SLS 120 Hours TEFL Training in Pattaya: with Accommodation
Salisa Language School, SLS Teacher Training Centre Header Image Salisa Language School, SLS Teacher Training Centre Header Image

SLS 120 Hours TEFL Training in Pattaya: with Accommodation

The best TEFL course in Thailand

As with all things in life, there's the good, the bad, and the reasonable. But once in a while you come across something very special, and that's exactly what happened when I came across SLS Training Centre in Pattaya.
They offer a 120 hour TEFL course, that's extremely well structured, and gives you the ability, knowledge and confidence to become a great teacher. Their instructor, Cillian Hayes, is brilliant at his job, and he can readily draw on more than 25 years of practical teaching experience in the UK.
From the very first moment you step inside the door, his warm and friendly personality will allay any nervousness or doubts you may have. He delivers the course at a pace that suits all individuals, and explains the concepts of teaching in a way that's very easy to understand.
At SLS, the emphasis is on teaching practice, with up to 8 hours of real-time reaching in a classroom environment, plus peer observation of fellow teachers. Cillian assesses each trainee individually, and methodically reviews the lesson, highlighting the areas that need improvement, but duly rewarding the trainees where they do well.
All in all, I consider it to be an exceptionally good course, delivered by an excellent instructor, in an environment that's relaxed and friendly.

• Course Instructor

Great school, great experience.

With the vast amount of TEFL courses available in Thailand, I opted for ‘Salisa Language School’ a smaller independent school in the heart of Pattaya. I had already visited several schools within the Bangkok and Pattaya areas and I was still undecided and somewhat confused about which TEFL course to undertake. After an impromptu visit to the school, I was introduced to Cillian Hayes (The lead TEFL Instructor). Cillian was warm and friendly throughout our brief conversation, he explained the course outline and the differences between other teaching accreditations available. Unexpectedly I was invited to partake in a lesson and meet fellow students who were already studying for the 120 Hour TEFL Certificate. This was the only school I visited where I received this level of openness and transparency.
After a brief period in the classroom and chatting with the other students, it was clear that choosing SLS as a training school would be the right decision. The course content was clear and well-structured throughout the package. Furthermore, the pace of the course was adequate for all students involved. The handouts that were provided were concise and relevant to the lesson topics that we covered. Moreover, feedback and direction from Cillian along with other teachers working at the school was always on hand, along with a varied selection of lesson plans and literature to help students get the maximum benefit from the course.
After successfully completing the 120 hour TEFL course I returned back to my native country of England, where I spent the next six months completing the terms of my then current employment contract. Upon my return to Thailand, I visited ‘SLS’ and enquired about any potential job vacancies in the Bangkok/Pattaya areas. As always the staff were warm and friendly, instantly remembering my name and offering advice on vacant jobs. Cillian contacted the HR team of one such school on my behalf further cementing the fact that ‘SLS’ goes beyond what is expected of a language school.
A few days later and after a brief interview at Satit Udomseuksa School (Pattaya) I was offered an English teaching position which I gladly accepted.
Choosing a TEFL course in Thailand is easy! Choosing the right TEFL course, now that's a different matter. SLS has provided me with the guidance and knowledge to become an effective English Teacher, just as beneficial to the TEFL certificate is SLS’s ‘open door policy’ that they offer to all of their student's. I would thoroughly recommend anybody wishing to partake in a TEFL course to seriously consider Salisa Language School.

The best TEFL course in Pattaya

Great location, first class teaching facilities, probably the best TEFL instructor in Thailand and wonderful practical teaching experience. Im now a confident and professional TEFL teacher. Thank you SLS!