Music Internship in Ecuador
Music students performing on stage Music students performing on stage

Music Internship in Ecuador

9.5 Overall Rating
9.5 Overall Rating
Star Verified
Download Information

Location

Ecuador: Quito

Program Summary

Spend a month or longer interning abroad and teaching music with a foundation in Quito, Ecuador using music and the arts as ways to provide therapy and education to youth and adults with disabilities. Basic knowledge of Spanish is suggested, but all music interns will receive one-on-one Spanish instruction for 6 hours per week throughout the program. You will stay in a homestay with two meals provided per day.

Performing Arts Abroad intern abroad participants are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to take on a self-driven capstone project to complement their internship experience. This is a unique opportunity for you to complete a project of your own design and choosing with the guidance of a PAA advisor, and up to $100 in funding. In the end, you’ll feel a deeper connection to your international internship experience, and you’ll produce something that demonstrates your professional aptitude, what you have learned, and what you have contributed to your host organization.

Perfect experience

Can't believe the experience I have had. My work at Sinamune was completely tailored to me and I got my first taste of what it was like doing what I wanted to do after graduating. Thanks to my internship I landed a job back in the UK which followed on perfectly.

My life-changing trip to Ecuador

My experience was truly life-changing. That is thanks to the incredibly close relationships that I formed with my co-workers, students and my host family. It's amazing how this country that I only lived in for 7 weeks is now my second home. My support system down there and the impact that I was able to make on my students was priceless.

Alyson

My overall experience with PAA was incredible! I was able to learn so much that will apply to my music education career in the future. It will be an experience forever with me and I will definitely be back to visit. I quickly developed a whole separate life over there with a great family and local friends who welcomed me warmly. It's a wonderful country to visit, especially for those involved in the arts.

3 months in Ecuador!

Having never really traveled away from home on my own before, I didn't really know what to expect when I got on the plane to Ecuador. I was nervous; I didn't know much about what I was going to do, where I was going to be living with and who I was going to meet. I had only been learning Spanish for 6 months and I was worried that I wasn't going to understand anything or anybody. Instead, I started my time in Ecuador with other volunteers experiencing some of the beauty and the culture of Ecuador. The family I stayed with for the 3 months were wonderful and very patient with me and my Spanish. My placement was great; I was doing music with special needs which is exactly what i'd wanted to do. I also got to see some amazing places in Ecuador, including the Galapagos Islands and the Rainforest. I had a really great 3 months and I wish I could go back and do it again!

Notice: Our website and its third party tools use cookies, which are used to manage, monitor, and track usage to improve our website's services. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to the use of cookies, please refer to our cookie policy.

By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link, or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree and consent to our use of cookies.