Immersion Trip ~ Madrid & Barcelona, Spain ~ Summer 2017
PINC International LLC Header Image PINC International LLC Header Image

Immersion Trip ~ Madrid & Barcelona, Spain ~ Summer 2017

The memories make this experience amazing

I loved traveling to new places. Ever since I was younger I have been able to travel all around the US with my family. I knew when I was younger that I wanted to see more of the world and visit Europe. Finding this program was a miracle. If it wasn't for Lisette coming into a Sunday evening chapter meeting with my sorority, I would have never thought to look for a program abroad. I never researched anything for travel before so when this opportunity came up I knew it was time to do something for myself and branch out without the comfort of family or friends. I went into the immersion trip alone and not knowing any of the girls. Leaving this trip, I have gained travel friends across the country and memories that I will never forget. This trip was something that changed my outlook on the world. Being in Madrid was the happiest and culturized place I've ever seen. It was worth the long flight. It was worth the time. It was worth the price. This experience was an amazing start to my travels and I will always have the memories of Madrid and Barcelona.

This Is what dreams are made of.. ❤️

As a 21 year old first generation Latina going abroad was never really an option rather more a dream. To be able to travel abroad and open up my horizons was life changing. Before this trip I had never traveled outside
the U.S. because I was scared of leaving my family behind, but I knew that I had to do it and grow as a person. So I took the opportunity. PINC Int'l gave me a sense of independence and power to be my own person and immerse myself in a whole new different culture that I was not accustom too. I got to meet inspiring young women that have now became some of my
closest friends and new travel buddies. From learning to new Spanish slangs to the history of why Madrid is the beautiful city that it is today. This trip opened up my eyes to take risks and put myself in situations that I not may be comfortable in because at the end it's an experience that shaped me into the woman I inspire to be. Thank you Lisette for always being there for us before the program as well as during because you made my separation anxiety go away and fully enjoy myself.

A trip to remember!

Having just graduated from college, going on this trip was honestly one of the best decisions. Throughout my stay in Madrid, I had the opportunity to fully experience and immerse in the Spanish culture, from its culinary offerings, to its historic landmarks. Moreover, I was able to push myself out of my comfort zone and force myself to interact with the locals in Spanish, a language I had no previous experience in. With the help of the Spanish classes provided in the program, I gained more confidence with every interaction I had. I also had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful and strong women on this program, who are now my good friends and new travel buddies! Overall, I had great time on this journey, and its all thanks to Lisette, who went above and beyond to make sure everyone was comfortable and happy. If you want to expose yourself to something new and different, I highly recommend going for this program! You won't regret it!

Take the leap and go for it!

It's important for me to start off by explaining that prior to this experience I had 1.) never traveled outside of the US and 2.) never traveled on my own. From the very beginning of the process, Lisette made herself available for all inquiries and concerns. Prior to our trip, she prepared a Pre-Departure Orientation to fill us in on all the do's and don't's of packing and other traveling details. The first week of the program, was filled with Spanish classes in the morning, workshops in the afternoon and free time in the evening. The second week was filled with a two-day trip to Barcelona , networking events and cultural activities. Overall, my experience was far more than I expected. I got the chance of meeting some of the most charismatic young women and gained a tremendous amount of personal growth. Deciding to be a part of this program was a huge leap for me and I am completely grateful I was given the opportunity!

Barcelona 2016

I had a great time on the Barcelona immersion program! It was awesome being in Barcelona with the PINC program. I learned a lot and would recommend it highly! I was able to learn about the culture, the language and the people. The Spanish classes were semi-intensive and really fun. I personally loved sight seeing and going to the beach in my free time.

Barcelona = Trip of a lifetime

My experience on this trip to Barcelona is something that I will never forget. It truly is an immersion program. From taking Spanish classes to exploring the night life and culture that there is to offer, you won't be disappointed. Don't be afraid to go out on your own and explore streets and small shops too, because that's when you might find the best treasures of all.

PINC Winter Immersion Program

This internship was a life changing experience. Going to Madrid alone was a big step for me, I love to travel, but I never went abroad without my school or a family member. I moved in with six other girls, who I have grown to love as my family and without them my trip would mean nothing. We took Spanish classes and workshop classes, which not only allowed us to familiarize ourselves with the Spanish culture, but it helped us learn to network internationally. For me networking is a big deal since I want to be in a Public Relations field. I got to work closely with a jewelry designer for Las Coronas. She was well known in NYC and her jewelry sold at high end retail stores like Bergdorfs & Saks Fifth Avenue. She taught me all sides of the business, from factory production to marketing her product. It was a great experience along side with my personal experience touring around Madrid and Segovia. I learned how to dance flamingo and learned the history behind tapas, which is like appetizers for them. This is an experience I would recommend over a million times, definitely a must !

The PINC experience

Words cannot express how much I loved being a part of the PINC Winter Program 2015. It was an experience of a lifetime and I enjoyed every single moment. The first week we took Spanish classes at La Adventura Española, one of the top 5 places to study Spanish in Madrid. The classes were insanely fun and interactive. Most afternoons we had free time to explore the city. Some of my favorite highlights of the program were the day trip to Segovia, rowing boats in Retiro Park, the Flamenco show, and wine tasting. Every day was a new adventure. The second week we had professional development workshops where we learned how to market ourselves, improve our resumes, and practice our interview skills. We learned about search engine optimization and how to create a LinkedIn account that stands out. I know the friendships I formed on this program will last long after the end of the trip. I am so grateful to have had this experience and would recommend this program to any girl in college who wants a fulfilling adventure in Madrid.

Loved it!

The winter program is a fantastic way to get to know Madrid, as well as a fantastic way to better yourself as a young professional. I learned more in the professional workshops than I have in any of my business courses in my university. The Spanish classes were so much fun! They were very small so therefore there was a lot of practicing what we learned in class which is essential to learning any language. The other activities that we did were an awesome way to immerse ourselves in Spanish culture in the two weeks that we had. I would highly recommend this program!

Winter Immersion Program Intern

I could not recommend this program any higher. It was the best decision and experience I could have asked for. There was a perfect balance between cultural and business activities, and living in a flat with seven other girls was better than I thought it was going to be. Unlike other programs, Lisette, the owner, holds your hand in the beginning to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Once you have your bearings, she balances the right amount of activities and networking events with free time for you to explore parts of the city you are more drawn to. There is also time on the weekends to travel and I recommend taking advantage of it!

Best of the Best

So the PINC internship program was exactly what I was looking for in terms of an amazing resume builder and a full blown cultural experience with a lot of travel. I always felt safe and always had something to do, see or eat. I can't recommend this program enough because honestly there's no better way to build character or make life long friends than through travel. You will not regret doing it and if you're thinking about it or second guessing it, just do it.

Why arent you signed up already?!

It's by far one of your biggest regrets not to sign up. As a former intern, I met so many people and the workshops were the best! I learned so much to add to my skill set for my career as an interpreter and explored the most beautiful city out there,Madrid.