Volunteer Care Work in Jamaica with Projects Abroad

Volunteer Care Work in Jamaica with Projects Abroad

Volunteering in Jamaica- Projects Abroad

In January I was blessed to be able to spend two short weeks of my time in Mandeville. This opportunity was very rewarding and if I could I would of stayed longer! I spent my time volunteering in a local orphanage and seeing the smiles on the children's faces every morning made me realize how truly fortunate I am here in Canada. I would do it all again in a heartbeat and hopefully I will have the opportunity again some day!

• Projects Abroad responded to this review November 15, 2017 at 5:47 PM

Dear Jacqueline. I am sure you had a strong impact in the lives of the children you helped, even if you were just in Jamaica for a short while. Thanks for sharing!

A volunteer for a month

My name is Emma, and i recently spent a month volunteering in Jamaica through projects abroad. I was doing their care project, and get placed in an orphanage. It was one of the best experiences i could ever ask for. I got to help children who needed it along with making amazing lifelong friendships with other volunteers. Along with that, i got to be submerged into a totally different culture which made me grow so much as a person and have a new understanding of my own life.

• Projects Abroad responded to this review September 25, 2017 at 4:28 PM

Hi Emma. We are thrilled to hear this experience was so important to you. The time you spent with these children is something they will treasure for years to come. We hope you stay in touch with your fellow volunteers from around the world!

The International Volunteer Programs Association