Red Tree Study participants Red Tree Study participants

Spanish Courses in Colombia

Helpful when I booked a Spanish course for my son

I found Red tree Studies both helpful and efficient in finding a suitable course for my son to study at for two months in Medallin. I spoke no spanish my self so contact with the university for me was impossible. Their knowledge and advice has ensured that my sons spanish at the university has improved before he starts his politics and spanish degree at Exeter University.

Can't recommend it enough

I arrived in Medellin with a handful of words of spanish, and a desire to learn more. I had read that this city was the ideal place to learn the language - great climate, friendly people, a great social scene, surrounded by the rich and beautiful natural environment Colombia has to offer. With the sole intent of learning another language, exploring an amazing country and immersing myself in latin culture, I started in Course 1 in Spanish for Foreigners at EAFIT University. The campus is lovely, and you have access to excellent facilities - an incredible library, swimming pool, excellent modern gym, tennis courts, cafes, restaurants, computers labs, copy shops, etc. The teaching quality is excellent, the classes and chance to meet other students, both foreigners and locals, was great, and they make a real point of weaving into the course program cultural and historical lessons. I highly recommend EAFIT, and I love Medellin so much I decided to stay. I now run my own business here and my spanish is pretty good, although there is always so much more to learn! My story is a familiar one - as they say - the only risk in Colombia is wanting to stay.

Red Tree Study review

I had an amazing experience in Colombia learning Spanish through a placement with Red Tree. They advised on the best programme for me and then dealt with all the logistics, all I had to do was turn up. It was a fun time and I met some fantastic people and got to see a country which is truly spectacular. If you're thinking of learning Spanish I'd fully recommend Colombia as a great place to go.

• Facilities

Loved my course and Colombia!

Go to Colombia to learn Spanish! Awesome country and loads to see- definitely recommend the beaches at Tayrona and Santa Marta! I really enjoyed my course at Nueva Lengua that Red Tree recommended and booked for me. The teachers and other students were friendly and I learnt a lot and there is a good focus on speaking which is great if you want to travel. And my homestay family (well landlady) looked after me so well and was the friendliest person, as are almost all Colombians. Red Tree were great as well and helped me choose a great school and sort out accommodation too so I'd definitively recommend them.

• Facilities

Making a big difference with Redtree!

I am new to Colombia and found Redtree by searching information on different schools. Redtree is an excellent resource, especially if you are not totally fluent in Spanish and you do not know anyone here. They helped me by investing many hours to call around the city to find the best Spanish classes available. There is no one resource or directory to find these classes, and the class availability changes each month depending on the level of student demand. Redtree is very helpful in gathering information about as many schools and classes available, and their prices, which are not always correctly listed by resource websites. I highly recommend using Redtree, and they also provide assistance with finding housing too, which is a big deal. Having this resource makes a big difference!

Very helpful!!

I was already living in Bogota and needed help finding a school and sorting a student visa as the New Zealand embassy is useless. An employee from RTS helped me find a good university to study spanish and helped me with my student visa and cedulla which otherwise would have been very difficult on my own as I do not speak spanish and in general the employees at these places only speak spanish. They asked for nothing in return, I did not have to pay them for their help so it was really incredible generosity on their part and the employee that helped me felt more like a friend than someone just doing their job (It sounds cheesy but its true). So a special thanks to RTS, and in particular Ginna

Kanaru

• Facilities

A fantastic, professional company to learn spanish through

We signed onto a 2 week intensive spanish course in Bogota, Colombia. Our accommodation was sorted for us through Red Tree which was excellent and was very good value. Our Spanish School, International House, was very welcoming and a good environment for learning. Our teacher was very friendly and patient with us, using a variety of learning styles to teach us effectively. The staff were also very friendly and helped us out in regards to orientating ourselves around the city, e.t.c. The school also put on social activities to allow us to practice our Spanish. The organisation of administration before we started the course was smooth and efficient and we felt the course was very good value. Overall, we really enjoyed our experience with Red Tree and would recommend anyone to sign up on a course.

Great experience.

I had a good experience. These guys found me a school that fitted my needs perfectly, great service! They were very helpful. Definitely recommend Red Tree Study! Bogota is a nice city and I had the opprtunity to practice some Spanish whilst travelling around Colombia. Great country!

• Facilities

It is good to have another opinion about a school

When searching for a language school it is always good to have another opinion about a school, the area it is in, what other activities are available and Red Tree did this for me. It was another venue to ask question and clarify things

Loved learning Spanish in Colombia

I took a one week Spanish course at IH Bogota through Red Tree Study while I was travelling in Colombia. I took a beginners' class and found it fun and well taught - and felt like I really progressed. The school made everything really easy, and was super friendly. I loved the group excursions with the class, which meant that I got to see lots of the city whilst I was there - activities included pottery, exploring Botoga's markets and salsa dancing. I'd definitely go back to IH, and would recommend Red Tree.

Good

It was a good experience for film/television. If you're into sight seeing and exploring a foreign country, the social activities are good for you. Even if you're not, there's a lot to do on the weekends. The girls are pretty good looking and there is a lot of dancing and places to go at night. Bogota is pretty safe, I never had any issues.