety of interesting topography on the dive sites. In addition to the great diving, there is a great atmosphere around the dive center and (very important) the food was amazing. I plan to return next year to see the result of my contribution and to participate in future projects.

• Scuba Nosy Be Conservation responded to this review December 16, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Dear Caroline,

Thanks you for your review. It was a really pleasure to have you helping us at the begining of the NGO.

Since you left, we done a lot more and I will send to you some updates, so you will be able to see the evolution of the work done.

Hope everything is going well for you, feel free to send us some news.

Kind regard