Schools Support in South Africa
- Building & Construction Projects
- Childcare & Children
- Computer Training
- English Teaching
- Health Education
- Pastoral Work
- Small Business Development
- Youth Development
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
year round during the 4-term school year
Any age from 18 to 80, as long as you are fit and healthy and have appropriate skills. We welcome applications from more mature volunteers as well as young people. Families with children under the age of 18 may also apply.
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Cost in USD
from 1697 for 4 weeks
4 weeks is an optimum length of time, but placements can be designed for as little as 2 weeks to a maximum of 3 months, according to volunteer input.
* Full board home stay accommodation
* Airport transfers
* Full local orientation, city tour, social event, local SIM card
* Project & placement liaison
* Daily transportation to the project
* Flights, insurance, visa costs, personal expenses such as phone calls, medical expenses, etc.
- Guest House
Experience RequiredYes. As explained in the project details and description, a broad range of volunteer skills and experience are needed to support and develop local capacity. Your placement will be individually designed to match your skills, experience and abilities with the needs of the project.
Every individual volunteer is matched to the needs of the project - we aim to put the right people in the right places at the right time!
While we acknowledge and welcome the individuality of each volunteer, there are some general approaches to volunteer placements which will help you to have the best possible experience. You will need to be:
* flexible and adaptable
* willing to listen and learn
* able to 'think on your feet'
* a team player
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview