Care Work with Children in China with Projects Abroad

Care Work with Children in China with Projects Abroad

Projects Abraod- Shanghai

Hello!

My name is Kevin, I am an American university student. I recently chose Projects Abroad to volunteer abroad and I am glad I made the choice. They have been very helpful even before I left the US. I was assigned an adviser who answered all questions I might have had. I felt very welcomed when I arrived and the wonderful staff at Projects Abroad showed me around Shanghai and I eventually became familiar with this huge city. I am glad I chose Projects Abroad. They helped me find a great placement to work at, which was a perfect match of what I was looking for. Projects Abroad was there when you needed them. Whether it is how to use public transportation, how to efficiently travel, food suggestions, or safety concerns, they did the best to help me. I met many people from around the world during my trip to Shanghai and these friendships and my experience abroad will forever be something I will remember. I would recommend Projects Abroad to all who is looking to go abroad!

• Projects Abroad responded to this review December 14, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Hi Kevin. Thank you for sharing! We invite every volunteer to join in our local events so it's easier for you to connect with the rest of the volunteers and make friends. Soon, you are all planning activities around the city on your own, which is always fun. It's great that you were able to enjoy the country and your work at the same time. Hope to see you again soon!

The International Volunteer Programs Association