Music Internship in Ecuador
Music students performing on stage Music students performing on stage

Music Internship in Ecuador

Perfect experience

Can't believe the experience I have had. My work at Sinamune was completely tailored to me and I got my first taste of what it was like doing what I wanted to do after graduating. Thanks to my internship I landed a job back in the UK which followed on perfectly.

My life-changing trip to Ecuador

My experience was truly life-changing. That is thanks to the incredibly close relationships that I formed with my co-workers, students and my host family. It's amazing how this country that I only lived in for 7 weeks is now my second home. My support system down there and the impact that I was able to make on my students was priceless.

Alyson

My overall experience with PAA was incredible! I was able to learn so much that will apply to my music education career in the future. It will be an experience forever with me and I will definitely be back to visit. I quickly developed a whole separate life over there with a great family and local friends who welcomed me warmly. It's a wonderful country to visit, especially for those involved in the arts.

3 months in Ecuador!

Having never really traveled away from home on my own before, I didn't really know what to expect when I got on the plane to Ecuador. I was nervous; I didn't know much about what I was going to do, where I was going to be living with and who I was going to meet. I had only been learning Spanish for 6 months and I was worried that I wasn't going to understand anything or anybody. Instead, I started my time in Ecuador with other volunteers experiencing some of the beauty and the culture of Ecuador. The family I stayed with for the 3 months were wonderful and very patient with me and my Spanish. My placement was great; I was doing music with special needs which is exactly what i'd wanted to do. I also got to see some amazing places in Ecuador, including the Galapagos Islands and the Rainforest. I had a really great 3 months and I wish I could go back and do it again!