Outward Bound Costa Rica: Girl Scout Destinations
Outward Bound Costa Rica Header Image Outward Bound Costa Rica Header Image

Outward Bound Costa Rica: Girl Scout Destinations

Outward Bound Costa Rica, girl scout destinations... something you never regret

Outward Bound Costa Rica has been a major influence on my life. Through OBCR's group mindset and adventure based courses, my eyes have been opened to a bigger meaning of life and the world itself. Throughout my two OBCR courses, I have met some of my closest friends and experienced many memorable adventures.

My first year with OBCR I participated in the Catching Waves course. This course allowed me to immerse myself in Costa Rican culture and learn to surf. This adventure included rafting, volunteering in the local town, eating local food(one of my favorites being Lychee fruit), flying through a Costa Rican rainforest canopy during our rope course experience, and many leadership lessons. On this course, my group and I became very close and I still remain in contact with each girl I met.

My second Outward Bound course was called Scuba and Sea Turtle Adventure. The group had the opportunity to assist with sea turtle conservational work; with participating in night patrols and getting to release newly hatched baby sea turtles back into the wild. Also, I left Panama with newly acquired scuba certification. While on this course I discovered many new things pertaining to marine life and the effects humans have on its environment.

With the Outward Bound experience, it is impossible to leave the same as you arrived. I have grown so much as an individual through the guidance of my instructors on my courses and the experience itself. Each and every course will leave you with different lessons about the world and about yourself. I can guarantee that a trip with Outward Bound will challenge you mentally and physically, however, it will be the most rewarding and enlightening experience you will ever be a part of.

My amazing Outward Bound Costa Rica experience

My experience with Outward Bound Costa Rica was nothing short of life changing. I cannot express in words how strongly I encourage that every Girl Scout should apply for this amazing program. It will allow you to dive into a new and exciting culture, head first. Every minute was a new and exhilarating adventure, filled with fun and important life lessons. This course provided me with opportunities that I could receive no where else.

Some of the amazing opportunities I was presented with were releasing baby sea turtles into the ocean, doing a home stay in a small indigenous community in Costa Rica, visiting schools and conversing with local students, learning how to make traditional Costa Rican food, and helping beautify a community soccer field.

The amazing staff at Outward Bound Costa Rica was so caring towards each and every one of us. After spending merely two weeks with twelve other girls and my instructors, we became a family. The friendships that I made on this trip are ones that are unbreakable. The experiences are ones that I will carry with me for the rest of my life, and I am so thankful to have partook in such an amazing program.

• Satisfaction

Amazing experience (although, not what I expected)

Through Outward Bound Costa Rica, I was able to go on my Girl Scout Destination called, Scuba and Sea Turtle Adventure. I had an amazing time on the destination however there was some aspects that I wasn't expecting about my trip. I was told that I would be learning more about the coastal ecology (which we didn't learn much), and we spent less time with the turtles than expected. I am going into Zoology so I took on this destination from a more educational standpoint than most, however if you are looking for a Panamanian adventure that immerses you in the culture filled with fun activities and journeys along the way this is for you. Through my Girl Scout Destination I was able to learn more about myself and the culture I was surrounded in.