Study Abroad and Intern w/ a Tech Startup in Buenos Aires!
Sage Corps - Study and Intern Abroad participant on top of a mountain Sage Corps - Study and Intern Abroad participant on top of a mountain

Study Abroad and Intern w/ a Tech Startup in Buenos Aires!

Adapting to culture

I was picked up by Enrique, a driver, from the airport when I arrived in Buenos Aires. I found it difficult to engage him in conversation, I didn't know much about his thoughts, what he would like to talk about, what an Argentine man would like to talk about at all. On top of that my Spanish was not as good as I thought it would be, so the drive to my apartment was quiet.

On my way back home, Enrique happened to drive me again to the airport. As soon as I sat in the car, we started talking, and the whole ride was full of laughters. After two months, I realized I had learnt how to hold good conversation with anyone from this city. I had become a porteño, as they call it.

A once in a lifetime opportuinty

I experienced tremendous personal and professional growth during my summer in Buenos Aires. Through my internship experience, I broadened my front-end web development skills and gained insight into what it means to be an entrepreneur by working with a passionate team of individuals. I truly believe that the skills that I developed during this summer will be valuable in any context that I find myself in my future career path.

Buenos Aires Summer 2014

Sage Corps was an entirely new experience that I am grateful to have participated in. I was able to work for a startup tech company in Argentina doing front-end web development. Having participated after my first year in college, and being able to get hands on experience directly impacting the company is something that can't be found with every program. Sage Corps offered a variety of professional development events, as well as cultural events. I recommend this program to anyone looking for a hands-on, fast paced and rewarding experience.