- Animal Sciences
- Zoology & Wildlife Sciences
- Animal Welfare
- Veterinary Science
9-12 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks
You can take part in this programme throughout the year for 4 – 12 weeks.
This Program is open to
American, European, Australian, Canadian, Asian, Worldwide, Kiwi and South African Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Cost in USD
4 weeks costs $2163 ; each additional week costs $419 USD per week excluding flights.
- Dedicated period of time on the phone or in person to discuss the project, answer any questions that you might have and find out more about you
- Pre-departure briefing
- Advice on visa requirements
- Help and advice from our UK office before departure and whilst away
- Pre-arranged veterinary and voluntary work at the reserve with accommodation.
- Met and greeted warmly at Port Elizabeth airport with scheduled transfer to your accommodation.
- Thorough briefing and introduction to veterinary medicine on a game reserve
- A programme designed to immerse you in all aspects of veterinary care and animal care on the reserve
- Return to Port Elizabeth at the end of your stay
- Accommodation with bathing facilities, lounge and BBQ
- Games room on site with table football, air hockey, darts and table tennis
- Access to outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts and even a cricket pitch
- Internet access at the main lodge
- Excellent food full board
- Oyster will prepare you thoroughly before you leave and support you while you are out there
- ATOL financial protection (if Oyster books your flight)
- Transport to Port Elizabeth on a weekly basis. Accommodation there is also included
- Free access to InterHealth’s Travel Health Advice Service
- Oyster Worldwide volunteer t-shirt
On your return:
- Welcome home pack
- Certificate of Recognition (on request)
- References (on request)
- Group living
- Online Application
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Phone/Video Interview