Sport Project – Volunteer in Peru and Learn Spanish!
Peru Volunteer Header Image Peru Volunteer Header Image

Sport Project – Volunteer in Peru and Learn Spanish!

Exploring Peru

To go to Peru was one of the best decision I have made so far and to go with Peru volunteer made my stay in this amazing country even better. This organisation showed me Peru from a completely different side, than you can experience it when you are a tourist there. I really enjoyed working with the kids, it was a new situation for me standing in front of a class, but they gave me all the help I needed and made me feel comfortable. What I really appreciate about Peru Volunteer is, that everything is so personal there. They support you in the projects, give you help and tips when you need some and you really recognise that they care about you and are trying to make your time in Peru unforgettable. I am so thankful that I had the chance to make all this experience and to meet all this amazing people.

3 months cusco (spanish classes and volunteering)

I did one month of spanish course and two months volunteering. The whole project was an experience i definitely won't miss in my life. I loved the beautiful city Cusco - the lifestyle, the locals,..
would really recommend the project - Cusco is a perfect place to study spanish and enjoy life!

I will definitely come back again!

Once-in-a-lifetime-experience

Review on 'Peru Volunteer'
Felix, 21 years old, german

Well, than here we go, the big adventure PERU.
After a lot of thinking I finally decided to sign up for Peru Volunteer to go with that organisation to Peru for 3 months. That was absolutely the right thing to do.

Before your trip to Peru, the organisation will help you with any questions. It is for sure a good idea to arrive one or two days early in Cusco to get used to the altitude and the new time zone. You will feel the altitude in the first couple of days.
You live in a cosy apartment in Cusco. Together with other volunteers you share the flat, which has dorms for girls and boys and a kitchen with everything you need. Spanish classes are great fun!
You are free to decide what you do after the classes. Mostly you do something with the other volunteers, for example sports, hiking, visiting some historical places of the Inkas or discovering Cusco's nightlife.

I can highly recommend to go with Peru Volunteer. I lived for three months in another world which is more dirty, more complicated and more confusing than I thought. But because of that and because of the people I met and got to know, I will surely never forget my once-in-a-lifetime-experience with Peru Volunteer!

Combination of free time, work and fun

I volunteered for about 3 months with Peru Volunteer after having a really amazing month learning Spanish in Cusco, which is a really nice city with many opportunities for cultural events but also parties and meeting new people.
From my first day there I felt home, mostly because of the nice coordinators that always helped to organize and told you about the best places to go, and because of the other volunteers.
My time in the projects (volleyball, teaching English) was a lot of fun. Of work as well, of course, but I always enjoyed doing it. The children were amazing as were the teachers who always tried helping us if there were any problems in class.
Afterwards, I spent two months traveling through South America and that was really worth it. I would recommend doing that after the projects to everyone of you!

Exploring life

Between February 2016 and July 2016 I volunteered for Peru Volunteer. I had an amazing time in which I got to know a lot of different people. Peru Volunteer gave me the chance to be active in several sport programmes. In the end I organised a Marathon, gave sport classes to first graders and I was responsible for my own football team. It was nice that I could partially decide how I wanted to spend my voluntary period. Peru Volunteer had the contacts and from there on I could decide in which direction I wanted to go with my Voluntary work. I appreciated that they gave me the foundation from which I could explore my own passions and preferences. Peru Volunteers staff takes time for personal contact. They organised one on one conversations with you in order to share expectations and discuss if you are still enjoying your voluntary period. All in all a great organisation if you want to get to know yourself better, meet new people and want to do good for the local communities in Peru.