2-4 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks, 7-12 Months
Cost in US$:
Program Fees Include:
- Your accommodation (jungle lodge or village house - depends on your preference)
- Three time meals a day, coffee/tea.
- Two - three day orangutan jungle trekking (join up with other group)
- One day visit of sumatran elephants and help out with the elephant wash
- Airport pick up/drop off with shared-taxi.
- Local in-country team and 24hr emergency support.
- Local transport (motorbike ride, bicycle) during your stay.
Cost excludes: Flights, visa, insurance.
- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Development
- English Teaching
- Organic Farming
- Renewable Energy
- Small Business Development
- Tree Planting
We have welcomed many volunteers from another websites. It takes special kind of people to gear up with us. So let’s be totally clear with one another! We are kind people, welcoming, humble, clean, love to smile and most of all; totally devoted to what we do. > We expect you to be independent and well adapted. > We cannot help much if you're afraid of nature and all those insects, like spiders, ants, which we, even as humans, need in this world. > We will smile in an understanding way if you complain about our humble facilities. We expect you understand you are in a traditional village in the wild Sumatra! > We will love you like our friends, or even as family, only this is up to you… depending on your attitude and interest for nature, culture, and the volunteer work. We are a growing an ecotourism entrepreneurship in Gunung Leuser National Park, Bukit Lawang, offering tourists our ecotourism services in order to provide a financial support for our community development program. We have to earn money every day to go strong, efficient and focused. We are already recommended on Tripadvisor – Bukit Lawang, because of the the energy Irwan and I daily give to our guests/volunteers.
18 - 50
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Guest House
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 10
Application Process Involves
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Physical Exam/Health Records
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Job and Internship Network