Coach Sports in Ghana with Projects Abroad

Coach Sports in Ghana with Projects Abroad

An Unforgettable Experience

Hello, I am a returned projects abroad volunteer. I volunteered at the basketball coaching placement in Nima, Accra, Ghana. My stay was three weeks long and it was the best time of my life. One thing that stood out to me about projects abroad was the amount of support that they gave their volunteers. I was given so much information, help, and guidance. The staff who were in Ghana were outstanding and made my experience so much better. While volunteering, I stayed with a host family, which was great. My host mother was very helpful and staying with her really made my experience unique. I was originally planned to stay only two weeks but I was enjoying my time in Ghana so much that I extended my stay another week (Which was uneasy process). I can't put in words how much my time volunteering really meant to me. I highly recommend everyone to volunteer abroad with projects abroad. It is a great chance to really see the world in another way and have an "unforgettable experience" Thank you projects abroad!

• Projects Abroad responded to this review May 12, 2017 at 10:56 AM

Dear Martin: Thank you for joining us as a Coach volunteer in Ghana. I am sure the experience was just as rewarding for your young students as it was for yourself. It's great that you decided to stay an extra week, the longer you stay, the stronger connections you are able to make with the community, or in this case your students. Hope to see you again soon in another one of our projects!

The International Volunteer Programs Association